IGNORED

All you Johnson lovers

Alan Dicks

10 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

What do you see in him?

What's your hope with him at the helm?

What in your opinion has he achieved as a manager?

Will he ever come good? If so what signs do you see of this happening?

Saved the club from relegation.

Consolidated the following season, despite an awful run. (Which was his fault.)

Great cup run, lots of people estatic with  our play, and in with a shout of the play offs in the run in. 

I'm not a lover, but it doesn't seem to bad there.  What is worrying about Johnson is he struggles to turn a bad run around.

15 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

What do you see in him?

what phase is it now three so we got Johnson for two more seasons or is it seven pillars thats four more seasons in charge

LJ is starting to annoy me again. 

His interviews have returned the the nervous giggles and silly comments, akin to last season when we were struggling. 

He says theyre doing everything now that we were before christmas. 

No we arent Lee. 

Why are we now standing off, sitting back, rather than adopt the high press that clearly worked so well. 

Why are we now having possession just for the sake of it? We were playing high tempo, quick ball, loads of movement, opening teams up for fun. Now we want the ball but are plain and simple a sideways/backwards team now. 

If you really want to feed us the ‘we are doing what we were line’, then get us back to the above!!

:grr:

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks said:

What do you see in him?

They like easy football. They like to clap. Have a beer and watch Pointless win lose or draw! Same as the board!!!

3 minutes ago, BoneyardTIM said:

What, like he did this year? Bit of reality please, we are a very average team.

But we’re not are we. We’re a better than average team on a piss poor run, lacking confidence and lost belief. 

Just now, cidered abroad said:

When would be a good time? When we're bottom of the league next March? 

See where we are about 10 games into next season, no need to panic, it's been a good season overall, slightly disappointing end, although that often happens after such an amazing cup run. Not helped by a relatively small squad, but with good recruitment, no reason why we can't do well again next season.

4 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Not the time to change manager, there just seems to be a hysterical over-reaction to the current slump.

Not really over reaction, nature of the beast.  First half of the season it’s like he is the ‘messiah’. Since the Wolves game and collapse in second half of the season he is back to being a chump.  Who would be a manager a ? 

But yes. I just seen his interview on main site and very honest. It’s down to him and the staff to change it.  A good thread was created a while back where a poster put us as 17th on current from since Wolves game. Well now I reckon more likely 19 or 20. They the staff must know that, we know that, And I think until the summer we are stuffed.  As  a team the opponents have sussed us out, stop us doing what we did well, nullify us. Needs to change as this form if carried into next season would be shall we say challenging. 

A few thoughts of my own....

We wanted an experienced manager after Cott's we got LJ and after a horrendous run SL came out and rendered him bullet proof until the man at the top decides otherwise. After that we got on with it and he , or at least the team got full support. So what do we have?
We have a young ambitious manager, keen to learn and someone who studies the game. Studies and watches other teams , visits other training grounds and is eager to learn.
What we also have is a manager who tinkered too much and went on an 8 match losing streak came through it to keep us up. Did a similar run with Barnsley which we thought was odd last year. We now have had another 7 match using run (this time without the tinkering), albeit with a win and draw to break it up. This year however you can extend that to 19 games , 3 wins , 6 draws and 10 defeats. So over  3 horrible (if you include Barnsley) the one common denominator is LJ. I have no idea how or why these runs happen, specially when you contrast it to our form earlier on in the season. Obviously that spell of Man Cityesque football was a purple patch that has not been anywhere near repeated but, ignore that and go back to the beginning of the season and we were still playing well, winning and looking promising. I will say that spell coloured many view of the season and I think we would be a lot more level headed if we hadn't have been SO good.
I bet if you go back through posts many of the ideas from here have been tried , even today some of us were calling for a Reid/Pato front 2 if only to try something else to get the passing going. We don't know the answer, and I would say that LJ doesn't or else this run wouldn't be still going on. I hope we come out of it and end the season well, there won't be a lot of hope for next season otherwise. This summer will be telling, clubs linked with Brownhill,Bryan,Reid etc, etc and with our scattergun recruitment who knows who will join. I would love LJ to come through this spell, work out what has gone wrong and why and then get some consistency for next year. The last few games have left many on a real down no shots on goal , the count on target is something like 21 against and 2 for over 3 games, if we were losing games fighting it would be acceptable , but the team like the season is going out with a whimper 

LJ seems very hard working, forward thinking and very committed to city.  All qualities which are undoubtedly attractive to Steve Lansdown and a benefit to the club.  However these qualities do not mean he is the right man to manage us and doesn’t mean he will be successful as our manager.  Brian Tinnion is hard working, forward thinking and committed to Bristol City and a benefit to the club.  He wasn’t right as manager of Bristol city and resigned.  I see a lot of similarities between the two characters and think LJ is out of his depth in the position SL has given him.

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks said:

What do you see in him?

Can it not be that im encouraged by the way the club is trying to achieve things rather than being a Johnson lover? I wanted City to break the norm of sacking a manager over & over again & said so on here during our terrible run last season. With regards his performance this season, I suppose it depends on your expectations. Mine were of the top of my head 10 - 12th, so in that respect we are doing well. But I cannot deny that I was definitely looking upwards at Christmas. So I’m as disappointed as the next man. I was baffled & disappointed by the team he picked last week. So I can definitely see he has flaws, but show me a manager that hasn’t, especially one so young. But I’m sticking by my guns, because overall I can see improvement & I believe we are going about our business on the whole in the right way. COYR 

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Let’s not forget we beat man united in a one off game no doubt will be their bilge

The “one off game” thing seems unfair. We beat 3 other premiership teams before that and got to the semi final then ran the best team in the country close in 2 matches.  I’m not excusing our current form which is s*** but let’s not diminish that amazing cup run. 

We’ve found our level after over achieving in the first half of the season. Things really could be a lot worse.

I must add I’m not an LJ lover, but not a hater either, just want to watch good football, which on the whole this season has provided,

The strange thing is, mix the results up and over the time LJ has been at the club we would be over the moon with the progression we are making.

This feast then famine style is just bizarre and the fact its happened 3 times over two clubs shows it must be in the main down to the manager.

Its not time for LJ to go, I think we are still moving in the right direction but these long empty runs have to stop for the sake of everyone's sanity.

I am losing the faith in him. These bad runs are just too much. Spend half the season on a high then half rock bottom. Making 80% of Bristol bipolar. He has the summer to tweak a few things and hopefully trim the squad down adding 2-3 top quality to a solid core. Though if we get to a 4-5 game stretch with poor results I will lose patience I think. He has turned it around last season and turned this into a solid season this year overall. Next step is consitency. We have seen that this squad can compete. Adding a couple more should help solidify it as a top 6 type team because I believe we are talent wise. Just need LJ to find consistency amd to hold players accountable when their form dips. 

40 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Not really over reaction, nature of the beast.  First half of the season it’s like he is the ‘messiah’. Since the Wolves game and collapse in second half of the season he is back to being a naughty boy.

Fixed it for you.

Archived