IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly

GrahamC

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No one else mentioned it I don’t think but

What about that long throw that Bobby headed against bar from

Wow !!!!

Wouod like  to see it again but outdid Hordurs throws for me -flatter and caught everyone out

He seems to run in on a diagonal and then twist his back.

Looks uncomfortable, but also looks effective. Just hope his training accommodates that technique.

55 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

If he’s to play LB, he’ll need to offer more going forward. If he’s to play CB, obviously that won’t be a problem. 

Very assured defender but he did not put enough pressure on their flank. Baker refused to pass to him and sent it long every time rather than lay it to Kelly. They started to work this out and put pressure on us down that side. Lovely crosser of the ball but need to not be so predictable with the ball. I am sure he will improve on this.

32 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No one else mentioned it yet ,  I don’t think , but

What about that long throw that Bobby headed against bar from

Wow !!!! :clapping:

Wouod like  to see it again but outdid Hordurs throws for me -flatter and caught everyone out

I've never seen a long throw with swerve and dip before. Mental. Like a swirling Jonny Wilkinson kick.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Looked like he had played 100Championship games , not a couple

Tremendous  composure , calmness and a lot of ‘footballing common sense’ / good decisions through the game

Excellent performance 

Take a bow Lloyd

What a thought. Don't what you think about Mags?

Kelly, Vyner mags in our back four with a Flint  or Baker excites. A footballing back four. players than can carry a ball something that Johnson wants. bryan up the pitch (should he be still with us) UM i'm getting carried away!!!!!

37 minutes ago, EmersonsKev said:

The lad has so so much time on the ball. doesn't mind mixing it.  Had a good battle with Jukewiscz (sp) and didn't look out of place.

I've been watching him for the last 3/4 years in the ressies and he's just getting better and better. 

if he can keep his head right he's going to have a big future!

Won more headers against Jutkiewicz than Baker did!!  Probably not true, due to volume aimed at Baker, but percentage wise I reckon he won more.

2 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Kelly, Vyner mags in our back four with a Flint  or Baker excites. A footballing back four. players than can carry a ball something that Johnson wants. bryan up the pitch (should he be still with us) UM i'm getting carried away!!!!!

Not a massive rater of Mags tbh Kibs (like him and his arpttitude but not sure that he will force himself in as a starter here)

Plenty are and I wasn’t a Marlon Pack fan for a long time so may be well off

Sure he has a balance type (Slight) flaw where he constantly appears to need to ‘reset’ his feet at times , whereas when you watch Kelly his movement is so much more balanced and natural which is a massive advantage

8 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

He seems to run in on a diagonal and then twist his back.

An AMAZING throw, with a unique run up. I don't think the run was just diagonal, it was also curling, like a high jumper. It obviously works brilliantly but I don't understand why... Is it just because he needs more room to get up speed than is available with a straight run?

8 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

Decent long throw too from last night. Was abysmal on his debut at QPR and not the finished article at all but better than most thought. 

Lloyd is top quality and with all the right attributes to go all the way in his career. 

I would think that there are a number of our biggest clubs who are already putting a very large sum of money to pay for his transfer fee. I just hope we can keep him for a while yet. 

At present and with an unhindered, injury free development, he will be a full international within three to four years. 

PS. His only mistake last night was the cross in first half that ended up in row 25 of the Atyeo. 

11 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

If he’s to play LB, he’ll need to offer more going forward. If he’s to play CB, obviously that won’t be a problem. 

Except he probably whipped in the cross of the season, an absolute beaut, and yet neither lamp post we had up front got anywhere near it.

2 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

A question.......

Is he young enough that a Prem Club could come in and take him for absolute peanuts via a tribunal?

If this is the case then I can understand why LJ doesn’t want to give him to much exposure.

Only if he’s out of contract , and even then , as long as we’ve offered him a contract of ? at least same ? terms .(Might get corrected in this) then we’d get composenation for him as he’s under 24

Not sure what / how long his current contract is but he comes across as a very level headed sensible lad and thus I’d be offering a 3 or 4 year contract 

Dangerous as doing so can spoil young players with too much too soon , but what I see and hear of Lloyd I don’t think it would affect him in any negative way 

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Only if he’s out of contract , and even then , as long as we’ve offered him a contract of ? at least same ? terms .(Might get corrected in this) then we’d get composenation for him as he’s under 24

Thanks Bob.

I wasn’t sure how things work with young players, but I do know that there has been legal theft of promising players at lower level clubs by the elite corporate entertainment franchises of the Premier League in the past.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

At present and with an unhindered, injury free development, he will be a full international within three to four years. 

Far too early to start calling things like that IMO. He looks a good prospect obviously, very assured on the ball and his decision making looks to be on point but theres still a long way to go for the boy.. a run of games next season is what is needed i think before any bold statements about him playing for England in 3 years.. we do like to go a little over the top when it comes to our own at BCFC :yes:

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not sure what / how long his current contract is but he comes across as a very level headed sensible lad and thus I’d be offering a 3 or 4 year contract 

Dangerous as doing so can spoil young players with too much too soon , but what I see and hear of Lloyd I don’t think it would affect him in any negative way 

I kept banging on about playing Kelly is some of the other threads over the past 4 or 5 months. Can’t believe it has taken so long to put him in!

8 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Brownie point for Cheeseleysmate please.

I know nothing about football at all Major, so no points required on this occasion....although I would happily take promotion to the Premier League at the end of the season....A 2-1 win over Cardiff with Taylor and Kelly the scorers for BC. :dancing6::clap:

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 00:07, Tiree said:

We are in danger of getting carried away. I am excited and hope he progresses with us for years to come but he ain't a Bryan yet. JB has a lot of experience now can play RB or any midfield position and by being the best LB in the Championship is someone we don't want to see leave for any reason. 

Kelly will be brought on by Lj's coaching team as they do this really really well. 

Kelly should definitely be our first choice LB. Although JB is experienced he is not a defender. And he certainly cannot play RB. Get's far too exposed. If he plays RB at Middlesborough we will lose

On 11/04/2018 at 10:29, Cheesleysmate said:

Thanks Bob.

I wasn’t sure how things work with young players, but I do know that there has been legal theft of promising players at lower level clubs by the elite corporate entertainment franchises of the Premier League in the past.

That's only possible prior to them signing their first professional contract. 

On 11/04/2018 at 10:29, Cheesleysmate said:

Thanks Bob.

That rule only applies before players sign pro-contracts (i.e. academy players), which I think is usually on their 17th birthday if rated high enough.

On 10/04/2018 at 23:04, Pezo said:

I think LJ is doing the right thing in not playing him in every game, he probably isn't used to the amount physicality in the game so needs longer to repair but on ability he is cracking talent to have at the club. 

Doesnt seem to harm Sessegnon at Fulham by playing every week!

if you’re good enough ( which he clearly is ), you should be in the team. 

Archived