IGNORED

M4 motorway

barneyrubble

Sod driving to London. Get the train. 

If you do drive but don’t wanna battle through London traffic, a little tip I use when up there on business. 

Come off at J3 and go to Hounslow East Station. Parking there for only £4 a day (very cheap for London). Tube to Monument from there, then one stop to London Bridge 

53 minutes ago, Enter Sandman said:

If you do drive but don’t wanna battle through London traffic, a little tip I use when up there on business. 

Come off at J3 and go to Hounslow East Station. Parking there for only £4 a day (very cheap for London). Tube to Monument from there, then one stop to London Bridge 

Hounslow West is even better as the parking is free at the weekend!

1 hour ago, Enter Sandman said:

Plenty of parking close to Richmond station too and overground into london

9 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Why not car share. There was a thread on here earlier offering a lift, it was brilliant :)

Yep... My thread, offering car share. Got derailed then l got snakes, insults and threats from 1 or possibly 2 members. 

I car shared to Barnsley with @Bar BS3and @Busterrimes. Today will be full again with @Bar BS3

I will be car sharing again if anyone interested. 

Thread deleted cos of trolls

Asked OTIB for explanation waiting reply... 

37 minutes ago, RedKatieScarlett said:

Hounslow West is even better as the parking is free at the weekend!

Osterley isn’t bad either - £2 at weekend 

1 hour ago, Enter Sandman said:

My preferred option for London is to drive to Acton, use JustPark to park on a driveway near the tube station, then get the tube in from there.

It’s very easy to say “just get the train” but it’s rarely the cheaper option. Fuel from Chippenham to London is about £20ish and I can get get five in the car. The train to Paddington is £50ish each! Shocking really for a 75 minute journey. Until trains are the most cost effective option many people will choose to drive, and I don’t blame them.

8 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Let's hope the coaches take the correct route through London  this time. The last time I went we arrived 25 mins after kick off.

Ah I remember that. Our driver introduced himself as 'Turbo, the best driver in the fleet' who then proceeded to get totally lost in South London! 

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Ah I remember that. Our driver introduced himself as 'Turbo, the best driver in the fleet' who then proceeded to get totally lost in South London! 

Millwall fans changed the road signs that year - I went also. The whole story is on one of there ITK forums somewhere - it is a great read but at the time was a crazy day.

2 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Let's hope the coaches take the correct route through London  this time. The last time I went we arrived 25 mins after kick off.

That time i arrived at the start if the 2nd half. I didnt go with CATS today

Archived