IGNORED

Hands up

Alan Dicks

13 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

All those who thought "defeat" the very first second they saw todays team selection?

I thought it was brave. But in the way that Nigel Hawthorne's, Sir Humphrey Appleby used to remark to Paul Eddington's, Jim Hacker, "Prime Minister, that's the bravest decision you've ever made." Implying that he should do the exact opposite.

Have to be honest t- thought after the recent Home performances that the first half decent side to visit AG , unless we improved dramatically, would waltz away with three points ,

It was Brentford , and they did

A ruthless Fulham , Millwall , Cardiff , Wolves would have put six or seven past us today

The selection merely confirmed what was coming for me

Yep. Played Wright and, arguably, Bryan out-of-position and two inexperienced youngsters who have done nothing to warrant inclusion in the first team squad, let alone team. 

Utterly bizarre. In a must-win game. Four players who were more than likely to be sub-standard against a Brentford side. What?!?

Either SL  and/or LJ echo CEOs comments that we don’t want promotion and start experimenting with formations/our own players (3 at the back with JB left wing back) or start taking the the job more seriously. 

Shit was what I said too, Pack benched, Like him or not (and I did not) he is our best midfielder, Why? Injured or because he spent most of Friday playing deep? Which he did because he had to fight to get the ball out of defence! Kelly has earned a start and Baker is vital in partnership with Flint.

BW is not on his game and has not been, and Kent has shown he does not deserve to wear the shirt, So just about everyone who read today’s team sheet was amazed at the starting 11.  

LJ Repeating history in the dressing room?  Dissenters? Who knows? I only see the facts, we were 2nd in December, how many points have we dropped since?Where has the enthusiasm gone? 

Yes we are lucky to still be 7th, but I am thinking we could and should still have been aiming for automatic promotion, on current form making the playoffs, we would only embarrass ourselves!

The reason for the slump in form is what we should be debating!

Did anyone actually think LJ was going to drop BW today?  With Pisano fit and Flint back from suspension it was probably the first game this season where he had a decision to make about his captain.  I just don’t get why he would choose to play a right sided centre back who hasn’t been playing great on the left when there is a readymade partnership of Flint Baker good to go.  Sheer stubbornness or even though it didn’t work, was there tactical reason which I’m not seeing?

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I was shocked that Kelly wasn't in the side. 2 man of the match performances. How can a player playing so well in a side that look poor not get in? Amazed Kent was preferred with Bryan at left back. Frustrating seeing Johnson persevere with this 442. We got completely outplayed at their place with Korey and pack in a 2. Today he goes for the even weaker option of Korey and walsh. That is where we lost the game. They dominated the midfield. Had to go with a 3 like we did Fulham game. Why not treat them like we did Fulham? Respect them and add the extra body in midfield so they couldn't dominate like they did. Would have made all the difference in my opinion. 

I must admit I didn't think Kelly was ready after QPR away. But he deserved to keep his place after Ipswich. Joe needs to play left wing. 4.5.1 v Millwall to get a result. 

34 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Shit was what I said too, Pack benched, Like him or not (and I did not) he is our best midfielder, Why? Injured or because he spent most of Friday playing deep? Which he did because he had to fight to get the ball out of defence! Kelly has earned a start and Baker is vital in partnership with Flint.

BW is not on his game and has not been, and Kent has shown he does not deserve to wear the shirt, So just about everyone who read today’s team sheet was amazed at the starting 11.  

LJ Repeating history in the dressing room?  Dissenters? Who knows? I only see the facts, we were 2nd in December, how many points have we dropped since?Where has the enthusiasm gone? 

Yes we are lucky to still be 7th, but I am thinking we could and should still have been aiming for automatic promotion, on current form making the playoffs, we would only embarrass ourselves!

The reason for the slump in form is what we should be debating!

At the end of the day i think Lee is falling under deep scruitney

41 minutes ago, ColeCiderRed said:

Hands up, baby, hands up,
Gimme your heart, gimme, gimme your heart
Gimme gimme...

sorry Al.. Thought I would lighten the mood :blink:

Reminds me of holiday with parents in Ibiza.

39 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Singing the same in my head here!

Me too

15 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Did anyone actually think LJ was going to drop BW today?  With Pisano fit and Flint back from suspension it was probably the first game this season where he had a decision to make about his captain.  I just don’t get why he would choose to play a right sided centre back who hasn’t been playing great on the left when there is a readymade partnership of Flint Baker good to go.  Sheer stubbornness or even though it didn’t work, was there tactical reason which I’m not seeing?

With you there brother Zod.

I thought the only way he’d get picked was if we played a back 3.  In no way did I expect Baker not to play.  Bearing in mind Holden always calling Baker a warrior, I doubt this selection was advocated by Holden.

Bordering on wreckless that team selection. 

Neither Walsh or Kent should be near the first team squad, let alone first team. To include both against against a decent side in a ‘must win’ game was just totally bizarre. To add Wright in a unfamiliar position and continue with Bryan as a left back was ludicrous. Like playing 7/8 against 11.

We had options, far, far better options. We are no longer threadbare. We had  GON handing out Easter eggs FFS!!!!

Fed up of the ‘still learning’ argument. That side was destined to lose from the time he selected it. Sometimes I just can’t believe how he can get things so wrong when he had things so right a few months back. Beginning to think there is a deep and ingrained flaw somewhere in his approach to the game which just keeps reappearing. One thing is for certain. He is not learning. That is a great worry. 

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks said:

All those who thought "defeat" the very first second they saw todays team selection?

Sounds like the players did  :(

1 minute ago, Moor2Sea said:

Bordering on wreckless that team selection. 

Neither Walsh or Kent should be near the first team squad, let alone first team. To include both against against a decent side in a ‘must win’ game was just totally bizarre. To add Wright in a unfamiliar position and continue with Bryan as a left back was ludicrous. Like playing 7/8 against 11.

We had options, far, far better options. We are no longer threadbare. We had  GON handing out Easter eggs FFS!!!!

Fed up of the ‘still learning’ argument. That side was destined to lose from the time he selected it. Sometimes I just can’t believe how he can get things so wrong when he had things so right a few months back. Beginning to think there is a deep and ingrained flaw somewhere in his approach to the game which just keeps reappearing. One thing is for certain. He is not learning. That is a great worry. 

I think it’s either he’s stubborn, arrogant or both, believes his own hype and complicates things.

This is where you need his assistants to "give his head a wobble" (love that term) and bring him back to earth.

He’s a different person away from football.  

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think it’s either he’s stubborn, arrogant or both, believes his own hype and complicates things.

This is where you need his assistants to "give his head a wobble" (love that term) and bring him back to earth.

He’s a different person away from football.  

Wise words. 

26 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I was shocked that Kelly wasn't in the side. 2 man of the match performances. How can a player playing so well in a side that look poor not get in? Amazed Kent was preferred with Bryan at left back. Frustrating seeing Johnson persevere with this 442. We got completely outplayed at their place with Korey and pack in a 2. Today he goes for the even weaker option of Korey and walsh. That is where we lost the game. They dominated the midfield. Had to go with a 3 like we did Fulham game. Why not treat them like we did Fulham? Respect them and add the extra body in midfield so they couldn't dominate like they did. Would have made all the difference in my opinion. 

Totally agree. It was suicidal smith and walsh never got close to them. Worrying thing is that everyone could see it so why didnt LJ change it when it was so obvious? 

Archived