IGNORED

Shots on target

harvey54

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Johnson should be embarrassed. We were set up not to create a thing, as Millwall could defend like they did against Pato and Reid all day long.

Not just him to blame its a pathetic stat!

2 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

To be fair Pato and Reid worked fairly well earlier this year?

Perhaps it's not personnel but the tactics.

True about working earlier but Patterson is going through a terrible patch and should not be starting - simply a shell of the player pre-Xmas.

Bobby is coming back to midfield far too often to get the ball so that is tactical issue IMO.

27 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

How the hell did we manage %79 possession at one point without a shot on target 

Incredible

Probably by packing the midfield to start the match leaving only Reid as a recognised forward. Patterson’s form has been pants for weeks; Pack and Smith score about one goal each per season; O’Dowda can’t be really match fit. When LJ made first subs it was two big players up front, that might work in League One by not the Championship. I’m not sure of the logic in dropping Diedhiou as he’s the club’s second highest goal scorer with a better goals per game ratio than Reid this season 

In conversation with my son last week, he said part of our success early this season was shooting from outside of the box, really peppering the opponents goal, some going in and some being spilled by the keeper and Reid capitalising, around early December we got so cocky that we started an incredibly irritating habit of over complicating in and around the opponents box, trying to score the perfect goal or to walk it in and it shows in the way that we have been playing and the alarming lack of chances that we create, I have been saying for months that we over complicate instead of having a pop.

Today we had 2 shots from outside the box both in the first half, one from Paterson when in a really good position it pathetically trickled past the goal, he couldn't even hit the target and the other from Baker that was closer to the corner flag.

2 hours ago, harvey54 said:

Nil

Ffs 

Discuss........

Awful Pitch? ( No, not this time...)

Players Unloved (Possibly, though fans didn't show it when perhaps they should have.)

The sun was out? (Wouldn't explain both halfs.)

Spring in the air? (Or perchance the fact the majority of our players really aren't that good and our set up and tactics are majorly suspect......)

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

How the hell did we manage %79 possession at one point without a shot on target 

Incredible

Because that was Lee Johnson as a player!! Side ways side ways. Bottled a tackle. Sideways. Didn't create. Didn't score! Now we have a Lee Johnson team!!

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

In conversation with my son last week, he said part of our success early this season was shooting from outside of the box, really peppering the opponents goal, some going in and some being spilled by the keeper and Reid capitalising, around early December we got so cocky that we started an incredibly irritating habit of over complicating in and around the opponents box, trying to score the perfect goal or to walk it in and it shows in the way that we have been playing and the alarming lack of chances that we create, I have been saying for months that we over complicate instead of having a pop.

Today we had 2 shots from outside the box both in the first half, one from Paterson when in a really good position it pathetically trickled past the goal, he couldn't even hit the target and the other from Baker that was closer to the corner flag.

Didn't Steve McClaren say something along those lines after we played Derby away?

Something like....we try to score precision goals and it's unsustainable to be able to do that week-in week-out.

A lot of fans have been saying it for quite a while now, we don't have a plan B. Our plan B seems to be, chuck a 6'5" defender or striker up front and lump it!

We continually struggle against the so called lesser teams, because they play to their strengths of holding their shape and defending well. Unless we score an absolute Worldy, we can't break them down.

2 hours ago, Spoons said:

We try to walk it in the net..... Just shoot!!

Exactly. Millwall saw gaps and went for it. Direct without playing hoof ball. We are content to pass and pass, which can look good at times but with no end product its pretty meaningless. Millwall didnt mind us having the ball as we werent doing anything with it. 

3 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

According to BBC stats, we've had six shots on target in our last FIVE matches. That's appalling.

Mark - it is appalling but not shocking. This is the same rubbish every week, which is why that count is so extraordinarily low. The word progress is used on OTIB an awful lot but how can anyone seriously be spinning our recent positive league position as if it is something that we've safely banked? At best it was a high tide, there is zero in current form to suggest that it is retainable. I love the team and you and I both saw what fun endings like Sheffield Utd can be, but now we are truly garbage.

45 minutes ago, Olé said:

Mark - it is appalling but not shocking. This is the same rubbish every week, which is why that count is so extraordinarily low. The word progress is used on OTIB an awful lot but how can anyone seriously be spinning our recent positive league position as if it is something that we've safely banked? At best it was a high tide, there is zero in current form to suggest that it is retainable. I love the team and you and I both saw what fun endings like Sheffield Utd can be, but now we are truly garbage.

Such a shame. 

I recall your OSIB feature not so long ago - convinced this was a very different team from the shambles of 2016/7.

Unfortunately the similarities are reappearing.

Archived