Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

cityironman

Congratulations to Bristol Rugby

Back in the top division where they belong, top coach at the helm and good times ahead. Why is it that the penny has dropped with the rugby guys that to really progress they needed to push the boat out with regards to the coach & players but the football team....................??

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Mods please move this to the egg chasing forum

Teacher, teacher.

I think the point about the coach makes it ok for the football forum.

Mods please leave, it might help us feel better about BristolSport.

14 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Mods please move this to the egg chasing forum

Plenty of people including myself enjoy the rugger and (to a lesser extent at the moment) the footie. We share the same stadium and they carry the name of our fine city. Whats not to like misery guts??

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Maybe because the rugby Championship is a relatively weak League, whereas the football Championship is a very high standard

Indeed, the sooner we’re back div 1 where we belong the better.

we know our place.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cityironman said:

Plenty of people including myself enjoy the rugger and (to a lesser extent at the moment) the footie. We share the same stadium and they carry the name of our fine city. Whats not to like misery guts??

Nothing at all, just don't want to read about it in the FOOTBALL forum the same way I don't want to read about eBay listings in the podcast forum.

This might be a more appropriate location for your celebratory comments: 

Edited by Ser Davos Ciderworth

3 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Nothing at all, just don't want to read about it in the FOOTBALL forum the same way I don't want to read about eBay listings in the podcast forum.

Yeah we don't want any success stories for BRISTOL coming  on here to interfere with all the doom and gloom about the City:blink:

Appreciate Bristol rugby and eBay are similar topics:yes:

17 minutes ago, Super said:

Are they going to be an embarrassment in the top league again next season?

Don't think so, lessons learned from last time, as previously stated top coach at the helm & some top quality players lined up. All befitting a superb stadium & city!!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The post as I pointed out the benefits of a high class coach, there is an inference their for BristolSport which includes Bristol City.

Jury still out on whether the coach is "high class". Yet to achieve anything different than several of his predecessors in the professional era.   

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Jury still out on whether the coach is "high class". Yet to achieve anything different than several of his predecessors in the professional era.   

He gained promotion in his first season, how many failures did Robinson have before almost blowing it again?

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

He gained promotion in his first season, how many failures did Robinson have before almost blowing it again?

And so he should have, given the resources available compared to every single other team in the division.

Still doesn't make him "high class".

As for Andy Robinson, don't get me started...

• Haha 1

Just now, Merrick's Marvels said:

And so he should have, given the resources available compared to every single other team in the division.

Robinson had the same resources and still failed.

Just now, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Robinson had the same resources and still failed.

OK I'll try again as you've predictably picked on the Robinson bit and ignored the rest.

In terms of resources Bristol in that league are the equivalent of Man U playing in League 1.

If Man U got promoted from that league at the first time of asking, would it indicate they've got a "high class" coach?

Not in my opinion.

Next year will tell us much more about Pat Lam. 

Well done them.

Can stick your Bristol Sport Umbrella Organisation right up your harris mind.

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

OK I'll try again as you've predictably picked on the Robinson bit and ignored the rest.

In terms of resources Bristol in that league are the equivalent of Man U playing in League 1.

If Man U got promoted from that league at the first time of asking, would it indicate they've got a "high class" coach?

Not in my opinion.

OK so which of his predecessors are you talking about then? that is what I was alluding to in your original post.

Think Bristol Sport can only cope with one promotion a season. They were geared up for the rugby and then there was a danger at Christmas that the football club would also gain promotion. Well done to the Rugby boys, but it's our turn next season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Not in my opinion.

You're right Geoff, it will show us about Pat Lam.  I think the portents are good though.  He is no mug, has a very clear vision and approach and has dealt with the first season in the correct way.  Respected the opposition, instilled a mentality that has meant we've won 19 out of 20 games as well as a clear style of play.  He's taken advantage of what is in effect a free season to work out which players can do a job in the Premiership.  I like the way he's improved Jo Joyce in particular.   

The recruitment looks to be excellent. He's used the season in the Championship to cherry pick 8 players from other sides that he thinks can make the step up.  Now that we are definitely promoted, I expect to hear of 2 or 3 more signings in advance of season ticket prices being announced.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

It is but winning the Pro 12 with Connaught is pretty damned impressive.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Bard said:

You're right Geoff, it will show us about Pat Lam.  I think the portents are good though.  He is no mug, has a very clear vision and approach and has dealt with the first season in the correct way.  Respected the opposition, instilled a mentality that has meant we've won 19 out of 20 games as well as a clear style of play.  He's taken advantage of what is in effect a free season to work out which players can do a job in the Premiership.  I like the way he's improved Jo Joyce in particular.   

The recruitment looks to be excellent. He's used the season in the Championship to cherry pick 8 players from other sides that he thinks can make the step up.  Now that we are definitely promoted, I expect to hear of 2 or 3 more signings in advance of season ticket prices being announced.

Already had this excellent signing in the bag back in November ready for next season.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/rugby/match-reports/breaking-bristol-rugby-sign-black-310454

The season ticket prices will be much the same.  This season Bristol have been charging the same as last season in the Premiership ie. 100% higher than most other clubs.  So nothing much will change.  The Championship attendances, Bristol excepted, are on a par with the Conference or Conference South.  Bristol's crowds match those in Division One and the Premiership Clubs crowds maybe match average Championship clubs.  And what is with switching a Bath home game to Twickers??

Great news for Bristol, takes a bit of stress off Friday!

and with regards to Friday it’s free for City season ticket holders so it would be great so see as many reds down there, I know it isn’t to everyone’s taste but we probably won’t be seeing a trophy presentation at AG for a while so it’ll be worth it!

• Like 3

Thanks for the mostly kind comments!

5 hours ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

They are similar in that they both have **** all to do with football.

Bristol RFC (Rugby FOOTBALL Club).

Shame it doesn't look like it will be a double promotion but we can hopefully celebrate City promotion with Bris premiership survival next year.

:)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

He also took an average  best Connaught side turned them into champions not to shabby, still to be proven in the English prem but he has a philosophy (and the right DNA) ok I made that last bit up 

12 hours ago, Rinkadink said:

Thanks for the mostly kind comments!

Bristol RFC (Rugby FOOTBALL Club).

Shame it doesn't look like it will be a double promotion but we can hopefully celebrate City promotion with Bris premiership survival next year.

:)

Too much handball for my liking.

15 hours ago, Jarman said:

The season ticket prices will be much the same.  This season Bristol have been charging the same as last season in the Premiership ie. 100% higher than most other clubs.  So nothing much will change.  The Championship attendances, Bristol excepted, are on a par with the Conference or Conference South.  Bristol's crowds match those in Division One and the Premiership Clubs crowds maybe match average Championship clubs.  And what is with switching a Bath home game to Twickers??

When I tweeted the club about ST prices they said they’d be announced “mid-April” so now that the title is confirmed I’d expect them out pretty soon. It’ll be interesting to see if the kids £50 ST will remain. There’s no “family stand” for the rugby so I’m very much hoping this stays as is. That said, I’d imagine prices will be increased.