IGNORED

The Millwall FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 41

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Apparently LJ quoted as saying 'it won't be fatal if we lose today..'

What sort of attitude is that? :facepalm:

I suppose if he was asked “is it fatal if you lose today?” It’s a different story. He can’t really win either way then. I can’t see that that would have been his direct quote. 

Just now, WessexPest said:

Johnson never a popular player due to suspicions of nepotism; replaces a successful manager (albeit found badly wanting at Championship level) with an undistinguished coaching career; gets some credit in the bank for saving us from certain doom in '16, decent start the following season but then comes a disastrous run where his appointment and those who have the power to act justifiably questioned.

Manages to turn it around, and then in dreamland for first half of this season causing those who will never be LJ fans to temporarily hold their peace. But then that familiar sinking feeling again and all the suppressed concerns bubble to the surface again. 

Fair summary, but though LJ the player may not have been universally admired and would have been a non starter in the popularity stakes as the manager with some, that would only apply to a tiny majority.

Cotts. got a far more negative reception than LJ when he was first announced.

The thing with LJ is he is capable of putting a team out that plays football to make you purr, but there is absolutely no consistency over the season, and you know a dreadful run where all the positives and optimism will completely disappear, is always just around the corner.

These runs have happened every single season as far as his management career is concerned and there is no reason to think he has learnt from them to prevent exactly the same thing happening next season.

5 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Apparently LJ quoted as saying 'it won't be fatal if we lose today..'

What sort of attitude is that? :facepalm:

That's because he thought we'd lose. Insulating himself by getting in with a soundbite before the game. 

The saying says ‘less is more’, well that was spineless, useless, aimless, gutless, hapless and pointless so mission accomplished LJ.

January window was shocking, unambitious and uninspiring.

The love in with Paterson reminds me of a fathers love for his poorly performing son some years back.

One average performance out of the past 6 games and in the other 5, team selection, tactics, substitutions and application from the team have been woeful.

Fielding, Flint, O’Dowda, Reid, Djuric and Eliasson at least tried, the rest were pathetic, Eliasson took one great free kick and one great cross and several good corners, FFS give the bloke a run of games and forget about Paterson he is not good enough.

2 best chances both fell to Paterson and never got either on target.

2 games without a shot on target is frankly unbelievable.

Please forget the BS of ‘we would have taken this at the beginning of the season’ it simply does not wash, this has been 3 months of 3 wins and mainly poor performances and very poor leadership.

FFS sort it out.

Just now, 1bristolcity said:

Yep that cheered up a few, and the fact that City lost you Bob and the rest of the Rovers lot must be having a right knees up.

Says somebody who never goes anywhere near AG

Done more City Gaames than you’ve dreamt off Granpa whilst scrubbing the mess

Think you are actually a County Ground bred Troll

:yawn:

January 4th 2018 we were 4th level on points with Cardiff and 17 points ahead of Millwall. Since Christmas we have played 15, won 3, drawn 6 and lost 6 collecting 15 points from 48. This form is typical of what LJ is doing. As for the fact that we cannot get a shot on target and our January window might as well have been shut. Frustrating is not the word for it. The buck stops with LJ, JMc, DH and Ashton. Cannot see much changing next season given that some of our own might be off.

4 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Yep that cheered up a few, and the fact that City lost you Bob and the rest of the Rovers lot must be having a right knees up.

Nothing to do with having a knees up.

We're entitled to be pissed off when we lose, play poorly and can't even get a shot on target.

Extremely pissed off in fact.

Why do you feel you have to respond with criticism and goading to those who voice such natural reactions?

What the hell is happening! Cannot believe the difference from the start of the season, till now!

Zero shots on target in 2 games! EMBARRASSING!!

Whats really got me... LJ came out a couple of weeks ago, moaning about certain players not playing the way he wants, and if they don’t want or cant play the way he wants, the can leave. If this is the way you want to play LJ, I’d rather they totally ignored you, and played their way, 

6 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

So because I found it funny that you accidently insulted yourself, I'm a Rovers fan who is celebrating our defeat? Come on mate!

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Says somebody who never goes anywhere near AG

Done more City Gaames than you’ve dreamt off Granpa whilst scrubbing the mess

Think you are actually a County Ground bred Troll

:yawn:

Born in Bristol, St Anne's Arlington Road, in the forces at Swindon, lived and worked in Swindon, followed City Home and Away for many years, always been City, to say that I am Swindon shows what a snide you are and give Bob's name back you are a disgrace to the name.

I know you are losing the plot but to call me a Swindon Troll, well you will have to do better than that.

Oh! and calm down check for spelling.:shutup: 

1 minute ago, 1bristolcity said:

Born in Bristol, St Anne's Arlington Road, in the forces at Swindon, lived and worked in Swindon, followed City Home and Away for many years, always been City, to say that I am Swindon shows what a snide you are and give Bob's name back you are a disgrace to the name.

I know you are losing the plot but to call me a Swindon Troll, well you will have to do better than that.

Try talking some sense then man.

Nobody is supporting your point of view.

Bottom line we have been shit for over 3 months and apart from Paterson, LJ has been our worst performer.

Possession, Possession, Possession no penetration yet again.

Surely, it's clear as day that Lee Johnson is too inexperienced, too naive to take the Reds any further.

Our best players will be off in the summer if they have any sense (Reid, Flint, Bryan) and even though, it's been great to watch Man Utd and Man City this season, it's been tainted by performing poorly against sides that we should be taking all 3 points against - Burton, Barnsley and against sides where we have no idea on how to beat them (Leeds, Preston etc)

A change in thinking is needed if we want our team to match our facilities - Just not good enough!

Simply put - LJ cannot deal with pressure. Everywhere he’s been, the staggering way that we can’t seem to just lose 1 or 2 games then pick up points again, but the loses fall like dominos. 

You can tell he’s flapping massively - again. Completely changed the team, Eliasson not deemed good enough for the bench Monday, now gets minutes. Kent & Walsh banished. Paterson still loved and played even though he’s done nothing for 4 months. Now seemingly doesn’t have a place for our club captain now either. 

Reid shifted back into CM, when he’s our best striker. Diedhiou & Djuric on the pitch at the same time will never work either. 

Genuinely cant see where this run ends, Birmingham is going to be very tough. 

4 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Still go do you troll ?

Of all the various posters on here you are the one I have seen called out by the most posters and on most occasions as a Idiotic Troll

Time to reflect saddo

Archived