IGNORED

U23's success

JBFC II

22 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Another win for the u23's tonight away at Forest Green.

3-0 victory to put them into the Gloucestershire Cup Final.

Freddie Hinds went off after 20 minutes with an injury though, hopefully nothing too serious

Was it an injury ?

He was only down to play for 30min's.

also Taylor was hoping for a run out but obviously still injured ?

I was there watching this tonight as it is only five miles from home.

.The young lads played some really nice football tonight which was a tonic for me after witnessing Brentford and Millwall recently.

Some lads that caught my eye were Tyreeq Bakinson who is big and strong in centre midfield. Captain Harvey Smith at centre half who looks a tough boy and Rory Holden who is very comfortable in midfield.

Marcus Day was also full of running and deserved to be clapped off when replaced late on.

Goal keeper JoJo Wollacott  made two fine saves a header in the first two minutes low down and a one in one late on.

An enjoyable evening for £3.

Names given above come from a photo copied team sheet so I hope they were correct.

OK, so current U-23 team hasn't had great results, BUT you could make up a whole team of U-23s currently in the first team squad or on loan, so it could be argued that our current side is our RESERVE U-23 team?

O'Leary

Brownhill     Moore    Vyner     Kelly

O'Dowda    Walsh     Morrell     Eliasson

Engvall         Edwards / Lemonheigh Evans

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

League table would suggest otherwise; City are bottom with 4 wins from 24 games.

I’m sure Bristol Flyers are not near the top either but all are playing well from what I see and read.

I did say performing. Results hopefully turn round if you are doing the right things - the first team has not reached that requirement since xmas so will not get results in this league.

City women are the same - really gritty performances with good play but results not going there way due to the quality of the opposition.

Archived