IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly

GrahamC

1 hour ago, nickolas said:

Doesnt seem to harm Sessegnon at Fulham by playing every week!

if you’re good enough ( which he clearly is ), you should be in the team. 

Sessegnon made 17 league starts throughout his first full season. Fulham eased him in throughout the season to ensure he was ready for the physical nature of the league this season.

Overload him and we risk a drop in form affecting his confidence or even worse injuries.

It's no longer about playing a best 11 every week - it's a squad game and we need to use our experienced players as well as our youngsters wisely. 

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

Sessegnon made 17 league starts throughout his first full season. Fulham eased him in throughout the season to ensure he was ready for the physical nature of the league this season.

Overload him and we risk a drop in form affecting his confidence or even worse injuries.

It's no longer about playing a best 11 every week - it's a squad game and we need to use our experienced players as well as our youngsters wisely. 

Heres 4 games left. Use him every game. 

I dont think his confidence looks like an issue at all!

On 11/04/2018 at 10:27, BobBobSuperBob said:

Only if he’s out of contract , and even then , as long as we’ve offered him a contract of ? at least same ? terms .(Might get corrected in this) then we’d get composenation for him as he’s under 24

Not sure what / how long his current contract is but he comes across as a very level headed sensible lad and thus I’d be offering a 3 or 4 year contract 

Dangerous as doing so can spoil young players with too much too soon , but what I see and hear of Lloyd I don’t think it would affect him in any negative way 

Contracted til summer 2019.

On 11/04/2018 at 10:29, Cheesleysmate said:

Thanks Bob.

I wasn’t sure how things work with young players, but I do know that there has been legal theft of promising players at lower level clubs by the elite corporate entertainment franchises of the Premier League in the past.

See Buckeyed response below.

6 hours ago, Buckeyed said:

That's only possible prior to them signing their first professional contract. 

Yes, and this is where the rules allow a Cat 1 club to take whoever they want up to that point.  @redcherryberry Will know the rules, but young Ampadu of Exeter went to Chelsea for £64k, yes, sixty four thousand pounds.  How is that compensation.  It’s a disgrace.

On 12/04/2018 at 21:34, Davefevs said:

Contracted til summer 2019.

See Buckeyed response below.

Yes, and this is where the rules allow a Cat 1 club to take whoever they want up to that point.  @redcherryberry Will know the rules, but young Ampadu of Exeter went to Chelsea for £64k, yes, sixty four thousand pounds.  How is that compensation.  It’s a disgrace.

@Davefevs Do you have a source for that? I find that very difficult to believe, I was under the impression it hadn't gone to tribunal yet. If it was only £64k that would be an initial payment there would be future payments dependant on performance.

Age group of the Academy Player

Category of the Academy of the Training Club at the relevant time

Applicable Annual Fixed Fee

Under 9 to Under 11

All Categories

£3,000

Under 12 to Under 16

Category 1

£40,000

Under 12 to Under 16

Category 2

£25,000

Under 12 to Under 16

Category 3

£12,500

If he joined as an under 8 then compensation would have started as an under 9 and left as an under 16/17 (??). The minimum compensation would have been £71k according to the rules. But the other high profile case recently was Rabbi Motondo who moved from Cardiff Academy to Manchester City for an initial £500k.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-starlet-rabbi-matondo-12734503

There would be further compensation dependant on first team appearances up to a further £1.4 million. Still a bit of a bargain. 

As Lloyd has signed a professional contract this compensation is irrelevant as a transfer fee would have to be paid unless his contract had expired at which point it would go to a tribunal.

On 11/04/2018 at 10:19, Numero Uno said:

Except he probably whipped in the cross of the season, an absolute beaut, and yet neither lamp post we had up front got anywhere near it.

There’s obviously more to attacking as a full back then crossing a ball. He didn’t come inside once, and that’s the way we like to play. 

On 12/04/2018 at 10:46, BCFC1959 said:

Kelly should definitely be our first choice LB. Although JB is experienced he is not a defender. And he certainly cannot play RB. Get's far too exposed. If he plays RB at Middlesborough we will lose

Did you watch the same game as everyone else? 

On 11/04/2018 at 10:16, The hand of RO'D said:

Can’t see us playing 3-5-2 against boro if I’m totally honest. We were far too open last night a better team like boro will have a field day.

We didn’t play 3-5-2 against Birmingham. 4 at the back, Bryan was RB

On 14/04/2018 at 13:27, JasonM88 said:

There’s obviously more to attacking as a full back then crossing a ball. He didn’t come inside once, and that’s the way we like to play. 

Did you watch the same game as everyone else? 

Did you watch yesterday's game. Bryan is not a defender

Archived