IGNORED

Congratulations to Bristol Rugby

cityironman

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Jury still out on whether the coach is "high class". Yet to achieve anything different than several of his predecessors in the professional era.   

It is but winning the Pro 12 with Connaught is pretty damned impressive.  

4 minutes ago, The Bard said:

You're right Geoff, it will show us about Pat Lam.  I think the portents are good though.  He is no mug, has a very clear vision and approach and has dealt with the first season in the correct way.  Respected the opposition, instilled a mentality that has meant we've won 19 out of 20 games as well as a clear style of play.  He's taken advantage of what is in effect a free season to work out which players can do a job in the Premiership.  I like the way he's improved Jo Joyce in particular.   

The recruitment looks to be excellent. He's used the season in the Championship to cherry pick 8 players from other sides that he thinks can make the step up.  Now that we are definitely promoted, I expect to hear of 2 or 3 more signings in advance of season ticket prices being announced.

Already had this excellent signing in the bag back in November ready for next season.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/rugby/match-reports/breaking-bristol-rugby-sign-black-310454

The season ticket prices will be much the same.  This season Bristol have been charging the same as last season in the Premiership ie. 100% higher than most other clubs.  So nothing much will change.  The Championship attendances, Bristol excepted, are on a par with the Conference or Conference South.  Bristol's crowds match those in Division One and the Premiership Clubs crowds maybe match average Championship clubs.  And what is with switching a Bath home game to Twickers??

Great news for Bristol, takes a bit of stress off Friday!

and with regards to Friday it’s free for City season ticket holders so it would be great so see as many reds down there, I know it isn’t to everyone’s taste but we probably won’t be seeing a trophy presentation at AG for a while so it’ll be worth it!

Thanks for the mostly kind comments!

5 hours ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

They are similar in that they both have **** all to do with football.

Bristol RFC (Rugby FOOTBALL Club).

Shame it doesn't look like it will be a double promotion but we can hopefully celebrate City promotion with Bris premiership survival next year.

:)

12 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

And so he should have, given the resources available compared to every single other team in the division.

Still doesn't make him "high class".

As for Andy Robinson, don't get me started...

He also took an average  best Connaught side turned them into champions not to shabby, still to be proven in the English prem but he has a philosophy (and the right DNA) ok I made that last bit up 

12 hours ago, Rinkadink said:

Thanks for the mostly kind comments!

Bristol RFC (Rugby FOOTBALL Club).

Shame it doesn't look like it will be a double promotion but we can hopefully celebrate City promotion with Bris premiership survival next year.

:)

Too much handball for my liking.

15 hours ago, Jarman said:

The season ticket prices will be much the same.  This season Bristol have been charging the same as last season in the Premiership ie. 100% higher than most other clubs.  So nothing much will change.  The Championship attendances, Bristol excepted, are on a par with the Conference or Conference South.  Bristol's crowds match those in Division One and the Premiership Clubs crowds maybe match average Championship clubs.  And what is with switching a Bath home game to Twickers??

When I tweeted the club about ST prices they said they’d be announced “mid-April” so now that the title is confirmed I’d expect them out pretty soon. It’ll be interesting to see if the kids £50 ST will remain. There’s no “family stand” for the rugby so I’m very much hoping this stays as is. That said, I’d imagine prices will be increased. 

Archived