IGNORED

Millwall Tomorrow

Savino

1 minute ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Brilliant, another thread on NW, the manager of our rivals. 

We are truly obsessed. Tinpot behaviour.

I don't mind talking about him but I don't know why OTIB has to split in to two groups on him, those that suck his dick and protect him at all costs, and those that call him and his dog *****.

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

I don't mind talking about him but I don't know why OTIB has to split in to two groups on him, those that suck his dick and protect him at all costs, and those that call him and his dog *****.

I'm very much in the middle, but don't understand why every topic, despite the opening post having no direct relation to NW, has to then result in yet another a conversation around him.

It's the same people just repeating the same thing over and over again on different threads, what's the point?

5 hours ago, General Zod said:

As I said, I wouldn’t want NW anywhere near my club even if it means guaranteed promotion.  Every time I see him in the dugout or post match I’m reminded why I dislike the bloke so much.  

I think I would take him if we were 8 points adrift at the bottom this time next season with 6 to play. Few would succeed in salvaging anything; NW likely would. But thats for next season. For now we are just enjoying a royal f--k up and hoping it ends in the next match or somebody puts us down as Millwall may very well do. 

Today is the most important game on the season so far. Its about a top six place, 110 procent fight for every ball and defending. Last games have been very poor, Barnsley and espesilly Brentford. Time to wake up and knowing whats all about. Normally Im optimistic but last game, usch. Hopefully we will se our team in a good shape today. We are underdogs, suits us better.

6 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I genuinely would prefer to be a stable, growing championship team, like we are, than be promoted under Neil Warnock. 

Thankfully, I trust the people running our club never to put that to the test and appoint him here. 

I don’t know where you get this stable growing championship team idea from? We look like we’ll be in for another relegation scrap next year.. we grew last year and have then regressed this year, that is not growing imo.

6 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

A fear of success is hardly a reason not to want Warnock though, is it? You’re only going to get success in relative terms for a very limited period of time. He got Notts County up and then got sacked before they were relegated.

He got Sheffield United up and then resigned after they got relegated, despite being ten points clear of relegation in March.

He got QPR up and got sacked because they faced relegation.

He took over at Crystal Palace in the premier league and immediately got them into relegation trouble.

He gets teams promoted and they almost inevitably get relegated. I am not sure any team he has managed has really built on early success. I don’t fear success but I would like it to be sustainable. Warnock is not the man for that.

Yes, Warnock can get a club up for a brief moment in the sun before it all comes crashing down around them but managers like Dyche and Howe have shown there is a much better way. I would love either of them at the club, although I realise it is not realistic. I would not want Warnock not because he would succeed in the short term but because he has repeatedly shown he cannot do it in the long term.

I’ve said loads of time on here, Warnock would get promotion from the championship but he isn’t the person to build on that success in the premier league. I said the same when Steve Cotterill got us promoted from league one...

Back on topic, one thing’s for sure - City need to be switched on from the start as Millwall showed against Forest how they can attach and score from kickoff in seconds.

This'll be a tough game and let’s hope the team selection’s right and we get a reaction or performance from the players after Monday. They need to play with energy.

This would be a great one to win, end Millwall’s run and push on in the run-in. 

9 hours ago, Olé said:

I bet a lot and so take a keen interest in how we are priced. I shouldn't be surprised but I am because bookies tend to overrate us this season, but tomorrow they have definitely given up, we are rank outsiders. Millwall are same odds Derby were at home to us, and shorter than we were against Burton and Bolton recently, and not far off us at home to QPR.

They haven’t lost at home for five months. So I’m not really surprised.

11 hours ago, General Zod said:

Despite the disappointment of the last game I’m still looking forward to tomorrow’s match. I’ll wake up with hope that this is the game the players give the performance we are all desperate for and get our playoff hopes back on track.  For me it all starts with a positive team selection at 2pm, then imposing our game by playing the type of high energy football that creates a few chances.  Finally the players need to stand up and be counted and not be content to let this season fall away. We are lucky that the teams around us haven’t been great and we are still in touching distance but with games running out fast, tomorrow feels like last chance saloon no matter what spin is put on it. Big big game

Team selection??....

If Wright is found a space in today's side it's sabbatical time...no excuses,Baker & Flint Esq...

30 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Anything less than being well and truly  tonked today will be a pleasant surprise.

Having watched Brentford home game, we cannot play as badly again surely?

If we do, then your prediction may ring true - an early goal fro Millwall and we could be in deep shit today. I would take a 0-0 today to be honest although no good as far as play offs go?

Archived