IGNORED

Matty Taylor

Redandwhitescarf

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

On what you base your opinion that Taylor isn't up to the Championship?  He's  been out injured for months and was certainly feeling the discomfort prior to going under the knife.

How anyone can slate a player they've hardly seen is beyond me....

30 League games?

No league goal in over a year?

”Hardly seen” are you sure you aren’t confusing him with Engvall? It’s been known for you to get players muddled up..

As for the 5 who have (so far) rubbished my earlier post, feel free to come back to me next season if he’s still here...

Here’s a prediction- I doubt he will score 6 in a full season at this level and he won’t play at this standard for anyone else.

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

30 League games?

No league goal in over a year?

”Hardly seen” are you sure you aren’t confusing him with Engvall? It’s been known for you to get players muddled up..

As for the 5 who have (so far) rubbished my earlier post, feel free to come back to me next season if he’s still here...

Here’s a prediction- I doubt he will score 6 in a full season at this level and he won’t play at this standard for anyone else.

So you're saying Taylor has only missed 11 league games? 

If I were that interested I'd ask for a recount.

If Bobby does hopefully stay with us next season, I would like to see him and Matty Taylor get a run of games up top together.

Matty has a very good footballing brain on him and can play and control a ball, drag defenders around, close them down and finish as well.......that's what a striker does.

Some of City's best times were when we had Neville and Riley up front for us. Two little guys but it worked a treat. But for that to work they need a supply of decent - below 8ft - balls into them.

6 hours ago, GrahamC said:

trying to provoke opposition centre halves doesn’t make you a Championship standard player, it makes you a League One player.

Whilst I agree with the principle, and not suggesting Taylor offers only this, I think that is what we are crying out for. An injection of unpredictability. 

2 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

He's never had the run of games to show what he can do. Think he could be a very good Championship player at any other club.

Not sure of his stats but I’m pretty sure he started most games the back end of last season. This season he’s mainly been on the bench. He’s an honest trier 

5 minutes ago, freezer said:

If Bobby does hopefully stay with us next season, I would like to see him and Matty Taylor get a run of games up top together.

Matty has a very good footballing brain on him and can play and control a ball, drag defenders around, close them down and finish as well.......that's what a striker does.

Some of City's best times were when we had Neville and Riley up front for us. Two little guys but it worked a treat. But for that to work they need a supply of decent - below 8ft - balls into them.

I don’t think we’ve seen much evidence of that at this level.  He does work hard, he’s a bit of a pest (in a good way), but he needs more than that to be a success.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Interestingly , I know several people who had the flue virus this winter and despite everything are still not functioning at hundred per cent. Talking of tiredness and lethargy.

If that's the problem for Pato that could explain a lot and evoke our sympathies as he is forced to play at a much reduced capacity and criticized for it .

I agree, I had a virus a few months ago , it wasn't like flu, but it certainly made me weak with a terrible cough,  I even had an X ray.  Although I have recovered some weeks ago, I still don't feel right, tired a lot of the time and certainly not as strong as I was.  I'm 72, so perhaps it would have hit me harder, but in the case of Pato, I think that has taken a lot out of him and it probably won't be until next season that we will see him back to form.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

On what you base your opinion that Taylor isn't up to the Championship?  He's  been out injured for months and was certainly feeling the discomfort prior to going under the knife.

How anyone can slate a player they've hardly seen is beyond me....

While I agree with your main point, I recall he did miss an absolute sitter vs Derby away last year (when he had had a good run in the team) and struggled at home so I definitely think he needs to prove his cup performance vs Stoke can be sustained

Said it before. 

I think he's more a no.10 than a goal machine because he causes no end of issues for defenders. 2 CBs marking him makes space for Bobby or Djuric. 2 CBs ignoring him allows him to work the space and be tricky.

Still on a learning curve and probably half of his 30 apps are cup games so still needs to adjust to Champ. I certainly think he has the pace. When he is injury free, I can see him playing in behind Bobby for defo.

Or we may flog him. Who knows.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

So you're saying Taylor has only missed 11 league games? 

If I were that interested I'd ask for a recount.

For ****’s sake, he joined us in January 2017, it is now April 2018.

In that time has had made 30 LEAGUE appearances for us, scoring 2 goals.

What part of that is difficult to understand?

This is his second season with us, his appearances span all of that time.

:facepalm:

35 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Delighted for him, need to see more than just that before changing my mind but he couldn’t have done any more than he did tonight.

Contributed more in 10 minutes than Djuric did in 65.

Great to see tonight. But 20 mins against a league one defence doesn't mean he is suddenly amazing. Hope im wrong. 

I like Taylor, he’s a pest to play against and gets in the opposition’s faces. As soon as he came on tonight he barged into one of the Brum centre backs and got right up his nose. He then closed them down, harried, looked sharp throughout and took his goal really well. 

If we can get him fit for a long period I reckon he can do a great job as an impact sub at this level at the very least. 

56 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Delighted for him, need to see more than just that before changing my mind but he couldn’t have done any more than he did tonight.

Contributed more in 10 minutes than Djuric did in 65.

Thought service wasn’t great to Djúric tonight, but he looked a bit heavy legged too.  I’ll go into detail in another thread.

Good to see Taylor back.  Never mind the goal (pleased for him), that 14 minute cameo, is the intensity we’ve missed.  If he’s willing to not be one of the two main strikers I’d be tempted to keep him around.

On 07/04/2018 at 22:53, Cov 77 said:

Sorry disagree , been injured all season tbh , but last season even though didn’t get the goals showed  he was a clever player , and frankly we don’t have any different players that change things , still think could be a surprise package next year 

Not a chance 

Archived