IGNORED

Dean Holden interview pre Brum

Robbored

20 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

According to the heatmaps, this would be a novelty, both for us and for the top two divisions as a whole.

Back to proper football. None of this high press, tip tappy garbage that we've been indoctrinated into.

Yay! Bring on the rapid turnover of possession and too open formation that may see us consistently hit on the break.

However, we have nothing to lose now so why not try at least.

If though it was 4-3-3 with the 2 wingers, and a striker in the middle and a 3 man midfield...that could really work.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Several cynical piss takers already replying on this thread...................:rofl2br:

I hope it turns out to-look cynical in that we get a result or at least a performance but I can honestly say I have never been so pessimistic about our chances - I feel a defeat or a 0-0 draw are the only likely outcomes - sucks ass to be honest.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

On the OS but says they're aware of not creating enough chances and although the team isn't picked yet the plan is to get more crosses into the box.....

That'll probably mean CoD, Bryan and Kelly maybe with Djuric starting.

No point in listening to those interviews. Full of rubbish as always. Talk is cheap. Results are what matter on the pitch. 

1 minute ago, redysteadygo said:

Worrying thing is in the 5th paragraph Holden states "after words were said after the game the lads have come in and trained properly". 

Properly!  Well what the hell have they been doing before then?

Clearly not practising shooting!! 

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Right, we'll be playing 4 - 4 FACKING TWO. Get it in the mixer for that big Bosnian bastard to poke in.

If you can keep your head when all about you  
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;  
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, 
But make allowance for their doubting too;  
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,  
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,  
Or, being hated, don't give way to hating,  
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;  

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;  
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;  
If you can meet with triumph and disaster  
And treat those two imposters just the same;  
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken  
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,  
Or watch the things you gave your life to broken, 
And stoop and build 'em up with wornout tools;  

If you can make one heap of all your winnings  
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,  
And lose, and start again at your beginnings  
And never breath a word about your loss;  
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew  
To serve your turn long after they are gone,  
And so hold on when there is nothing in you  
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on";  

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,  
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch; 
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;  
If all men count with you, but none too much;  
If you can fill the unforgiving minute  
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -  
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,  
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!

The last time we beat Brum was twenty five years ago! 

Tonight is a nailed on, cast iron certainty for another three points for the Blue noses. 

Why am I going to the game? Because it's my turn to drive, car share, and I cannot stomach another evening of the crap TV that my better half watches. 

If I'm wrong about the result, feel free to have a go at me for being so pessimistic/realistic. 

On 08/04/2018 at 12:31, tinman85 said:

We haven't been as good as people think this season. We've scraped results. List the games where we have actually played outstanding football. The Sheff U win away we should have been 3 or 4 down at HT. rode our luck in that spell. Even v Forest and Reading at home. Last season I felt we played better at times during the losing run than we have since Jan. 

16 hours ago, tinman85 said:

No point in listening to those interviews. Full of rubbish as always. Talk is cheap. Results are what matter on the pitch. 

Results are what matter eh? :whistle:

25 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

The last time we beat Brum was twenty five years ago! 

Tonight is a nailed on, cast iron certainty for another three points for the Blue noses. 

Why am I going to the game? Because it's my turn to drive, car share, and I cannot stomach another evening of the crap TV that my better half watches. 

If I'm wrong about the result, feel free to have a go at me for being so pessimistic/realistic. 

So we've had no luck there since Barry Fry had a piss in each corner of Brums pitch to ward off a gypsy curse?

Right then, our dramatic loss of form since the arse end of last year is spookily unexplainable, despite many theories non of them appear really convincing .... So is it beyond the realms of a box of Black Magic chocolates that we have fallen victim to some kind of curse?

The solution to our current situation could lie in the pages of Barry Fry's Book of Witchcraft.....

We need to get Luke Ayling and his horseracing buddies back down the gate asap... An afternoon on the piss at Ashton Gate with the boghouse doors locked should do the trick... 

COYR's give it a try ...what have we got to lose? 

Anyone else got any better ideas?  ...

(nb: sorry, suggestions from anyone by the name of Ivor cannot be accepted)

20 hours ago, DaveInSA said:

Back to proper football. None of this high press, tip tappy garbage that we've been indoctrinated into.

I've tried, it's kept me up all night but no, you've got me. Why is winning the ball back high up the pitch a bad thing?

We might not be good at it at the moment, but that doesn't make the tactic wrong.

1 hour ago, Robin1988 said:

I've tried, it's kept me up all night but no, you've got me. Why is winning the ball back high up the pitch a bad thing?

We might not be good at it at the moment, but that doesn't make the tactic wrong.

Bit of tongue in cheek mate. We need to be able to shift our game if plan A isn't working. Apparently, we don't even have a plan A at the moment :-)...

23 hours ago, Robbored said:

On the OS but says they're aware of not creating enough chances and although the team isn't picked yet the plan is to get more crosses into the box.....

That'll probably mean CoD, Bryan and Kelly maybe with Djuric starting.

Devine Intervention then or Spot The Ball?

Surely Elliasson and Kelly if we are talking crosses into the box?

Archived