IGNORED

whats gone right

Jack Dawe

Just putting this out there, for anyone wanting to dwell on the positives, emphasise the good things about Bristol City right now. Of which there are many! And fear not! Tinman, and Londoner, and all: I know we are on a poor run, were dire Saturday,  were once second and are now seventh, but you've got loads of threads for all that. This is for those that want to note the good things and practice their gratitude skills. I'll go first:

Top half in the second tier of Englush football! Not been many seasons like this post 1980 (4, I think!). So hats off - and lots of love - to everyone concerned for that. More, please!

Right. That's me done. Now over to you lot.....

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The conversion of Bobby to a striker, even if it was done out of necessity due to injuries to Djuric and Taylor, as opposed to by design.

Nice try, Kid! You nearly got there, but just let yourself down with a little dig at the end! Keep trying - and smiling - though!

The squad is still reasonably well placed in terms of age ranges.

This leaves room for growth in three areas- in terms of individual players, experience gained as a Championship squad as well as providing an excellent foundation to then add some quality- provided it fits correctly- on top.

The added bonus here is that FFP seems to be going okay which all helps with this- look at Aston Villa, Derby and to a lesser extent, Cardiff and Middlesbrough- but especially the first 2. No promotion this season could mean some difficulties, both in terms of aging squads and in terms of FFP. Could leave them somewhat hamstrung.

7 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

The second hand of the season has allowed the negative Nancy’s to feel better about their dislike for LJ.

That's not the spirit, Emish. You've got dozens of other threads for all that.

Let me help you, try this: "Lloyd Kelly."

How's that?

49 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Just putting this out there, for anyone wanting to dwell on the positives, emphasise the good things about Bristol City right now. Of which there are many! And fear not! Tinman, and Londoner, and all: I know we are on a poor run, were dire Saturday,  were once second and are now seventh, but you've got loads of threads for all that. This is for those that want to note the good things and practice their gratitude skills. I'll go first:

Top half in the second tier of Englush football! Not been many seasons like this post 1980 (4, I think!). So hats off - and lots of love - to everyone concerned for that. More, please!

Right. That's me done. Now over to you lot.....

That’s harsh. 

Saturday was one of the few times that we haven’t been dire recently..! 

The way the team played for most of the first half of the season was really very good indeed. To beat Man U and to take Man City all the way, playing exciting attacking football with quick passing and movement was brilliant and is the foundation for an excellent team.

For all the nonsense written on here, the recruitment has actually been pretty good. We have some top quality Championship players that have cost relatively little and the development squad is stuffed with potential stars of tomorrow. They won't all make it but many of them will.

We have more points than we did last season and achieved safety with ease. This represents an improvement that shouldn't be overshadowed by the current poor form.

We've earned respect nationally for our performances this season. Premiership clubs have seen how we play the game and will be much happier to send their young players our way.

If we finish 10th or there abouts that is a reasonable improvement on 17th.  We had a fantastic league cup run beating Man U and playing with credit against the best team in the country and possibly in Europe.

Against that the form in the last three months has been poor and unless we turn that around in the last 6 games, which seems unlikely, there’s a worry we’ll carry that form into the start of next season.

I would say overall we have progressed as a club but there is room for considerable improvement.

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The conversion of Bobby to a striker, even if it was done out of necessity due to injuries to Djuric and Taylor, as opposed to by design.

Bit harsh, Kid

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

We are 7th in one of the most competitive leagues in the world having had one of the greatest results in the clubs history this season

This

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The pasties aren’t bad 

In fairness and sadly it’s not current , but we played some fantastic stuff in the latter part of 2017

Had a curry pie yesterday, was more than passable

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

1 point outside the play offs at the beginning of April? What an awful season.

This

Archived