IGNORED

Right back: Pisano or Wright

Red7

Despite the clamour for the return of Pisano at right back a few weeks back, I think we look more solid as team with Wright playing there. He did a damned good job there despite his limitations going forward. I don't know whether Pisano is fully fit or not, but he hasn't done it for me at all since his return.

Whilst Wright is limited going forward we certainly were a lot more stable at the back, so Wright for me.  Not sure what Pisano offers and if he's at full fitness then that's a massive worry, although why we never signed a right back in January is beyond me.

2 hours ago, Super said:

I'm not sure Pisano is actually that good.

What was he like in the 7 or 8 games he played at the start of the season? More assured and quicker than he is now? I only saw one of his early games, I think.

4 minutes ago, Red7 said:

What was he like in the 7 or 8 games he played at the start of the season? More assured and quicker than he is now? I only saw one of his early games, I think.

Wasn't that impressed at the start tbh. Seems to be the norm for this club plenty of good left backs but seem to struggle with the other side!

I thought Pisano looked excellent in his earlier games. Would still start him over Bailey Wright at RB even though EP has not been great. A young backup RB needed in the summer though, Brittain from MK Dons or James Justin from Luton would be ideal. Taylor Moore will never be good enough imho.

2 minutes ago, Enter Sandman said:

Defensively out of shape constantly

Yes, his positioning has been woeful at times these past few games. Although Wright stands off the attacker a bit more and doesn't venture forward as much, he looks pretty solid by comparison. I don't think having Brownhill at RM helps much, whoever plays RB.

9 minutes ago, Red7 said:

Yes, his positioning has been woeful at times these past few games. Although Wright stands off the attacker a bit more and doesn't venture forward as much, he looks pretty solid by comparison. I don't think having Brownhill at RM helps much, whoever plays RB.

I keep hearing lots of responsibility going on the wide midfielder. Wright coped perfectly well with Brownhill in front of him for most of the season. Pisano has struggled big time. It’s not Brownhill’s fault. 

Likewise on the other side. I hear so much nonsense about Bryan not getting protection from his left mid. I didn’t see Kelly getting out of shape, easily beaten and lack desire to get back when he played there.

Nothing to do with the wingers, our two first choice full backs are poor and need replacing urgently. 

Just now, Enter Sandman said:

I keep hearing lots of responsibility going on the wide midfielder. Wright coped perfectly well with Brownhill in front of him for most of the season. Pisano has struggled big time. It’s not Brownhill’s fault. 

Likewise on the other side. I hear so much nonsense about Bryan but getting protection from his left mid. I didn’t see Kelly getting out of shape, easily beaten and lack desire to get back when he played there.

Nothing to do with the wingers, our two first choice full backs are poor and need replacing urgently. 

Exactly- I don't fully agree on the fullbacks not being good enough, but during our golden period, when Brownhill played 5 games as a wide right midfielder, the result? 5 wins.

I prefer him in the centre, but I don't subscribe to a view that says he doesn't protect the full back.

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't fully agree on the fullbacks not being good enough, but during our golden period, when Brownhill played 5 games as a wide right midfielder, the result? 5 wins.

I think the fullbacks did a good job when we were playing well as a team. I would certainly be going with Kelly and Wright at the moment. Re the other issue, I may be in a minority, but I just don't see what Brownhill offers. And I haven't done all season, even when we were playing well and getting the wins.  

A fully fit and playing like he did at the start of the season Pisano would always be my preferred option - however I feel we lobbed him back in the side too soon as the 'natural' right back choice and I'd personally be a lot happier with Wright there at the moment.

Pisano has been losing the ball, giving away niggly fouls etc. - sorry to say he has not added anything to our performances at all since his return.

3 hours ago, Super said:

I'm not sure Pisano is actually that good. Def Wright for me.

Sadly I was at the New Den on Sat and he was absolutely shocking. Positionslly he was all over the place and an accident waiting to happen. Yes he’s physical but he’s dreadful in his distribution. Bailey-Wright has to come back in. 

He (piano) was lucky not to give pens away at Barnsley, nearly ripped the shirts off a couple of players. I actually prefer BW at right back to centre back. He's disciplined in the position and cos of his CB experience we look more solid at defending set plays. 

We need an experienced RB, play making midfielder, proven goal scorer and a new premier experienced keeper. Basically a new spine! 

I'd say get ready for departures and some low offers for our "star" players based on the last 3 months (except Bobby who is class above imo). 

6 hours ago, Red7 said:

Despite the clamour for the return of Pisano at right back a few weeks back, I think we look more solid as team with Wright playing there. He did a damned good job there despite his limitations going forward. I don't know whether Pisano is fully fit or not, but he hasn't done it for me at all since his return.

I'd like us to sign Yiadom from Barnsley in summer. Athletic right back. Not convinced with Pisano but in fairness he did have a bad injury. 

Pre-injury I thought he was great.  I haven’t really seen much of him (Brentford only) since his return and I don’t think he has a good game....who did though!!

On form I’d pick him over Wright every time.  If he hasn’t returned the player he was, then you’d pick Wright....unfortunately I think he’s either carrying a niggle hence the last 6-7 performances, or he’s lost form.

I would play Pisano tomorrow if I was playing a 4.

Is Hegeler fit?

Archived