IGNORED

Did not realise it was that bad!

coxyboy

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Agreed - you can pinpoint several of these moments in the season. Sliding door moments, that’s why I talk a lot about momentum. Hard to find and harder to keep.

I’m not trying to brush over things or ignore problems. We clearly have issues and problems that need to be dealt with and areas to be improved on.

But it’s the blame culture that frustrates me. We need to have an excuse or reason for everything, then apportion blame and dish out discipline.

The only reason I compare us to other teams is because ultimately our success is based upon the competition -  so it is important to measure ourselves relative to that.

:facepalm:

the attitude of the players changed after cup run . Started to believe the hype that sky lavished on them every week we were on . Was noticeable watching the Bolton match a few looked like they were billy b*****ks. The results started to suffer down here from there.Could see lj trying to deal with our "superstars" and not getting the response he would of got before the cup run. Think then once a bad run starts gets hard to turn it around

1 minute ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

This has always intrigued me as a phrase. Would you mind explaining why we deserve better? 

Our highest crowds for decades.. the fans are doing their bit?

I would rather go shopping with the girlfriend than watch the shit that’s being served up at present, there’s ******* no excuse for how poor it is.. I’m sick of the ******* excuses from the majority on here!!

3 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

I would rather go shopping with the girlfriend than watch the shit that’s being served up at present, there’s ******* no excuse for how poor it is.. I’m sick of the ******* excuses from the majority on here!!

Calm down mate.

Take your own advice and go shopping with the Mrs then!

Just now, Alessandro said:

Calm down mate.

Take your own advice and go shopping with the Mrs then!

You might find this ridiculous but after the Brentford game I posted my 3 season tickets into a postbox in a rage (Silly moment admittedly).. I only got a phone call from the club on the Tuesday saying they had found my tickets and were posting them back to me :facepalm:.. There’s simply no escape!!

2 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

You might find this ridiculous but after the Brentford game I posted my 3 season tickets into a postbox in a rage (Silly moment admittedly).. I only got a phone call from the club on the Tuesday saying they had found my tickets and were posting them back to me :facepalm:.. There’s simply no escape!!

I nailed mine to a tree but some bugger nicked my nails 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

LOL - Was walking behind you when you did this @KeepUpLino- glad you got them back, we can suffer all over again tonight

Will be in BS3 from 4pm tonight to start the numbing process

8 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

But why do we deserve better than say fans of Preston? Do all fans of teams in bad form deserve better? 

10 minutes ago, pjg11 said:

the attitude of the players changed after cup run . Started to believe the hype that sky lavished on them every week we were on . Was noticeable watching the Bolton match a few looked like they were billy b*****ks. The results started to suffer down here from there.Could see lj trying to deal with our "superstars" and not getting the response he would of got before the cup run. Think then once a bad run starts gets hard to turn it around

Think one could equally argue that all the (richly deserved at the time) plaudits for LJ following the cup run perhaps went to his head and he started to play "master tactician" - like dicking around moving Wright to CB and Korey to RB against Bolton, instead of simply bringing Mags in as straight swap for the suspended Baker and that was just the start of his dicking around and lamentable use of subs etc.

57 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

I totally agree, such a poor show this year and not the for first time.. I blame our fans for excepting mediocrity over and over again being the reason why this club never progresses, after all we’re just poor old Bristol City, everyone’s bigger than us bla bla bla...

Boring as ****!!

Too many fans accept mediocrity at Ashton Gate. 

33 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

I presume they put a stamp on the envelope.. would have been insult to injury if you had to cop for excess postage:grr:

• Admin
2 hours ago, Kingswood Robin said:

The players seem to be already twisting by the pool.

They're certainly twisting my melon man.

Let’s hope someone inspires this chorus tonight......

He got the action, he got the motion
Oh yeah, the boy can play
Dedication, devotion

It definitely isn’t just a manager, player or board fault in isolation. 

It was just as much a combined effort to have a terrific start and put us in a great position as it is now in this really poor run. 

Tactically we’ve been poor, but even if you set up wrong it doesn’t excuse not being able to make a 10yd pass and just giving it straight back to the opposition. 

Thankfully the effort put in at the start has left us with an outside chance still. It just feels very unlikely as the last couple of games have been really bad and teams around us have given us ample opportunity to cement a play off spot. 

5 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Derby - 1 more win than us in that period.

Preston - 2 more wins than us in that period.

Sheff Utd - 2 more wins than us in that period.

Question - people think Johnson should be judged on this poor run, and sacked because of it, rather than the balance of the whole season.

Same for these three teams, all within a few places of us in the top 10, Rowett, Neil and Wilder all for the sack then?

A balanced and reasoned argument.

You should know by now thay su h a thing is completely unsuitable for this forum.

7 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Our league form since January reads like a Welsh mining village.

Shocking.

I went there. The sun was shining to start with, but quickly turned to dismal grey skies and never ending rain. Nobody could halt the mudslide.

10 hours ago, phantom said:

I was going to say exactly the same thing @coxyboy people keep writing things about people wanting LJ to be sacked on here, but people AREN'T actually saying that...                                                     

No offence to @Alessandro but I couldn't give a toss what other teams have done in the comparable period, all I know is that at the turn of the year we were flying in second place - unless we get something out of our next two games from that position we have thrown it away!!

Who is to say we will ever be in this great position again. . . 

I'm going to back Alessandro up - maybe not on this thread (he didn't actually say "on this thread") but there are a small number of people who have been calling for him to go since Brentford. But some nonetheless.

10 hours ago, lenred said:

By a very very very small percentage as far as I can see.

As demonstrated by the amount of wheelchairs appearing on forum posts - do we have that many disabled fans?

seriously it hinges on who is to blame for the slump in performance, if it’s the players then they are not being managed properly, if is the management then they are not being managed properly so how can you argue with posts saying LJ has to go? Perhaps because he is the head coach and not the manager........

shit that don’t help if it’s not the fault of the head coach then.    ?      !      ?  I don’t f****** know!

16 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Derby - 1 more win than us in that period.

Preston - 2 more wins than us in that period.

Sheff Utd - 2 more wins than us in that period.

Question - people think Johnson should be judged on this poor run, and sacked because of it, rather than the balance of the whole season.

Same for these three teams, all within a few places of us in the top 10, Rowett, Neil and Wilder all for the sack then?

But, but "any other manager would be sacked if they went on that kind of run"

It must be true, OTIB said so.

Archived