IGNORED

The Millwall FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 41

Septic Peg

Another totally abject 45 minutes in mainly 4 months of abject football.

Bottom line they want it far more.

The defending for the goal was shocking.

We have had 2 free kicks in and around their box, both of which Bryan took both of which hit the wall the 2nd was a ******* 1 man wall FFS. WTF do we do on the training field regarding free kicks? absolutely useless for all but one all season.

It’s now a game and a half without a single shot on target and only another 2 both woefully and weakly off target.

At least Paterson has plenty of company for his mediocrity today but yet again he has been poor.

The only truly good parts, take a bow Mr O’Dowda god how we’ve missed you and the referee has been very good.

In short that was shit.

Only player to look a threat going forward is O'dowda, the rest of them have done nothing. 

We are passing it around nicely but as soon as they get it we go full on panic mode, look really uncomfortable in defence and they look like they'll score at every opportunity, poor again

Just now, Super said:

Garbage yet again. Sort it out LJ

To be fair, it is a much better performance than last two games but no cutting edge. LJ has tried Pato back in his supposed favourite position and he has offered virtually nothing yet again. He is just totally out of form and has been for the last 3 months but keeps being picked. Really poor management.

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'm not sure Millwall would let us dominate possession if we had a big man up front. As it is they knew if they just defend in numbers then we won't get through, and there will be a lot more space for when they occasionally attack. Once again Johnson been beaten tactically. Awful

Ha ha, Johnson’s fault already and it’s only half-time!  How many were calling for Reid up front on his own after the Brentford game?

I’m begining to wonder if Johnson had a hand in the Salisbury business...

We are unlucky. One bit of absolute magic and they are 1-0 up.

We have been on top, and if we come out and play like the last 10/15 mins; they are there for the taking. They will get tired and hopefully we can capitalise. 

Just one criticism, be patient. Stop looking for the Hollywood cross field pass Mr Flint and Mr Bryan...

I was really positive and hopeful after seing the team. Gutted to log into here and read that we are playing like crap yet again. Im getting really sick of it and I have absolutely zero faith that we'll get anything from this now. We can't even get a shot on target.

After a relatively bright opening we seemed to crumble after their (well taken) goal and reverted to the usual recent failings - laboured, static, not creating space, hopeful long balls, 2nd to the ball etc. Their keeper has had little to do and they have shown more determination than us.

Does everyone remember before xmas when Lee was being touted as the next big thing.....?

The longer this goes on the more I just think it was a good run/purple patch, nothing more nothing less and we are now back to LJ football. 

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

Some utterly classy touches but not getting much to work with. We need to be more direct and get more balls into the box.

If it were me, I’d take Paterson off for Djuric and Brownhill or probably Pack off for Djuric and have a go down the flanks.

You'd take two or three off for Djuric , you must rate him highly.

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Some utterly classy touches but not getting much to work with. We need to be more direct and get more balls into the box.

If it were me, I’d take Paterson off for Djuric and Brownhill or probably Pack off for Djuric and have a go down the flanks.

I'd take off Smith and Pato for Elliasson and Djuric, but this is LJ he will do sod all at HT I reckon.

1 minute ago, BS3_RED said:

Does everyone remember before xmas when Lee was being touted as the next big thing.....?

The longer this goes on the more I just think it was a good run/purple patch, nothing more nothing less and we are now back to LJ football. 

What I will say is we are back to LJ management which seems to be spin the wheel on a Friday to come up with Saturday’s “system” and numerous personnel changes on a regular basis.

Players returning after injuries seems to have done us no favours at all!!

Archived