IGNORED

Travel Advice

BcfcAllen

I’m currently on a works course for a few weeks and so am staying in Bristol with a colleague. My usual partner in crime can’t attend tomorrow night and so my workmate is coming along to the game instead. He’s a Plymouth fan so wants to get a taste of what he could be in store for next season.

I usually travel up from home to all the games but this time will need to travel from our accommodation (we don’t have any vehicles in Bristol with us) and so are after advice for alternative methods of travel?

We’re staying about 5-10 mins walk from Temple Meads Station and are prepared to walk it to the gate and back however, with rain forecast for tomorrow evening, any other options would be welcomed. Am i right in thinking there are buses put on that run from Temple Meads to the ground and back?

Cheers,

Jake

Okay here my thoughts

If your that close to Temple meads try the one way trip to Parson Street at 17:55pm

journey time to Parson street is six minutes

you won't beat that journey time on bus services 75 and 76

Then walk the rest of the way

I think the rain is not due till later

No return services

return journey get the A bus from outside the retail mark by the ford dealership

That will take you back to Temple meads

9 hours ago, BcfcAllen said:

I’m currently on a works course for a few weeks and so am staying in Bristol with a colleague. My usual partner in crime can’t attend tomorrow night and so my workmate is coming along to the game instead. He’s a Plymouth fan so wants to get a taste of what he could be in store for next season.

I usually travel up from home to all the games but this time will need to travel from our accommodation (we don’t have any vehicles in Bristol with us) and so are after advice for alternative methods of travel?

We’re staying about 5-10 mins walk from Temple Meads Station and are prepared to walk it to the gate and back however, with rain forecast for tomorrow evening, any other options would be welcomed. Am i right in thinking there are buses put on that run from Temple Meads to the ground and back?

Cheers,

Jake

There's the ABus. I get this. They usually run 3 buses (possibly 2 as it's an evening ko). £2 for a single journey. They leave across the road from KFC. Leave the ground via the South Stand exit, past the John Atyeo statue, and then cross the busy road. Abus buses are a bit of a hotchpotch of buses: they usually put on 2 Abuses (the redish/browny ones) and then there's sometimes an ASDA bus. They all go to Brislington and stop at Temple Meads. Once it gets past the traffic near the stadium, it's fairly quick. 

10 hours ago, BcfcAllen said:

Cheers,

Jake

https://twitter.com/bcfctweets/status/983298484756500482

41 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Okay here my thoughts

If your that close to Temple meads try the one way trip to Parson Street at 17:55pm

journey time to Parson street is six minutes

you won't beat that journey time on bus services 75 and 76

Then walk the rest of the way

I think the rain is not due till later

No return services

return journey get the A bus from outside the retail mark by the ford dealership

That will take you back to Temple meads

Well done John,

• Admin
10 hours ago, BcfcAllen said:

Cheers,

Jake

@BcfcAllen To me it really all depends on where about you want to end up before the game - if for example you want to drink in the Three Lions / The Luckwell and then walk down to the ground, as @Never to the dark side mentions above is the best way to go. But if you want to be the other end of the ground - around the Rising Sun / Coopers etc then you are better off catching the number 24 bus from Redcliffe Way and getting off by the Coopers pub - you can always walk back up North Street from here too.

Oddly the bus stop isn't shown on this map, but it is straight opposite the one showing on the other side of the road opposite Guinea Street

image.png

Getting back the aBus service is the easiest option but again depending on where you want to go after the game is whether to use the bus or train back to the centre 

Archived