IGNORED

Matty Taylor

Redandwhitescarf

Thought his pass out to Bobby and the sprint / attack into the six yard box for his goal was ‘simple’ but  top top play

Fair play Matty

Interesting that  LJ explained that he’s  not really been right fitness wise since he’s been here (One hernia then the other)

Now he’s fit ( and looked sharp for someone who hasn’t even played any U23 mins yet ) might yet be interesting to see what he’s capable of fully fit 

On 08/04/2018 at 09:38, The Original OTIB said:

A scapegoat who isn't even playing. That's a new one. The only near full games he's played were Stoke & Palace in the EFL Cup. We won both games. I'd take his energy over most of our squad at present.

Soon as saw him warming up my hopes lifted. He could just be that secret ingredient, front four of Bobby,  Matty, Call u and Josh with over laps from wing backs will scare Borough shiteless. 

Beat Borough Saturday and we are in it. 

1 hour ago, Slack Bladder said:

Good to see him back, as LJ says he's a pest

yes indeed, and  he had a terrible luck   this season with injuries.  Now he cost us £500K (ish) and our mega Jan window striker Diony, if signed ,would blow the £5.00M fee for FD out the window !  ( and not even near the bench)

can someone help me with the logic here ? Would you rather have a £500K Taylor or £5.00M PLUS Diony  on the bench or in the team?

On 08/04/2018 at 13:39, Ian Crabbe said:

I for one like him,has the ability to get in defenders faces and provoke them into possibly making

a mistake,also always imo retains possession and doesn’t treat the ball like a hot potato like some

have later on in the season,definitely worth retaining.

in all fairness i feel weve never had him totally fit an hes been carrying this injury since hes been with us looked sharp tonight we need to give him a break and forget the Rovers connection .

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Thought service wasn’t great to Djúric tonight, but he looked a bit heavy legged too.  I’ll go into detail in another thread.

Good to see Taylor back.  Never mind the goal (pleased for him), that 14 minute cameo, is the intensity we’ve missed.  If he’s willing to not be one of the two main strikers I’d be tempted to keep him around.

I'd sooner have Taylor over Djuric. I just don't see any quality with Djuric. He is slow, gives away free kicks, rarely looks a threat. Taylor has excellent movement and work rate. Plus he is a goalscorer. We just don't know how to use him. 

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 17:43, GrahamC said:

For ****’s sake, he joined us in January 2017, it is now April 2018.

In that time has had made 30 LEAGUE appearances for us, scoring 2 goals.

What part of that is difficult to understand?

This is his second season with us, his appearances span all of that time.

:facepalm:

I can't beleive 30apps is correct but will take your word for it. It's a pointless comment though isn't it? Is it 30 x 90mins? 30 x 10mins?. Kind of effects your arguement don't you think?

Plus he's not been fully fit even when playing.

Plus 2 goals isn't the sum total of the positive contribution he's given the team.

8 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

He will be here next year and he will score 15 + goals. We need his kind of energy. It makes a huge difference + by the look of the Head Coach and his look to camera, Bobby will be hard to keep. Who else are we going to get for buttons?

Bobby will go to Fulham if they go up.....

They will be a good fit for him.

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Thought service wasn’t great to Djúric tonight, but he looked a bit heavy legged too.  I’ll go into detail in another thread.

Good to see Taylor back.  Never mind the goal (pleased for him), that 14 minute cameo, is the intensity we’ve missed.  If he’s willing to not be one of the two main strikers I’d be tempted to keep him around.

Totally agree about Djuric, I was calling for Taylor to come on at HT or latest 10 mins into 2nd half.
As for Taylor, I'm not a fan. That's not to say we didn't need him last night and we do need that sort of player, but  he is very similar to Agard who got slated on here , I think it is because he came from 'them' he gets a bit more leeway. I'm not sure Engval would have been worse, but w'll never know. I like his effort , he has decent vision and he is busy around defenders but he lacks pace, for someone who trys to play on the shoulder that's not great. I am pleased he scored, no one likes players to be injured, I'd keep him for next year but look for an upgrade. That said I think there will be more important positions to replace/upgrade for the start of next year.

3 hours ago, tinman85 said:

I'd sooner have Taylor over Djuric. I just don't see any quality with Djuric. He is slow, gives away free kicks, rarely looks a threat. Taylor has excellent movement and work rate. Plus he is a goalscorer. We just don't know how to use him. 

Different players who provide different solutions.  Have no problem with your evaluation.

Djuric - on the couple of occasions where he’s looked fit, he’s looked to offer more than the "lump up front" he was last night.  He has good touch and awareness....and when mobile (not last night!) he looks a different player.  He may be like JET in that it’s difficult to carry that frame around for 90 minutes of Championship football week in week out.

Taylor - if he could attain levels of performance like he did against Stoke and Palace there’d be no arguments on here.  But those imho were him playing the best he can.  There have been too many ordinary games where he doesn’t quite look good enough, which suggests that’s his norm, not the Stoke type games.  He has grown on me though, and whereas earlier this season I would probably have got shot this summer, I would keep now him.

A front four of Reid (if we can keep hold of him), Diedhiou, Djuric and Taylor, backed up by Hinds, McCoulsky is a good starting position for next season.  Of course if the right player is identified and available then great.

One final point, despite Milan’s performance last night, I thought it brought out the best in Diedhiou, who would’ve been my motm if Pack hadn’t got it.  LJ said Diedhiou can play with any of our strikers, big or small.

Typically, had we played our usual Diedhiou / Reid combo, then Morrison (their dominant centre half / ball winner) would’ve picked up Diedhiou and Dean (their smaller, quicker, better footballing centre back) would’ve picked up Reid.  As it was Djúric was picked by Morrison, and nullifies the Bosnian.  Whereas Diedhiou bullied Dean most of the night, for once getting the freedom of playing up against the less physical man.  The ball stuck to Diedhiou last night, mainly because he want being muscled every time he tried to control the ball.

Taylor is a great option to have. He’s always on the move and is aggressive. He gives defenders something different to think about. He played a big part in our good run at the end of last season which took us to safety. If we make the playoffs, it wouldn’t surprise me if he makes an important contribution - winning goal v Cardiff would be nice!

Always think Taylor carried the baggage of where he came from. Weighed heavily with him and with some of our fans who thought our purchase of Taylor was merely the club getting one over on the Gas .  Think he has had a torrid season on and off the  pitch but hopefully he will get a few playing hours for the remainder of the season and then onwards and upwards next season

21 hours ago, nick jones of hereford said:

I hope the rejuvenated fit MT who scored last night can keep this up. ...... "Feed the snake and he will score, feed the snake and he will score!"  

Man City fans used to sing about Goater "feed the goat and he will score!" ....... but "feed the snake and he will score" has a good ring to it

We sang it before the Mancs!

Archived