IGNORED

Should he stay or go

Topper 123

Just now, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Experienced managers guarantee naff all, what we need is coaches,  backroom guys and things that isnt jobs for the boys ( I argued this ageeeeeeeees ago)  who have done it and create a winning mentality. Having all aspects of coaching learning their trade can mess up things more than what happens in team selection and tactics. Having that we've done this we rock, lets do it again,

Going the business way, this is what happens when you fail in business, you drop in teams of troubleshooters with the experience, to teach, learn and guide to success and make things good again. 

Football terms, you used to play for us, brilliant, you want a job?

The club feels stale under Johnson. We will end up coasting in mid table. A few relegation battles and with crowds of 15,000 by the time he takes us down 

2 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Experienced managers guarantee naff all, what we need is coaches,  backroom guys and things that isnt jobs for the boys ( I argued this ageeeeeeeees ago)  who have done it and create a winning mentality. Having all aspects of coaching learning their trade can mess up things more than what happens in team selection and tactics. Having that we've done this we rock, lets do it again,

Going the business way, this is what happens when you fail in business, you drop in teams of troubleshooters with the experience, to teach, learn and guide to success and make things good again. 

Football terms, you used to play for us, brilliant, you want a job?

You do realise that often experienced managers bring in their own coaches and staff, right? Those they have worked with for years. Christ, with NW (I don't like him, but a good example) it is even said he does very little and its his coaches who do the work. So yes, I am agreeing to less jobs for the boys and more experienced staff who have pedigree.

1 minute ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Stale? How so.  Mid table in this league for us consistently would actually be our best performance of all time. Indeed as would being stable, period. Something our fans seem to completely forget.. 

Yes I do realise this.  and I'm not for a manager brings his staff and clear out approach as you lose the experience when the manager inevitably goes. A point totally lost on football.  Train develop and share. train those insitu make them better through experience. if they plateau then appoint someone better but not wholesale changes each and every time. its why you get massive unstability ( we well know this, so why are we keen to repeat that?) plus it's expensive. 

Totally not on the job for the boys hymn sheet. Best person for the job, who ever they are. Not as a package so can chop and change without starting again everytime someone gets sacked and that would be much more business like. 

Pardon ?

I can believe we're having this discussion, because it's OTIB. But we shouldn't.

BUT WE'VE ONLY WON 3 TIMES IN 22

No shit. Have you seen anyone who's happy with that? Can you point them in my direction so I can give them a slap?

THINGS WON'T GET BETTER

Errrr.... right. See 2016/17 and get back to me.

LEE CAN'T INSPIRE A TEAM

No, not one that's on a downward spiral. Worrying, I agree. But we're 8th in the league, so today isn't the day to be sacking him for that.

2 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Stale? How so.  Mid table in this league for us consistently would actually be our best performance of all time. Indeed as would being stable, period. Something our fans seem to completely forget.. 

Yes I do realise this.  and I'm not for a manager brings his staff and clear out approach as you lose the experience when the manager inevitably goes. A point totally lost on football.  Train develop and share. train those insitu make them better through experience. if they plateau then appoint someone better but not wholesale changes each and every time. its why you get massive unstability ( we well know this, so why are we keen to repeat that?) plus it's expensive. 

Totally not on the job for the boys hymn sheet. Best person for the job, who ever they are. Not as a package so can chop and change without starting again everytime someone gets sacked and that would be much more business like. 

So you are against jobs for the boys, which is the reason LJ got the job in the first place - very little experience as a manager, and that was with crazy runs of bad form - but you want him to stay????

I don't have and if I'm honest, I've never had much confidence in LJ as our manager. I don't think he showed anything as a young manager at his previous clubs to think he'd be a good manager for BCFC. I think, he was known to the owners, was young, cheapish, and available with compensation. I think he fitted the bill of what SL wants in his club, that is, young and hungry. Trouble is, he can't decide what to have from the menu to feed that hunger, especially when there's a greater variety of choice. Give him a choice of soup, for a starter, steak for main course and apple pie for dessert and he chooses correctly. Put two starters, three main courses and a cheeseboard as a dessert option and he cocks up his selection.

He must have spent twenty years at least in the game, four of which as a manager. If I'd spent that long in a profession with the intension of continuing into management, I'd know that job inside out. He was a rookie at Oldham and a rookie for the first part at Barnsley. If he doesn't know his job by now, he shouldn't be doing it.

First third of next season is huge for me.

If we compete around the top six again we’ll be able to point to a more consistent position as a top-half Championship club; that in itself would represent progress.

However, if we start poorly and find ourselves in the bottom half, people like me taking the longer term view and citing broad season-on-season incremental progress won’t be able to defend him on that basis anymore.

The rest of 2018 is crucial for LJ in my opinion.

49 minutes ago, The Red Planet said:

Am I missing something here ? 

We are almost guaranteed to have a Top Ten finish this season.

We still have a chance of making the play offs (very unlikely after the last two performances I know)

We had a brilliant League Cup run - including beating Man U at home and giving the best team in the country a run for their money over two legs.

Yet people are still moaning about LJ. 

I don't get it. he is still a young manager who is learning his trade. 

And SL backs him 100%

He is not going anywhere soon, so please support him. 

Yes you are. The results since the Cup run ended. The tactical ineptitude demonstrated by our Manager, the actual performance on the pitch and an abysmal clutch of signings in January. And the fact that he seems unable to turn things around as you might expect a Manager to be able to do, if he had the qualities, we are told he possesses.

3 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

With all this talk of a Plan B - perhaps we just need a strong and experienced assistant coach, one who has tactical nous rather than simply being an ex-player.

Do you mean better qualified than the manager?

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Do you mean better qualified than the manager?

We've had a few posts suggesting we spend more money on someone who can help Lee. 

Why not get rid of him and employ THAT bloke, instead of having a puppet and puppeteer. 

1 minute ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

No but much better than Dean and Jamie who frankly have very little proven tactical experience or a CV that would mean they could become a Manager in their own right.

I thought that's why he brought Holden in and got rid of Pemberton. I think you really should include LJ in with those two.

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

We've had a few posts suggesting we spend more money on someone who can help Lee. 

Why not get rid of him and employ THAT bloke, instead of having a puppet and puppeteer. 

That's what I was implying.

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Because then we start rebuilding again and need another 3 transfer windows to get a squad to fit the new style - perhaps we just need some who can make effective in game changes?

3 hours ago, ReggyRed said:

You guys are hilarious. In poor form granted, but we are 9th in the league!

Yeh, but not so long ago people were saying “....but we are 6th in the league!” - then it was “...but we are 7th in the league!” - now you are saying “...but we are 9th in the league!”.....I’m not an expert on trend analysis but I can sort of detect a downward trend here whilst some clutch onto any sort of straw that happens to be passing...that isn’t a bad thing, but we have plummeted over the last 17 league games...and that is a massive portion of the season in which we have been hopeless....again! I thought we’d moved on from last season’s horrendous run from October to March....an amazing cup run papered over some obvious cracks and gave LJ and the club worldwide exposure...perhaps a bit of that went to his head...I thought buying the £400 bottle of wine that Jose didn’t want was a bit cringey, albeit fun as well! 

1 minute ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Because then we start rebuilding again and need another 3 transfer windows to get a squad to fit the new style - perhaps we just need some who can make effective in game changes?

Like a manager?

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh, but not so long ago people were saying “....but we are 6th in the league!” - then it was “...but we are 7th in the league!” - now you are saying “...but we are 9th in the league!”.....I’m not an expert on trend analysis but I can sort of detect a downward trend here whilst some clutch onto any sort of straw that happens to be passing...that isn’t a bad thing, but we have plummeted over the last 17 league games...and that is a massive portion of the season in which we have been hopeless....again! I thought we’d moved on from last season’s horrendous run from October to March....an amazing cup run papered over some obvious cracks and gave LJ and the club worldwide exposure...perhaps a bit of that went to his head...I thought buying the £400 bottle of wine that Jose didn’t want was a bit cringey, albeit fun as well! 

He popped in to Aldi this morning and got a bottle of Black Tower for Neil Harris. 

Archived