IGNORED

Matty Taylor

Redandwhitescarf

8 minutes ago, shelts said:

He’s soo bad . We actually paid too much for him!!

Sorry disagree , been injured all season tbh , but last season even though didn’t get the goals showed  he was a clever player , and frankly we don’t have any different players that change things , still think could be a surprise package next year 

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Personally don't think he has it in him to be a championship striker but maybe a 10 just in behind as his movement is decent and he can put in a decent pass. 

And isn't that what we have missed. Think he draws opposition players towards him  which allows other players such as Reid to get ahead ready for his pass.  

Nah, 30 Championship games, 2 goals.

Completely out of his depth, I could list a whole catalogue of missed chances from him, he is hopefully on his way back to his level (League One) this summer.

Just now, GrahamC said:

Nah, 30 Championship games, 2 goals.

Completely out of his depth, I could list a whole catalogue of missed chances from him, he is hopefully on his way back to his level (League One) this summer.

How many of those has he started though? (out of interest)

I would be frankly amazed if he was the answer to our problems. Often runs around like a headless chicken, poor control & first touch, plus he seems unable to score at this level. Happy to be proved wrong but I can't see it myself.

11 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

A scapegoat who isn't even playing. That's a new one. The only near full games he's played were Stoke & Palace in the EFL Cup. We won both games. I'd take his energy over most of our squad at present.

He isn’t a scapegoat, he just isn’t remotely good enough.

A couple of good cup games for a striker  who hasn’t scored in the league in over a year isn’t anywhere near good enough. Woodrow has scored 2 more League goals than him in a similar number of games, yet he gets relentlessly slagged off.

In his last few games before injury he looked like he was a competition winner to play for us.

Terrible first touch, no pace, poor in the air, running around a lot and trying to provoke opposition centre halves doesn’t make you a Championship standard player, it makes you a League One player.

29 minutes ago, SimonL said:

Anyone woukd be better than Paterson at the moment. He's been a totally different player since he had that virus. 

It may be the virus

But JP has been the same throughout his career to date , great ability , but at previous clubs and seasonally ,hits purple patches but also looks awful and dissapears for long periods 

Actually ..... he’s perfect for us 

25 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Terrible first touch, no pace, poor in the air, running around a lot and trying to provoke opposition centre halves doesn’t make you a Championship standard player, it makes you a League One player.

His "terrible first touch" really isn't that bad. But because some make such a big deal out if it people pick up on it more when he does have a bad one. Pack suffers the same with his passing. He will hit 100 good passes but people remember the one that he gives always.

The bloke is what... 5 foot 9(?). I can't imagine lots of players of that height winning much in the air against 6ft plus centre halves.

As for all the "running around a lot"... Whilst i agree that people do tend to get carried away with the notion of a player trying hard. As a team we try to play a high press high energy game- surely that involves running around a lot?

I can only think of one occasion where he provoked an opposition player and that was against leeds... But we always complain that we don't have players that wind up opposition players and play the dark arts. 

I'm not convinced that matty Taylor is the answer to our current woes. But the five asissts he provided at the end of 16/17 were vital in saving our season. Perhaps he could play a part in saving this one. 

55 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

A scapegoat who isn't even playing. That's a new one. The only near full games he's played were Stoke & Palace in the EFL Cup. We won both games. I'd take his energy over most of our squad at present.

....and the assist for THAT goal in THAT game. 

I for one like him,has the ability to get in defenders faces and provoke them into possibly making

a mistake,also always imo retains possession and doesn’t treat the ball like a hot potato like some

have later on in the season,definitely worth retaining.

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

He isn’t a scapegoat, he just isn’t remotely good enough.

A couple of good cup games for a striker  who hasn’t scored in the league in over a year isn’t anywhere near good enough. Woodrow has scored 2 more League goals than him in a similar number of games, yet he gets relentlessly slagged off.

In his last few games before injury he looked like he was a competition winner to play for us.

It’s a British football fan mentality though isn’t it?

we love a player who runs around a lot and tackles hard. We love a trier 

1 minute ago, Alex_BCFC said:

He isn't up to the Championship - end of. It was a ploy by LJ to keep fans off his back last season during the bad run for cheap. Let's be honest - he more than paid for himself by setting up Korey for that winner. He wil be gone next season I think. 

On what you base your opinion that Taylor isn't up to the Championship?  He's  been out injured for months and was certainly feeling the discomfort prior to going under the knife.

How anyone can slate a player they've hardly seen is beyond me....

18 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

He isn't up to the Championship - end of. It was a ploy by LJ to keep fans off his back last season during the bad run for cheap. Let's be honest - he more than paid for himself by setting up Korey for that winner. He wil be gone next season I think. 

Was also revenge on Holloway taking freeman for so little 

5 hours ago, SimonL said:

Anyone woukd be better than Paterson at the moment. He's been a totally different player since he had that virus. 

Interestingly , I know several people who had the flue virus this winter and despite everything are still not functioning at hundred per cent. Talking of tiredness and lethargy.

If that's the problem for Pato that could explain a lot and evoke our sympathies as he is forced to play at a much reduced capacity and criticized for it .

Archived