IGNORED

Make or break today for LJ

no_merde

3 minutes ago, no_merde said:

Just to clarify I’m a big fan of his (and the Johnson family) but we have to be realistic about our ambitions and who can deliver the goods.

And a manager who has overseen a season that has exceeded expectations - and could still achieve a play off place - might well be the person to do it. Look at the trajectory of this club over the last five years and see if you can spot a trend.

10 minutes ago, no_merde said:

Make or break today I fear for little Lee. If he can’t deliver the wins we need to get us into the promised land what’s the point in keeping him on?

On the wind up are you?..........:dunno:

Some posters think that's my job................:rofl2br:

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

And a manager who has overseen a season that has exceeded expectations - and could still achieve a play off place - might well be the person to do it. Look at the trajectory of this club over the last five years and see if you can spot a trend.

Don't bite CR!       

One thing that gets me with these threads is alternative names are rarely offered.

Who guarantees a better return than LJ with our budget?

Rowett was flavour of the month this time last year - now scarcely doing better at a significantly bigger club.

Warnock is an obvious candidate but splits fan opinion and clearly isn’t leaving Cardiff.

Who exactly is guaranteed to do better and is definitely worth breaking up the valuable continuity and knowledge of the squad that LJ has and can continue to build on?

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

A season that has exceeded expectations... yes. 

Could still achieve a play off place... yes. 

Trajectory... yes. 

Do I think LJ should get the bullet... no. 

but Should we be satisfied by our league position? No. Not at all. The last three months have been nothing short of abhorrent and we shouldn’t let out judgement be clouded by the fact that we had a brilliant start. I’m not surprised that a little unrest is creeping in. 

To be satisfied with this is a little bit like a homeless man winning 1m on the lottery, spending 990k in a week and still being happy that he’s rich cos he’s got 10k left. It isn’t something to crow about.

LJ is still in credit, but a repeat of Monday and more patience will be running thin. We can’t ignore how dire we’ve been for such a long time. 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

A season that has exceeded expectations... yes. 

Could still achieve a play off place... yes. 

Trajectory... yes. 

Do I think LJ should get the bullet... no. 

but Should we be satisfied by our league position? No. Not at all. The last three months have been nothing short of abhorrent and we shouldn’t let out judgement be clouded by the fact that we had a brilliant start. I’m not surprised that a little unrest is creeping in. 

To be satisfied with this is a little bit like a homeless man winning 1m on the lottery, spending 990k in a week and still being happy that he’s rich cos he’s got 10k left. It isn’t something to crow about.

LJ is still in credit, but a repeat of Monday and more patience will be running thin. We can’t ignore how dire we’ve been for such a long time. 

I don’t disagree with any of that Fordy. The broad picture is still positive but the recent history is undoubtedly a concern. But for now at least I think the former trumps the latter.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

One thing that gets me with these threads is alternative names are rarely offered.

Who guarantees a better return than LJ with our budget?

Rowett was flavour of the month this time last year - now scarcely doing better at a significantly bigger club.

Warnock is an obvious candidate but splits fan opinion and clearly isn’t leaving Cardiff.

Who exactly is guaranteed to do better and is definitely worth breaking up the valuable continuity and knowledge of the squad that LJ has and can continue to build on?

Just to answer your Q, the manager I like is Monk.  Nit that I want LJ gone though.  He would be a realistic choice for us.

22 minutes ago, no_merde said:

It’s that type of attitude that has kept us where we are for years. Pathetic.

No. It's your type of attitude that has stopped us from getting any consistency or progress for years and years. Instant fix, instant gratification? It doesn't work. 

10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Fair enough - but certainly no guarantees, and I don’t think the case for Monk is strong enough to justify dispensing with LJ.

Monk is the new Mark Hughes, I wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole, if we were to take on a new Manager it has to be somebody with success at getting teams promoted from the Championship or with good success elsewhere I.e. the Wolves Manager, otherwise what’s the point?

If or when LJ leaves City, I believe we should go European for our Head Coach. 

For very simple reasons. Coaches in Western Europe are well used to the idea of a head coach and that they are responsible for the first team only. A football director is responsible for recruitment and playing style, and which hardly changes from year to year : players and other coaches at all levels are recruited to fit this pattern which evolves much more seamlessly than the way it's done in UK. 

Thus we don't have to go through a massive change because the first team coach is changed. 

12 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Fair enough - but certainly no guarantees, and I don’t think the case for Monk is strong enough to justify dispensing with LJ.

Absolutely not.  Would be no guarantees with Pep!  Not at City!!

Archived