IGNORED

The Bristol City v Birmingham City Match Day Thread 42

We've been awful recently. I get it. Brentford was one of the worst performances I have ever seen from a professional sports team. I don't understand what has gone wrong.

And yet... We are still in this. Inexplicably, maybe, but we are still in this. Won tonight with Boro and Millwall both having tough games and things could look very different. It may be unlikely, but it's still on.

People say that the players have checked out. I don't buy that. Something's clearly wrong but I can't  accept that they don't fancy being promoted. 

But we've got a role to play tonight. We need an atmosphere that shows the players that we're still up for this, that we haven't written this season off and that we're still with them. Who knows when the chance (even though it's an outside one) will come again.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’m going to leave the answer to Big Tone 

:whistle:

- he will know 

Thanks Bob, hope this helps:

Evaporated Milk

• The raw milk is transported from the dairy farm to the plant in refrigerated tank trucks. At the plant, the milk is tested for odor, taste, bacteria, sediment, and the composition of milk protein and milk fat. The composition of protein and fat is measured by passing the milk under highly sensitive infrared lights.
  • The milk is piped through filters and into the pasteurizers. Here, the milk is quickly heated in one of two ways. The High Temperature Short Time method (HTST) subjects the milk to temperatures of 161 °F (71.6°C) for 15 seconds. The Ultra High Temperature (UHT) method heats the milk to 280°F (138°C) for two seconds.

Both methods increase the milk's stability, decrease the chance of coagulation during storage, and decrease the bacteria level.

• The warm milk is piped to an evaporator. Through the process of vacuum evaporation, (exposing a liquid to a pressure lower than atmospheric pressure) the boiling point of the milk is lowered to 104-113°F (40-45°C). As a result, the milk is concentrated to 30-40% solids. Also, the milk has little or no cooked flavour.

A diagram showing the manufacturing steps involved in making condensed milk.

• The milk is then homogenized by forcing it under high pressure through tiny holes. This breaks down the fat globules into minute particles, improving its color and stability.
  • Pre-measured amounts of a stabilizing salt, such as potassium phosphate, are added to the milk to make it smooth and creamy. This stabilization causes the milk to turn a pale tan.
  • The milk is passed under a series of ultraviolet lights to fortify it with Vitamin D.
  • The milk is piped into pre-sterilized cans that are vacuum-sealed.

• Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Evaporated Milk

• The raw milk is transported from the dairy farm to the plant in refrigerated tank trucks. At the plant, the milk is tested for odor, taste, bacteria, sediment, and the composition of milk protein and milk fat. The composition of protein and fat is measured by passing the milk under highly sensitive infrared lights.
  • The milk is piped through filters and into the pasteurizers. Here, the milk is quickly heated in one of two ways. The High Temperature Short Time method (HTST) subjects the milk to temperatures of 161 °F (71.6°C) for 15 seconds. The Ultra High Temperature (UHT) method heats the milk to 280°F (138°C) for two seconds.

Both methods increase the milk's stability, decrease the chance of coagulation during storage, and decrease the bacteria level.

• The warm milk is piped to an evaporator. Through the process of vacuum evaporation, (exposing a liquid to a pressure lower than atmospheric pressure) the boiling point of the milk is lowered to 104-113°F (40-45°C). As a result, the milk is concentrated to 30-40% solids. Also, the milk has little or no cooked flavour.

• The milk is then homogenized by forcing it under high pressure through tiny holes. This breaks down the fat globules into minute particles, improving its color and stability.
  • Pre-measured amounts of a stabilizing salt, such as potassium phosphate, are added to the milk to make it smooth and creamy. This stabilization causes the milk to turn a pale tan.
  • The milk is passed under a series of ultraviolet lights to fortify it with Vitamin D.

What ever happened to, milk a cow -> drink the milk.

Worlds gone bloody mad in pursuit of money.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Swede said:

We need to be up for it and be ready for a battle. We really need to take the game to them.

if we can score early and dictate the play then we have a chance.

The longer the match goes at 0:0 the more chance they have of nicking the win.

What on earth has this got to do with milk?

• Like 1

Sorry to skip the milky thing but......COYR.

A possible vital 3 Championship points available tonight and who knows what the rest of the season may hold.

I was convinced we'd be relegated a couple of seasons ago and we miraculously stayed up, anything can happen in football. Just like us beating Manchester Utd, who'd have thunk it?

My positivity may be misplaced but I really want City to win tonight so come on ladies, save the doom and gloom for later if we don't perform.

We may win 3 nil.

Up The City

7 minutes ago, freezer said:

Sorry to skip the milky thing but......COYR.

A possible vital 3 Championship points available tonight and who knows what the rest of the season may hold.

I was convinced we'd be relegated a couple of seasons ago and we miraculously stayed up, anything can happen in football. Just like us beating Manchester Utd, who'd have thunk it?

My positivity may be misplaced but I really want City to win tonight so come on ladies, save the doom and gloom for later if we don't perform.

We may win 3 nil.

Up The City

I agree mate, let's be serious for a second. We DID beat Man U to get into the semi final of the Carabao cup (once known as the Milk cup) We'll stuff them tonight...COYR. :chant6ez:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Fjmcity said:

it feels like a millions years ago, and may be a contributing factor to our downturn, but watch this and remember how good following football can be..

What comes first, decent results or support? Who knows, but all our attitudes to our current situation are fairly poor and it’s amazing how football can do this to you.

Fans packing the new den, Millwall riding on the cusp of a wave towards the playoffs, Bristol city with pretty much the same points but wishing away their lives annoyed that we should have more points, and should be in the playoffs rather than concentrating on trying to get into them. Funny old game

You know that feeling One Hit Wonders get when people keep reminding them of their one chart success?

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

Evaporated Milk

Oh yummy.