IGNORED

Time for " Plan B "

barneyrubble

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

by my reckoning it’s Plan E  (Allowing for a few minor amendments along the way )

A Busy bees / high press

B Chuck Flint up top and launch it ( Later Duric) (Less effective than A)

C 4-4-2 with Famara and Bobby Reid up front with Bobby ending up in midfield

C Chuck Diony Famara and Duric on together and launch it (Less effective than A or B)

D tba 

Is a shame really, because with the range of players, in terms of type and versatility, we now have, those Plans B, C and the other one you also listed C with Diony, Famara and Djuric up top to launch- we should have been able to do better than that...

Maybe Plan E will be what Plan B should have been.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is a shame really, because with the range of players, in terms of type and versatility, we now have, those Plans B, C and the other one you also listed C with Diony, Famara and Djuric up top to launch- we should have been able to do better than that...

Maybe Plan E will be what Plan B should have been.

Ironically , and many will disagree I’m sure but after A The best worked on plan with some signs of fruition was actually IMHO B - Using Flint !!!!!!   who at least worked hard getting to and fro across the pitch to be constantly available for a long diagonal cross / ball

C has been dissapointing (IMHO) (Not sure FD and BR link up at all well)

And D is what people do on a Sunday Morning

3 hours ago, hodge said:

How about 5-5 and just play long ball taking out the need for a midfield, with 5 defenders we don't need the defensive side of them either ;)

Well I suppose it is better than the 9-0-1 (or even 10-0-0) we've seen on many occasions over the years :)

26 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ironically , and many will disagree I’m sure but after A The best worked on plan with some signs of fruition was actually IMHO B - Using Flint !!!!!!   who at least worked hard getting to and fro across the pitch to be constantly available for a long diagonal cross / ball

Tend to agree with that. Flint as a Plan B did a job- we saw it at QPR away.

Thing is for me though, good range of central midfielders, good set of centre backs- could even though we have a lack of right sided midfielders/full backs- look at something like O'Dowda and Bryan as wing backs.

My point I guess, is a better, more constructive use of a Plan C or above certainly might have been a 4-3-3, or a 3-5-2/3-4-1-2 hybrid.It shows a distinct lack of imagination and even effectiveness to just stick 3 up front and launch IMO.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tend to agree with that. Flint as a Plan B did a job- we saw it at QPR away.

Thing is for me though, good range of central midfielders, good set of centre backs- could even though we have a lack of right sided midfielders/full backs- look at something like O'Dowda and Bryan as wing backs.

My point I guess, is a better, more constructive use of a Plan C or above certainly might have been a 4-3-3, or a 3-5-2/3-4-1-2 hybrid.It shows a distinct lack of imagination and even effectiveness to just stick 3 up front and launch IMO.

Despite another awful performance Saturday I’d be tempted not to make too many changes -  bring in NE for JP and try wither NE or preferably COD as a 10 behind Bobby

Or Kelly LB , JB LM       COD as  10

With the space he could find running from that 10 hole -  just wonder if COD could be a handful there

44 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Against (poor) Wednesday Fielding played the ball frequently into the CB's. The team then linked up with the two playing well of each other. There is a difference there to lamping it.

2 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Against (poor) Wednesday Fielding played the ball frequently into the CB's. The team then linked up with the two playing well of each other. There is a different there to lamping it.

Fair point but They gave us acres of room tho Cowshed

No closing down even in their own third , and the spaces between their lines was incredible - talk about help yourself

(And We did first half to be fair) 

12 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Despite another awful performance Saturday I’d be tempted not to make too many changes -  bring in NE for JP and try wither NE or preferably COD as a 10 behind Bobby

Or Kelly LB , JB LM       COD as  10

With the space he could find running from that 10 hole -  just wonder if COD could be a handful there

He might well be- and Reid tends to need a 10 behind him I think- not strictly but it helps.

My instinct was to try Walsh in that role, because he can play as an attacking midfielder, but this could be worth a go tonight.- COD behind  that is. My only reservation with that is- and I'm not knocking his defensive side  at all- would he come back deeper into the midfield in defensive phases as happens with a 4-4-1-1 at its best?

Anything though has to be better than Plan D, and indeed much has to be better than Plan C. Like the Kelly at LB with Bryan as LM too.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He might well be- and Reid tends to need a 10 behind him I think- not strictly but it helps.

My instinct was to try Walsh in that role, because he can play as an attacking midfielder, but this could be worth a go tonight.- COD behind  that is. My only reservation with that is- and I'm not knocking his defensive side  at all- would he come back deeper into the midfield in defensive phases as happens with a 4-4-1-1 at its best?

Anything though has to be better than Plan D, and indeed much has to be better than Plan C. Like the Kelly at LB with Bryan as LM too.

Maybe it’s not the time to experiment 

But - Just a ‘hunch’ he could do well there , even if only as a future option

Doesn’t have some of the sublime skills JP can produce but  Can pass a ball , runs well with the ball , and can go either way which would help open it up for him centrally 

I personally think we should go 4-1-3-2

Fielding

Wright - Flint - Baker - Kelly(although it will be bryan)

Smith

Brownhill - Pack - Odowda

Reid - Duric

at least give it ago and let them worry about us, never know we might actually get a shot on target!

8 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Let's go with an old school 1920s style 2-3-5 formation.

Fielding

Flint Baker

Pisano Wright Bryan

Reid Diedhiou Diony Taylor Woodrow

Birmingham won't know what hit them and will have no idea how to play. Problem is, neither will we.

I wouldnt mind that, but 3 if those strikers really arent very good.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Maybe it’s not the time to experiment 

But - Just a ‘hunch’ he could do well there , even if only as a future option

Doesn’t have some of the sublime skills JP can produce but  Can pass a ball , runs well with the ball , and can go either way which would help open it up for him centrally 

It probably isn't time yet to experiment.

Yeah, he could open up space for sure. Certainly he can go either way, would be an interesting experiment for sure.

What it definitely reinforces for me, is that we do have options and have done all season that would allow good other plans, yet LJ just hasn't been capable of utilising them correctly.

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Fair point but They gave us acres of room tho Cowshed

No closing down even in their own third , and the spaces between their lines was incredible - talk about help yourself

(And We did first half to be fair) 

Intent.

The intent of the team was to build and pass it.

The intent the previous week was not to. It was not due to Cardiff preventing City playing out. Fielding when he had the opportunity did not as instructed.

Two games a week apart with differing intent and focus.

Looking at Bristol Citys midfield options the intent should be to pass, move, play short .. That is what the club have developed and recruited.

Instead Mr Johnson is trying to marry that with the club footed. 

Your earlier post regarding busy (passing) bees is succinct. That is City, or was until with what have been mainly crap consequences Mr Johnson decided to alter that intent months ago. 

There is no way in the world the team can be properly prepared each week physically, tactically, technically and mentally when Mr Johnson is attempting to be your A - D game to game. Other teams (good ) know what they are and train to play liked they are week to week to month ...

11 hours ago, Robbored said:

We'll see something different tonight as Deano said in his interview that City haven't been creating many chances in recent games.So more crosses and that'll mean Djuric up top and CoD out wide and Bryan getting forward more. We may even see Kelly at LB with JB in front of him,

Team selection will be interesting tonight fir sure.

Let's go bronze age football. Two donkeys up front to dump it long on. Not going to watch the shit.

Archived