IGNORED

The Millwall FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 41

Septic Peg

15 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

or a good end to a crap season as the last one......which will it be next season?

I fear losing the PO will represent a huge regret for many years,and that next season will be crap again: look at what happened to teams like Weds and Reading...

Our team had to cope with injuries and other obstacles,so credit to the lads for having remained in the playoff mix for so long...but when I think about the points lost against teams like Burton and what winning those 2/3 matches would have meant for us...I feel gutted.

Just now, 1bristolcity said:

Wow all the haters are having a field day.... honestly think they revel in City losing. 

I don't revel in city losing but the manner of the performance with not shots on target for 150 minutes speaks for itself. It's mighty difficult to feel much optimism or feel positive. 

1 minute ago, 1bristolcity said:

Wow all the haters are having a field day.... honestly think they revel in City losing. 

Not that simple is it. Yes you get fans moan after a single loss but this is another bad run where the performances are dire. Only consolation is that the last four games we have played in form opposition and two teams fighting for their lives.

Hard to imagine it is entirely down to selection alone.

Our best players seem to have lost the plot (and the will to win).

We seem to be in play out the season (anything better than relegation will do) and let's go on holiday, mode.

Disappointing end to the season for sure!

:mf_sleep:

1 minute ago, Buster said:

Time for Johnson to go his bad runs go on for to long just can' buy a win 

Agree, if we start next season like this than we’re in trouble. Let’s not get over excited just down to the good start. Only consistent teams will do well in the championship. Why does Lee keep taking teams on such bad runs? the most frightening thing is he doesn’t know ether and doesn’t learn from the last one.

Just now, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Typical response, this has been 4 months in the making not just today.

We all know that, well those that actually care about results, but sacking Lee but we are still building a squad, what does seem obvious is our recruitment has been pants, that has been the problem more than anything  else. However I have to say there has been a lack of effort too, top teams are busting a gut to win, we are not. 

4 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

There might be a couple of “haters” as you put it. Most are more frustrated and questioning why our form has been so abysmal, in terms of both performance and results,for three and a half months.

1 minute ago, WessexPest said:

Two seasons running where we've suffered catastrophic collapses. Serious questions do have to be asked.

Yes, but they won't be and a good chance of success has gone,  due to the very bad signings in January,  who rarely play or go on loan. It's becoming pretty obvious that the owner doesn't want to get in the Prem and would prefer to keep a yes man in charge. One question I would ask,  is why bother to invest in the stadium when a mid table Championship team is your ambition.

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Rubbish, I've no doubt that all City fans want success, just some of us think the collapse since Xmas has shown LJ will never delivery it!

Where have I said that they don't want success? I'd never accuse anyone of that unless they made it blindingly obvious. 

Archived