IGNORED

Congratulations to Bristol Rugby

cityironman

Back in the top division where they belong, top coach at the helm and good times ahead. Why is it that the penny has dropped with the rugby guys that to really progress they needed to push the boat out with regards to the coach & players but the football team....................??

14 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Mods please move this to the egg chasing forum

Plenty of people including myself enjoy the rugger and (to a lesser extent at the moment) the footie. We share the same stadium and they carry the name of our fine city. Whats not to like misery guts??

2 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Maybe because the rugby Championship is a relatively weak League, whereas the football Championship is a very high standard

Indeed, the sooner we’re back div 1 where we belong the better.

we know our place.

4 minutes ago, cityironman said:

Plenty of people including myself enjoy the rugger and (to a lesser extent at the moment) the footie. We share the same stadium and they carry the name of our fine city. Whats not to like misery guts??

Nothing at all, just don't want to read about it in the FOOTBALL forum the same way I don't want to read about eBay listings in the podcast forum.

This might be a more appropriate location for your celebratory comments: 

3 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Nothing at all, just don't want to read about it in the FOOTBALL forum the same way I don't want to read about eBay listings in the podcast forum.

Yeah we don't want any success stories for BRISTOL coming  on here to interfere with all the doom and gloom about the City:blink:

Appreciate Bristol rugby and eBay are similar topics:yes:

17 minutes ago, Super said:

Are they going to be an embarrassment in the top league again next season?

Don't think so, lessons learned from last time, as previously stated top coach at the helm & some top quality players lined up. All befitting a superb stadium & city!!

58 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The post as I pointed out the benefits of a high class coach, there is an inference their for BristolSport which includes Bristol City.

Jury still out on whether the coach is "high class". Yet to achieve anything different than several of his predecessors in the professional era.   

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

He gained promotion in his first season, how many failures did Robinson have before almost blowing it again?

And so he should have, given the resources available compared to every single other team in the division.

Still doesn't make him "high class".

As for Andy Robinson, don't get me started...

Just now, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Robinson had the same resources and still failed.

OK I'll try again as you've predictably picked on the Robinson bit and ignored the rest.

In terms of resources Bristol in that league are the equivalent of Man U playing in League 1.

If Man U got promoted from that league at the first time of asking, would it indicate they've got a "high class" coach?

Not in my opinion.

Next year will tell us much more about Pat Lam. 

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

OK I'll try again as you've predictably picked on the Robinson bit and ignored the rest.

In terms of resources Bristol in that league are the equivalent of Man U playing in League 1.

If Man U got promoted from that league at the first time of asking, would it indicate they've got a "high class" coach?

Not in my opinion.

OK so which of his predecessors are you talking about then? that is what I was alluding to in your original post.

8 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Not in my opinion.

You're right Geoff, it will show us about Pat Lam.  I think the portents are good though.  He is no mug, has a very clear vision and approach and has dealt with the first season in the correct way.  Respected the opposition, instilled a mentality that has meant we've won 19 out of 20 games as well as a clear style of play.  He's taken advantage of what is in effect a free season to work out which players can do a job in the Premiership.  I like the way he's improved Jo Joyce in particular.   

The recruitment looks to be excellent. He's used the season in the Championship to cherry pick 8 players from other sides that he thinks can make the step up.  Now that we are definitely promoted, I expect to hear of 2 or 3 more signings in advance of season ticket prices being announced.

Archived