IGNORED

Referee Yesterday

City Cat

Not sure if this has been covered yet...There was much talk on here earlier in the week about another appearance of Keith Stroud and the forthcoming doom of his bias towards us. He wasn't brilliant and some of his interpretation of the play on for advantage rule was perplexing. 

I have to say though that I shuddered when the Brentford player went down in the area for a "penalty" and when he was booked was pleasantly surprised as we've all seen penalties given for dives just as blatant as that one.

Was he that bad yesterday or did his reputation get lost in the gloom of our dismal performance?

Just very inconsistent. Yesterday he gave an advantage to Brentford. A similar incident happened for us and stopped play. Yesterday’s result was nothing to do with the ref . But IMO he’s just very poor. And likes a bit of attention. When I see he is chosen for our games. I instantly get bad vibes

47 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just very inconsistent. Yesterday he gave an advantage to Brentford. A similar incident happened for us and stopped play. 

Agree he was inconsistent, but in this incident the linesman on the Dolman side flagged late for the free kick to them. As soon as the ref saw the flag he stopped play.

Patterson looked like he was clearly fouled in the centre circle prior to their goal. The ref was inconsistent with his ‘advantages’, but we’ve seen far worse refereeing displays this season. It’s hard to see what on Earth has changed among the squad since the heady days before Christmas, but I hope they can get their mojo back before the season ends...

I’m not holding him responsible for the result as we were horrendous, but less than a minute before they scored Watkins should have been sent off for a second dive.

As somebody mentioned before the use of advantage was baffling, he twice played us advantage where there wasn’t any, then played advantage for them for ages, waited until it came to nothing sbd then went back for the free kick!? 

Additionally he was also inconsistent regarding yellow cards, Smith got booked early on (which I feel was correct) however in similar incidents throughout the game he didn’t book players?

Finally- The Brentford celebration for the goal took far too long, he made no effort to hurry them up at all!

Genuinely hope we never get him again, in his slight defence the linesman Lansdown side offered him no help!

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just very inconsistent. Yesterday he gave an advantage to Brentford. A similar incident happened for us and stopped play. Yesterday’s result was nothing to do with the ref . But IMO he’s just very poor. And likes a bit of attention. When I see he is chosen for our games.

* I instantly get bad vibes

* You really must stop shopping at Ann Summers.... if they're proper bad I'm sure the vibes will be under guarantee and they'll refund or replace to your complete erm, satisfaction. 

Three instances for me, playing advantage early on for us when we had to go backwards with the ball instead of having a free kick in a shooting position. Then second half played on for Brentford, allowed them to have a shot and then pulled it back. 2 minutes later gave an advantage to us and we lost it after a couple of seconds and didn't pull it back.

Didn't really influence the result, fouled or not we should have reacted after the challenge. 

Ref called it right all afternoon, though if there was one I'd need to review again it would be the booking of their lad for diving in the box.

Absolute joke those in the crowd getting on his back re the 'Smith incident'. He played a brilliant advantage for us and looked as bemused as the rest when, with the whole field open and men breaking left and right, Korey hit a 7 foot pinpoint to the only bloke they had within coverage (as we seemed to do all afternoon.) I swear when our lads had a go at him for not calling it back (sic) he uttered something of the form:"you don't get a second chance because you've hit a **** pass..."

10 minutes ago, Offside said:

I was in such horror at City's performance that I barely noticed the ref yesterday. 

I noticed him for sure! 

Shocking, whistle happy and so inconsistent it was almost unbelievable.

Stroud is closing fast on Trevor Kettle as worst referee seen at AG in the last 15 years.

2 hours ago, mickeygeeee said:

Patterson looked like he was clearly fouled in the centre circle prior to their goal. The ref was inconsistent with his ‘advantages’, but we’ve seen far worse refereeing displays this season. It’s hard to see what on Earth has changed among the squad since the heady days before Christmas, but I hope they can get their mojo back before the season ends...

Pato was just not strong enough, awful giveaway from a player that has been a shadow of his 2017 self in 2018, but keeps getting picked by our hapless manager.

Archived