IGNORED

Beat Birmingham, anyone?

reddogkev

Fed up reading about the last bad 3 games, now looking ahead to Tuesday.

When I bought the ticket for this game, I was hoping to see a cracking night match with us giving our all to edge closer to the play-offs.  Now I don't know what's going to happen or whether the players will be giving everything they have.  Please tell me we will win this game and the atmosphere will be good!

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Fed up reading about the last bad 3 games, now looking ahead to Tuesday.

When I bought the ticket for this game, I was hoping to see a cracking night match with us giving our all to edge closer to the play-offs.  Now I don't know what's going to happen or whether the players will be giving everything they have.  Please tell me we will win this game and the atmosphere will be good!

Can’t see it. Our lot appear to of downed tools and Birmingham are fighting for their lives. Narrow Away win I fear.

3 minutes ago, RedBrizzleRobin said:

Lose this and the knieves will be back out for Johnson from sections of the fans and start to be vocal again about it. Brought himself some credit in the first half of the season with alot of fans but not sure how much hes got left to spend.

You honesty think SL would sack Johnson after a top 10 finish and a semi final cup run... considering last year we nearly went down and lost 8 on the bounce!?

Fans wanted gone last year and SL didn't budge. No different this year.

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think our players have downed tools, it just isn’t happening and they’re bereft of confidence.

Hope there’ll be a feeling that they want to put right recent games.

I’m going to AG with optimism.

Yep, the loss of confidence has been very clear.  I think it all stemmed from losing to Bolton.  The defeat to a team in the bottom 4 seemed to suck the belief from the players.

But, as for tomorrow night, are you optimistic of a win?  Nobody else seems to hold much hope for 3 points at the moment! 

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think our players have downed tools, it just isn’t happening and they’re bereft of confidence.

Hope there’ll be a feeling that they want to put right recent games.

I’m going to AG with optimism.

I was completely with you up to the “with optimism” bit..

26 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Yep, the loss of confidence has been very clear.  I think it all stemmed from losing to Bolton.  The defeat to a team in the bottom 4 seemed to suck the belief from the players.

But, as for tomorrow night, are you optimistic of a win?  Nobody else seems to hold much hope for 3 points at the moment! 

Totally agree with you that it all stemmed from very poor performance at Bolton in a game we should have won. LJ dicked around putting Korey RB and moving Wright to CB, instead of just playing Mags in place of the suspended Baker and we really missed Korey's enterprise in CM that night. 

Anyway based on our last 3 performances we would currently struggle to beat Bath City let alone Birmingham, who as others have said need the points for  survival. Narrow away win is most likely I think.

I wonder why it's in so many peoples 'DNA' ;-) to seemingly enjoy wallowing in negativity?

The papers, media, news, talk in the pub, is full of it...negativity and bad news. It's almost like we are programmed to be like it.

This forum is at it's most active when it's not going well. People trying to find the reasons to make it better. They cover nearly every aspect of the football club.

When we were playing well and getting results, there were way less posts about why we were doing well and what had caused it.

It's a strange old  world.

I think we have to believe in ourselves and start out really positively if we are going to get anything. We tried that at Millwall but as soon as they scored,with pretty much the only time they had the ball, we just collapsed. An early goal by Brum could kill us, and like us this time last season they will fight for every point. 

But if we get a goal it could do our confidence a huge boost, we got to batter someone again soon as there should be a huge desire to restore some pride, points now are only token maybe. Even if we do score can we hang on, I think it’s going to be that sort of nervy match.

I don’t know why it all went so wrong, other eg Preston are having similar wobbles, whereas teams like Millwall have stormed with a late surge, and are consistent, a think we have lacked. I wouldn’t be at all confident about the playoff’s even if we just scraped in.

It’s been a long season and I’m sure some of the players are thinking about the beach, well one of their WAGS is from what I’m told about social media. Hard to chuck in the towel after a great first half of the season, but it looks like we’re done.

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

I wonder why it's in so many peoples 'DNA' ;-) to seemingly enjoy wallowing in negativity?

The papers, media, news, talk in the pub, is full of it...negativity and bad news. It's almost like we are programmed to be like it.

This forum is at it's most active when it's not going well. People trying to find the reasons to make it better. They cover nearly every aspect of the football club.

When we were playing well and getting results, there were way less posts about why we were doing well and what had caused it.

It's a strange old  world.

People do not wallow in negativity. It has always been the case that bad news is BIG NEWS. That will never change.

And when people are happy and content, it's unusual for that state of mind to be the subject of much discussion.

The OP asked for predictions about tomorrows result and most who have replied do not expect a positive result.

Negativity? No just being realistic!

Whilst our form and results have dipped...we are still only 4 points off a play off place with 5 games left.

If you had said that of the beginning of the season we would have snatched peoples hands off.

It's natural to feel disappointed...however...don't we all follow football to be entertained?

How entertaining is this season.

With five games to go, there are a whole multitude of outcomes, with many teams vying for the same spot as us, all playing against one another.

It's exciting to see what happens. the high's the low's...

It could be a whole lot more boring.

We still have a chance...we can be entertained by what's happening in the league, we've only lost 11 games in the league,  8th highest scorers in the league, have the 8th best goal difference and have been entertained for pretty much the majority of the season.

However...to many on here, we are absolutely dire and have a manager and whole club set up that doesn't work. After only 2 seasons up.

I can't imagine how this forum will be if we end up in this league for many years bobbing about in different positions.

Enjoy the ride and football, and remember it's not worth getting so annoyed about it all.

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

People do not wallow in negativity. It has always been the case that bad news is BIG NEWS. That will never change.

And when people are happy and content, it's unusual for that state of mind to be the subject of much discussion.

The OP asked for predictions about tomorrows result and most who have replied do not expect a positive result.

Negativity? No just being realistic!

Like I said....you've been programmed to except that thinking.

I fight it after realising that's how the world is being programmed to think.

Perhaps if the 'Big News' being spoken about was all positive and shown the good things happening, peoples general mindsets would be different.

Archived