IGNORED

Millwall Tomorrow

Savino

What can we expect from our team at Millwall tomorrow?

Are the guys up for a fight for the last play-off spot, or are they looking forward to the holidays and a guaranteed first team place for next season in the championship?

Like many others I was totally devastated by our performance against  Brentford, and also in general since January. I honestly can't help but feel that there is an under-current of self-preservation about our team - something I've felt many times at this stage of the season in the 50+ years that I've lived and breathed this team.

Just watching Cardiff v Wolves on tv, whatever you think about the merits of the scum and the cheats, they're all so up for it.

At the end of the day the management of those teams are totally fired up for the Premiership, and they're making sure there's no passengers.

Perhaps it comes down to the drive, experience and arrogance of the managers, maybe we're missing something there.

There's only so much self-congratulatory twitter feed on season ticket sales, BCFC in the community, and so on I can take when the team ain't performing.

Whack your money on a 4-0 Millwall victory.. we’ve turnt into a gutless, spineless team over the last 3 months and LJ simply has no answers.. 

Great season turned into a damp squib!

As much as people hate warncock at least he knows how to get the bloody job done, I know what I’d prefer!

Despite the disappointment of the last game I’m still looking forward to tomorrow’s match. I’ll wake up with hope that this is the game the players give the performance we are all desperate for and get our playoff hopes back on track.  For me it all starts with a positive team selection at 2pm, then imposing our game by playing the type of high energy football that creates a few chances.  Finally the players need to stand up and be counted and not be content to let this season fall away. We are lucky that the teams around us haven’t been great and we are still in touching distance but with games running out fast, tomorrow feels like last chance saloon no matter what spin is put on it. Big big game

4 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

Whack your money on a 4-0 Millwall victory.. we’ve turnt into a gutless, spineless team over the last 3 months and LJ simply has no answers.. 

As much as people hate warncock at least he knows how to get the bloody job done, I know what I’d prefer!

Cardiff aren’t promoted! Even though I’m far from convinced about LJ I’d still rather have Lee in charge then NW.  Nothing would make me want that bloke at my club.  

I bet a lot and so take a keen interest in how we are priced. I shouldn't be surprised but I am because bookies tend to overrate us this season, but tomorrow they have definitely given up, we are rank outsiders. Millwall are same odds Derby were at home to us, and shorter than we were against Burton and Bolton recently, and not far off us at home to QPR.

Zod needs to get real and look at warnocks record; 15 clubs, yes 15 (not 5 but 15!) mainly in lower leagues

Few fans of his previous (15) clubs like him, the way he left their clubs notr the way he approaches our beautiful game. Does he believe in academies, looking after the fans etc etc

Now, talk to them, talk football then ask your questions, 'Which Do you Prefer'

17 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Despite the disappointment of the last game I’m still looking forward to tomorrow’s match. I’ll wake up with hope that this is the game the players give the performance we are all desperate for and get our playoff hopes back on track.  For me it all starts with a positive team selection at 2pm, then imposing our game by playing the type of high energy football that creates a few chances.  Finally the players need to stand up and be counted and not be content to let this season fall away. We are lucky that the teams around us haven’t been great and we are still in touching distance but with games running out fast, tomorrow feels like last chance saloon no matter what spin is put on it. Big big game

The last 10 games have been massive games, we only turned up in 2 of them, piss poor effort from LJ imo not keeping the lads motivated and most importantly not sticking to the script.. we’re a totally different side this year.. poor, poor effort!!

10 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Zod needs to get real and look at warnocks record; 15 clubs, yes 15 (not 5 but 15!) mainly in lower leagues

Few fans of his previous (15) clubs like him, the way he left their clubs notr the way he approaches our beautiful game. Does he believe in academies, looking after the fans etc etc

Now, talk to them, talk football then ask your questions, 'Which Do you Prefer'

As I said, I wouldn’t want NW anywhere near my club even if it means guaranteed promotion.  Every time I see him in the dugout or post match I’m reminded why I dislike the bloke so much.  

7 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

The last 10 games have been massive games, we only turned up in 2 of them, piss poor effort from LJ imo not keeping the lads motivated and most importantly not sticking to the script.. we’re a totally different side this year.. poor, poor effort!!

Agree but it won’t stop me waking up in the morning thinking this could be the day we get back on track.  That’s probably why despite all the problems and disappointment I’ve renewed my season ticket.  Once a mug always a mug :)  

13 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

Got to also be looking at the mental fragility of the players if they can't motivate themselves being one place out of the playoffs currently but in the top 6 for weeks.  They might not get a better chance...

15 minutes ago, General Zod said:

As I said, I wouldn’t want NW anywhere near my club even if it means guaranteed promotion.  Every time I see him in the dugout or post match I’m reminded why I dislike the bloke so much.  

Completely agree. I'd rather give up watching football than have Warnock in charge.

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nothing? Not even promotion? Given he’s the most successful manager regarding promotions - you’d rather drift around in mediocrity - fair enough...

Yep I really can’t find the words to describe my feeling towards the man.  I can see why others would think differently though. Knowing our luck he wouldn’t even get us promoted and we’d be stuck with him. 

50 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

Talk about throwing in the towel!!! 

7 minutes ago, Meryl Goodrum said:

Completely agree. I'd rather give up watching football than have Warnock in charge.

You wouldn’t though...when we were top of the championship you’d sneak back in and watch the lads....you just would...but you wouldn’t admit it...you’d want people to think you were part of the pathetic ‘anti Warnock’ brigade...because it’s trendy...

2 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Yep I really can’t find the words to describe my feeling towards the man.  I can see why others would think differently though. Knowing our luck he wouldn’t even get us promoted and we’d be stuck with him. 

No worries....lots on here are scared of success.....they couldn’t handle it....

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No worries....lots on here are scared of success.....they couldn’t handle it....

Keep NW away from the club please.  I’ve already got an unhealthy dislike for Mark Ashton and I've no room left to have to hate NW on a daily basis as well #thewelshcankeephim

14 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

A fear of success is hardly a reason not to want Warnock though, is it? You’re only going to get success in relative terms for a very limited period of time. He got Notts County up and then got sacked before they were relegated.

He got Sheffield United up and then resigned after they got relegated, despite being ten points clear of relegation in March.

He got QPR up and got sacked because they faced relegation.

He took over at Crystal Palace in the premier league and immediately got them into relegation trouble.

He gets teams promoted and they almost inevitably get relegated. I am not sure any team he has managed has really built on early success. I don’t fear success but I would like it to be sustainable. Warnock is not the man for that.

Yes, Warnock can get a club up for a brief moment in the sun before it all comes crashing down around them but managers like Dyche and Howe have shown there is a much better way. I would love either of them at the club, although I realise it is not realistic. I would not want Warnock not because he would succeed in the short term but because he has repeatedly shown he cannot do it in the long term.

• Sheffield United relegation was a bit unlucky.
  • QPR sacking was a bit harsh IMO- and if they kept him instead of Hughes, yes they may not have stayed up but at the same time they would have been in nowhere near the mess they were in by the time they returned to Championship in 13/14 and latterly yo-yoed back in 14-15.

Rest I tend to agree with you on. Sheffield United COULD have been sustainable with a few tweaks, and he brought through a fair bit of youth at Palace first time around, but generally yeah he's not a long-term man.

1 hour ago, KeepUpLino said:

Your right about LJ but I personally would boycott the club  if Warnock was the manager. Think we need new management but his football is not the answer 

41 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nothing? Not even promotion? Given he’s the most successful manager regarding promotions - you’d rather drift around in mediocrity - fair enough...

I genuinely would prefer to be a stable, growing championship team, like we are, than be promoted under Neil Warnock. 

Thankfully, I trust the people running our club never to put that to the test and appoint him here. 

Don’t really understand the hate for NW or the view that you’d turn your nose up at promotion with him as manager. He’s a bit of a pantomime figure and plays up to it but he gets results, is a winner and players love playing for him. Many weren’t keen on SC but different story when we stormed the league.

I’d have Warnock here in a second but it won’t happen because of SL and NW probably wouldn’t work with the 5 pillars philosophy. Also NW ‘s not getting any younger so would only be a shortish term appointment now so is not ideal.

But for me on pure ability -LJ or NW? Ooh that’s a hard one, not.

Archived