Wright RCB

Pisano RWB

Pack CM

Smith CM

Brownhill CM

Reid CF

Famara CF

SUBS: Steele, Kelly, Magnússon, O Neill, Djuric, Paterson and Diony

it will be a completely different game to Brenford, Millwall will play far less football and will hit the ball early and long. I think this team can be solid and hopefully see us turn the form book upside down and come back with three points.

For me, we have to go back to a 4-4-1-1 with Paterson in the hole.

My team would be:

GK - Fielding

RB - Pisano

CB - Flint

CB - Baker

LB - Kelly/Magnússon

RM - Brownhill (If O'dowda's fit i would move Brownhill to CM, but not sure who for)

CM - Smith

CM - Pack

LM - Bryan

CAM - Paterson

ST - Reid

Fielding

Pisano     Flint      Baker       Kelly

Brownhill    Pack    Smith    Bryan/ODowda

Patterson

Reid.

2 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Fielding

Patterson

Reid.

This would also be my team and for what’s its worth I wouldn’t have Kent on the bench but Eliasson. Take the fine from Liverpool and let’s give our own lad a chance, I think we can all agree if NE came on he’d but in a much better shift. 

3 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Fielding

Patterson

Reid.

Looks good, but i would like to see us try a front 2 of diony and woodrow? One once cost someone 8 million you know, and the other has played for england youth teams.

Fielding 

Pisano        Flint            Baker           Kelly 

Brownhill        Smith         Pack          Bryan 

Paterson 

Reid 

Subs Steele Wright O'Neill  O'Dowda  Elliasson  Diedhiou  Djuric 

It is tough because we will probably have to go direct at some point so should we just do it from the start? Do we start with 4 in midfield if COD is back pushing Brownhill centrally? I’d probably go with this

Fielding

Pisano Flint Baker Kelly

Pack

COD Smith Brownhill Bryan

Reid

Also if COD not fit I would probably give Eliasson a go but that is doubtful maybe Pato wide right

9 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Looks good, but i would like to see us try a front 2 of diony and woodrow? One once cost someone 8 million you know, and the other has played for england youth teams.

I think the reason for having Reid up front and Patterson in behind in the No 10 role is because that's when we played our best football a few months ago. Patterson can almost drift between that No 10 free role where he is best and can create and also help out in midfield when required. Just gives our midfield a bit more support and resilience which was clearly lacking yesterday and in previous games.

Fielding

Pisano Flint Baker Kelly

Brownhill Smith Pack

Paterson Bryan

Reid

Essentially a 4-3-3/4-5-1 hybrid, it can offer control in midfield and security- Paterson would have license to drift inside and go behind Reid, Pisano for this game would be instructed to be the more defensive of the fullbacks- that 3 though is a mix of energy, security and yes ability on the ball IMO. A sort of counterattacking game, that also makes good use of the ball...

The other excellent benefit of it, is it can morph into the 4-4-1-1 which served us so well for about 2 months or so earlier in the season.

21 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Amazes me that people still see Bryan as a lb

Agreed ! 

Team should be:                   Fielding

Pisano.      Flint.             Baker.           Kelly

Brownhill.    Pack.          Smith.             Bryan

Pato

Reid 

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

Agreed ! 

Pato

Reid 

Great minds think alike Baldy......shall we apply when Lees job comes up!!!......you can be my assistant!!! :laugh: 

1 hour ago, sglosbcfc said:

Fielding Gk

Bryan LWB

Baker LCB

Flint CB

Wright RCB

Pisano RWB

Pack CM

Smith CM

Brownhill CM

Reid CF

Famara CF

it will be a completely different game to Brenford, Millwall will play far less football and will hit the ball early and long. I think this team can be solid and hopefully see us turn the form book upside down and come back with three points.

Well done Lee,and 'good morning.....I see you've managed to 'shoehorn Wright into the side again...

I think we have tried all the combinations with this group of players since the turn of the year and in the

main it hasn,t worked, we have been pretty ineffective in several of the games.  So i would love it if we could 

try something different. Unfortunately looking at the names on the bench we haven,t really got anything

different to try. Maybe Duric on from the start with eliason providing the crosses.

the only player we have got who would be something different is O'dowda so hopefully he will be back if

not this week, next week. As long as it is possible always believe, the other teams seem to be helping us out

as best they can.

1 hour ago, sglosbcfc said:

Fielding Gk

Bryan LWB

Baker LCB

Flint CB

Wright RCB

Pisano RWB

Pack CM

Smith CM

Brownhill CM

Reid CF

Famara CF

Should have been the formation we switched to long ago. Failing that back to 4.5.1. We cannot play with a two in midfield. Get over run left right and centre. Poor. 

1 hour ago, Martin89 said:

For me, we have to go back to a 4-4-1-1 with Paterson in the hole.

My team would be:

GK - Fielding

RB - Pisano

CB - Flint

CB - Baker

LB - Kelly/Magnússon

RM - Brownhill (If O'dowda's fit i would move Brownhill to CM, but not sure who for)

CM - Smith

CM - Pack

LM - Bryan

CAM - Paterson

ST - Reid

This needs to be the team at Millwall. If we  go there with 4.4.2 they will turn us over. 

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Agreed ! 

Pato

Reid 

This is our best line up but it worries me as it only works if Pato is on form.  Unfortunately he’s well short of where he ended 2017.

2 hours ago, frenchred said:

Amazes me that people still see Bryan as a lb

I don’t pretend to understand the finer points of playing left back so can someone enlighten me.  Why does JB stand so far off his man when the opposition has the ball.  Game after game it appears easy for the opposition to hit diagonal balls and for the winger to bring it under control.  Is this just bad positioning or is there a tactical reason for this?  For someone held up by the club as one of the best in that position the opposition seem very confident to launch a high percentage of attack’s down his side.

36 minutes ago, Super said:

You can already see how this game will go. We will be muscled out of the game same as Cardiff away. 

It's the atmosphere that they won't cope with. We all know the Den holds 20K but with 16K Millwall fans in there they'll make it sound like 60K. Intimidating place and we need to roll our sleeves up and get stuck in. Sadly I can't see this group doing that. Will crumble. At least a few beers around London Bridge for the Merseyside Derby beforehand is worth it. Dreading the game. 

3 minutes ago, jtc1 said:

Fielding-Pisano Flint Baker Bryan-Brownhill Smith Pack Paterson-Reid Diedhiou.

good balance , 442 everyone knows what there job is.

2-0 win 6th place with 5 games to go !!!

Yes, I know that would be a likely outcome for Millwall with that team, setup but it wouldn't help us??

Seriously though, we tried it at Barnsley, with Wright in place of Flint the only difference and where did it get us...We would have similar at Millwall but they are a lot more clinical than Barnsley so we'd be in big trouble IMO.

2 hours ago, dunsteral said:

I think we have tried all the combinations with this group of players since the turn of the year and in the

main it hasn,t worked, we have been pretty ineffective in several of the games.  So i would love it if we could 

try something different. Unfortunately looking at the names on the bench we haven,t really got anything

different to try. Maybe Duric on from the start with eliason providing the crosses.

the only player we have got who would be something different is O'dowda so hopefully he will be back if

not this week, next week. As long as it is possible always believe, the other teams seem to be helping us out

as best they can.

I think part of the conundrum is we are in poor form but it is really hard to see changes from the teamsheet that people want and would make sense.

I think we have to try something different on Saturday. I don't mind whether that is the formation suggested by the OP and seeing if that tightens us up or Eliasson on the flanks.

I don't think Paterson and Reid upfront is the answer on Saturday - when we've played that formation we've done well against teams that come at us but not so well at teams that sit back and play as underdogs, as Millwall did.

It's not going to win me popularity contests but I'd be tempted to suggest Diediou and Djuric up-front for this one. Reid either sitting behind in a midfield 3 or on the bench. 

Archived