IGNORED

Positives from Millwall

Major Isewater

10 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Please tell me that was a joke?

Nope were you there? The only joke is your insistance to follow the forum status quo.He created a clear cut opportunity that set Duric up who completely fluffed his lines. He linked up well with Reid and skinned two defendere with great skill. I went with a neutral who picked him out as one of our better players. 

1 minute ago, Padlad said:

Nope were you there? The only joke is your insistance to follow the forum status quo.He created a clear cut opportunity that set Duric up who completely fluffed his lines. He linked up well with Reid and skinned two defendere with great skill. I went with a neutral who picked him out as one of our better players. 

Firstly mate I don't follow anybody I watched the game and he was pants throughout, he had our best 2 chances one in the first half that was pathetically weak and not even on target and one in the 2nd which was the only clear cut chance that I saw from us and an  even better chance and he managed to trip over his own feet.

It's true he did miss a chance but a least he was positive and looking to play dangerous balls, it's seems a lot people ( not saying you in particular) forget the reason we had any hope of the play offs of which Pato was a big part. Seems certain players are flavour of the week to rinse, BW another whose been written off. Much worst performances than Pato today. 

2 minutes ago, Padlad said:

It's true he did miss a chance but a least he was positive and looking to play dangerous balls, it's seems a lot people ( not saying you in particular) forget the reason we had any hope of the play offs of which Pato was a big part. Seems certain players are flavour of the week to rinse, BW another whose been written off. Much worst performances than Pato today. 

Yes there were a couple worse than him, but he has been shocking for all of 2018 but still gets picked.

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Elliasen got some good crosses into the box ...

help me out here .

Once again a dreadful and embarrassing performance. 

Lets not try and flower this up with the longterm plan bo***cks, we are really poor and have a manager who hasn't got a scooby door how to get us back on track. 

I really wish Lee would go now but he won't so we are stuck with him and therefore we will never reach the promised land. 

2 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Yes there were a couple worse than him, but he has been shocking for all of 2018 but still gets picked.

He's constantly played out of position. For 10 minutes after HT he was played alongside Reid as a number 10 (IMO his position). During that 10 minutes, we had movement we'd previously been lacking and Pato was in on goal before fluffing the chance but at least we actually created something. The lack of movement today in the attacking 3rd is embarrassing, similar scenes at Brentford.

Then the 2nd goal came and with it bringing on Deidhiou and Djuric. I think LJ got this wrong and I think one would have sufficed to have an impact on the game. However, the players have to step up; there is no excuse for lack of energy and movement off the ball and this is also not LJ's fault as no manager would ask his team to not bother attacking with tempo.

We lost, and there wasn't much that was good about it.

However, I thought there was maybe a 10 minute period with some fairly incessant chanting of 'Red Army' from about 30 mins (Block 25) which was good to see and be part of.

Seemed to lift the team a bit too and I hoped, dared hope we MIGHT push on 2nd half off the back of it, 2 might feed off each other and it may have properly got us back into the game...wasn't to be, sadly- and with that goes the playoff hopes.

Positive thing though...great to see O'Dowda back. I hope we are sensible and ease him back in over the last 5 games.

5 hours ago, Redandwhitescarf said:

And our possession stats at 64% were good. Unfortunately as a certain North London team(who also wear Red ) have learnt possession means nothing if it is not converted to wins.

Millwall thrive when teams dominate the ball against them. Have done all season. Our head coach should have spotted this tbh and adjusted accordingly for such an important game.

This might not go down well but oh well...as soon as they scored the first goal the majority of our support...heads down, silent, game over, after 12 minutes. 

12 minutes. 

I missed the Brentford game, but from the talksport commentary / highlights / briefing from my Dad / it sounded like it was easily the worst performance of the season and with our current form it was always going to be a struggle today...

But whether or not you’re an “happy clapper”, the atmosphere today was pathetic. The majority were so quick to give up and start moaning. Why not put all that effort into supporting the team?

After watching Bobby today (and almost all his performances this season),  it winds me me up how limp our support can be. Even when he’s not having his best game  he still hassles and bothers the opposition defence from start to finish and is always looking to make something happen.

1800+ fans today and the majority should take a leaf out of his book. We don’t deserve him.

OK, being positive, here goes.

Following the displays v Brentford and Millwall, City's players may no longer appeal so much to other teams, so the nucleus of the squad will be kept.'s

As the table stands this morning, next season no away trip to Newcastle or Sunderland and if they win the P/O, no Middlesbrough either.

Our local derby could well be Southampton next season with less chance of that being a bubble than Cardiff is.

Finally, but also the weakest positive, when this season ends, we'll still be higher in our division than the gas will in theirs.

• Image result for clutching at straws

Archived