IGNORED

The Rising Sun- up for sale?

Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Not necessarily, all about overall takings and profit. Our village cricket club only opens its bar weekends in the Summer and for the occasional event the rest of the time.

Bet it makes more profit over the year than most local pubs.

And I doubt it is paying the same rent as a pub.

• Admin
2 hours ago, JulieH said:

The good news is there is a new licensee in place ,not sure if it will be open in time for this Saturday but at least for the time being it will be re opening . 

44 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Their opening night is this Friday, so why wouldn’t it be open for Saturday..?

Was open last Friday night before the rugby

Fairly sure Enterprise etc will never sell a pub without taking/enforcing a Covent that it can’t be run as a pub again - just like they did with the wedlock’s. 

16 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Fairly sure Enterprise etc will never sell a pub without taking/enforcing a Covent that it can’t be run as a pub again - just like they did with the wedlock’s. 

That will always be the case. Absolutely. 

7 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Enterprise Ltd sound like the biggest shi&ehouses going as a conpany

They and every other pub company. A lot of what they do should be illegal, but it’s not - so they ensure their profits are maximised and don’t give a toss about each individual licensee. Once one goes out of business, they know there will be someone else who thinks that they can run a pub, then another, and another! The pub co’s just let them do it, cripple them on the terms and make sure they get what they can out of each one. 

Isn't that just a part of the modern economy though?

Sounds trite, and it sounds like you had a bad time with them for which I sympathise, but when I see the churn of people at a variety of places I worked at recently, little surprises me now. End of the day, businesses don't tend to view much responsibility to an employee beyond wages and any other financial obligations, e.g. auto-enrolment- like I say a part of capitalism, in the sense of maximise profits and bugger all else.

The bit that should I think be reformed though is the exclusivity of having to purchase alcohol through the pubco- can't see how that's legit.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Isn't that just a part of the modern economy though?

Sounds trite, and it sounds like you had a bad time with them for which I sympathise, but when I see the churn of people at a variety of places I worked at recently, little surprises me now. End of the day, businesses don't tend to view much responsibility to an employee beyond wages and any other financial obligations, e.g. auto-enrolment- like I say a part of capitalism, in the sense of maximise profits and bugger all else.

The bit that should I think be reformed though is the exclusivity of having to purchase alcohol through the pubco- can't see how that's legit.

The pub co’s don’t employ landlords. Landlords pay them rent to run their pubs. It’s the landlord that then has to staff it, stock it, maintain it and are tied into buying their beer through the pub co, at their hugely inflated prices, with no way around it. 

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

The pub co’s don’t employ landlords. Landlords pay them rent to run their pubs. It’s the landlord that then has to staff it, stock it, maintain it and are tied into buying their beer through the pub co, at their hugely inflated prices, with no way around it. 

Thanks for clarifying that bit, though I broadly get the concept.

My main point was it's just part of the modern economy- profits at all costs.

Pubcos sound fairly scuzzy I certainly would concur. Just how it is though, in much of the economy at large.

Don't get though the landlord is obliged to buy all beer through the pubco. Competition laws? Monopoly laws?

31 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thanks for clarifying that bit, though I broadly get the concept.

My main point was it's just part of the modern economy- profits at all costs.

Pubcos sound fairly scuzzy I certainly would concur. Just how it is though, in much of the economy at large.

Don't get though the landlord is obliged to buy all beer through the pubco. Competition laws? Monopoly laws?

I know - you’d think it was illegal, but it’s in the contract and it’s just how it is. 

If it were ever to be changed, then I guess they’d just lump a massive increase on the rent to compensate for it. 

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 13:12, Bar BS3 said:

And pay inflated ingoings

Archived