IGNORED

LJ and Bailey Wright

PFree

1 hour ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Blimey, this is getting ridiculous. To my knowledge only Bobby Reid and possibly Josh Brownhill are the only players to escape criticism this season. Pisano, Fielding, Smith And now Bryan?? Bryan has been shifted around the team and to me looks exhausted. But most of the team seem to have been singled out at some point this season and it’s ridiculous. Sometimes just a few people chip in admittedly but good grief people, what the hell is going on.

There’s also been a thread or threads on virtually every player praising a particular or general performances 

All in all its a bit of a surprise people debating , praising or criticising players or managers contributions

Anyone would think it’s a football clubs forum

11 hours ago, Ian M said:

Just gonna put it out there, Bailey Wright was not the problem on Monday and the ratings based on what he did in the game back that up. In my eyes it was a wasted sub as we needed to bring Pack into midfield more than we needed to change our centre back. IMG_7727.PNG

Not sure what algorithm is being used here, but it's clearly seeing things I didn't.

How many people thought Bobby had a better game than Famara?

Or the loveable Bailey was better than Brownhill - this feels like made up science!

32 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Not sure what algorithm is being used here, but it's clearly seeing things I didn't.

How many people thought Bobby had a better game than Famara?

Or the loveable Bailey was better than Brownhill - this feels like made up science!

Agreed. I think Brentford's Alan Judge might have something to moan about if he saw that too!

14 hours ago, Ian M said:

IMG_7727.PNG

I'm interested to know the source of these 'ratings' (sic), not I hold much by such evaluations? Always amuses me to compare the AP ratings that appear in the Sundays many of whom are cadged from non-referenced sources where clearly games haven't been covered. We had one a few seasons back where most papers reported the same rating for a player who hadn't played.

If Saturday and were I ranking, only Fielding and Flint our side would have rated higher than 5.

19 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Can I take this moment, considering I  pay my money ( as a supporter) and invest my valuable free time on OTIB, to correct you?

It's their not there. FFS. The spelling and grammatical errors on here since Christmas  have been nothing short of relegation material and worse than dull.

So their!!!

:innocent06:

6 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I suspect the 'silent majority' were made up of those that thoroughly approved BW's sustitution but were not moved to vocalise it.

Those that did probably aimed their ironic cheers at the coach as much as the player.

I wouldn't imagine there were many who disapproved of the substitution and most fans would react, or not, as they wish to while being content to let other fans vent as they see fit.

Precisely what I was driving at and every right to do so.

• Admin
3 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

I'm interested to know the source of these 'ratings' (sic), not I hold much by such evaluations? Always amuses me to compare the AP ratings that appear in the Sundays many of whom are cadged from non-referenced sources where clearly games haven't been covered. We had one a few seasons back where most papers reported the same rating for a player who hadn't played.

If Saturday and were I ranking, only Fielding and Flint our side would have rated higher than 5.

They are from the SofaScore app which draws its data from a partnership with Opta. The rating will be somewhat subjective based on what importance they assign to the various categories. Below is the breakdown of Bailey's performance on Monday. 

IMG_7736.PNGIMG_7737.PNG

12 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Apart from the odd good ball, I’d agree..! Certainly no assists, so far. 

Of the 9 league games he’s played a full 90 mins, we have only won 2. One being the laboured home win against Ipswich.

Those games he’s played in have mainly been those where we’ve lacked creativity, apart from Barnsley at home, and include frustratingly woeful performances such as Millwall, Brentford home & away, second half away V Brum, Burton away, Barnsley away & That Ipswich home game was pretty dire. 

Not his fault alone, of course, but a definite pattern, one might say. 

Or you could say that until Monday, he’d only played in one loss.  You can use these kind of stats mischievously.

FWIW, pre-injury, I thought he was a terrific signing, proper defending, contributed to our attacking (without necessarily being the person with the final ball) with Brownhill or O’Dowda.

Monday was the first game I’ve seen since his return.  I didn’t think he was any worse than anyone else.  I’ve said in many posts that I thought BW was decent enough defensively, but poor with the ball....maybe that is borne out in the sofa stats above.

3 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Maybe Diedhiou too, but definitely concede the point in comparison to the 2 you mention.

48 minutes ago, Ian M said:

They are from the SofaScore app which draws its data from a partnership with Opta. The rating will be somewhat subjective based on what importance they assign to the various categories. Below is the breakdown of Bailey's performance on Monday. 

IMG_7736.PNGIMG_7737.PNG

Cheers, not sure what to make of such info (other perhaps than what Disreali said)? A centre half making one tackle, but where's the line between dual and tackle? Do his stats mean we were wholly dominant ( I know we weren't,) or that he missed the dozen tackles he should have made? Interesting they break down passes and long balls. Aren't they the same or is this supposed to be an indication to allow one to discount the endless lateral and backpasses that impact the modern game? Confused, you will be....

2 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Cheers, not sure what to make of such info (other perhaps than what Disreali said)? A centre half making one tackle, but where's the line between dual and tackle? Do his stats mean we were wholly dominant ( I know we weren't,) or that he missed the dozen tackles he should have made? Interesting they break down passes and long balls. Aren't they the same or is this supposed to be an indication to allow one to discount the endless lateral and backpasses that impact the modern game? Confused, you will be....

Oh FFS this season is going from bad to worse: It's DISRAELI.

Although the secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for opportunity when it comes.

Lets hope Baeli Right takes it next time.

17 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Oh FFS this season is going from bad to worse: It's DISRAELI.

Although the secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for opportunity when it comes.

Lets hope Baeli Right takes it next time.

Apologies, never can understand how android spell checker works on this phone.

Archived