IGNORED

Rovers or Yeovil?

Glarster Red

Hi all, First time póster.

As you can see im from Gloucester but  have followed City since I was a kid. 

As a kid I wanted to support a league club aswell as Gloucester city fc, My closest league club is Cheltenham but would never follow them due to rivalry and I basically can’t stand them so I opted for the next closest which was City,What would you do if City was to go under? ( never say never)Follow Rovers, Yeovil, local football....

I’d follow whatever Phoenix club rose from City’s ashes. 

Certainly wouldn’t sit in a tent every other Saturday surrounded by 8000 detestable cretins in blue and white quarters watching hoofball on a sandpit.

Fortunately though we arent the ones with bored, Chelsea supporting foreign owners who clearly dont want to put any proper money into the club, so I don’t think it’s something we need to worry about unlike the Sags.

4 hours ago, Glarster Red said:

As a kid I wanted to support a league club aswell as Gloucester city fc, My closest league club is Cheltenham but would never follow them due to rivalry and I basically can’t stand them so I opted for the next closest which was City,What would you do if City was to go under? ( never say never)Follow Rovers, Yeovil, local football....

You are the first person from Gloucester I've ever known refer to the old girl as 'Glarster'. See Juan's post below for the proper spelling. As for the question itself....a little bit of me thinks that this is a 'is it still half term' kind of thing going on here

2 hours ago, Juan Kerr said:

Being from Glawster, it would have to be the Tigers, even though I am exiled in Derbyshire. Can't say that I am enamoured with non league standard of football though (ergo, I detest the clampetts even more than previously)

Forest Green for me. Their owner, Dale Vince, is a bit of a crusty but I always enjoyed the pre-season friendlies there. I’ve also been on the odd occasion City wasn’t playing and enjoyed the atmosphere, though not sure about the veggie food. (I smuggled in a Clarks pie once, but don’t tell anyone)

48 minutes ago, nick jones of hereford said:

I considered this in 1982.  I felt (assuming there was no Phoenix) that I couldn’t follow any team..... there’d be a hole in my life.

Same here; there was never a thought of switching allegiance.

Yeovil here, after City. Feel the love for them.

Remember one non-City Saturday in the 80s (knocked out of the FA Cup in R1, prob) me & me brother going down the original Huish, slope & all. On the side, opp the tunnel, when two coppers did their slow-slow walk round the pitch the entire posse of boys (& gals) broke out into Laurel & Hardy whistling. Still cracks me up now, 30 years later. Cider-drinkin' brothers-in-(f)arms for me. Lookin' forward to revivin' the Cyder Cup some time soon.

(Pre-season friendly, obvs).

Plus, obvs.....

Yeove.jpg.570c50adaa8936722925b90876e4072d.jpg

There's not much choice is there!

I couldn't put up with swamp dwelling cretinous idiots in blue and white jester's uniforms.

Inbreds and roundabouts. I'd have to learn to not be toilet trained and not wash for a year.

I've always found Yeovil to be a bit full of themselves.

So it would have to be Cheltenham Town.

A lovely friendly club with good City connections.

13 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Plus, obvs.....

Yeove.jpg.570c50adaa8936722925b90876e4072d.jpg

Hahaha, I remember when they got massively shirty about that bloke and his sign before giving him a shit load of grief when they beat Wycombe and they thought they were safe :laughcont:

One week later he was proved right and they were made to look like a right bunch of absolute clowns :clap:

Happy days!

11 hours ago, Glarster Red said:

Ummm, isn't Rovers nearer to Glawster than City?

Anyway, I'd support Cardiff as I live in Forest of Dean so more or less in Wales and I like their manager.

Archived