IGNORED

City were poor tonight...

Andy082005

38 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

We were ok tonight. After we went two up we got lazy and Baker in particular just lumped long balls to Djuric. It let them back into the game a bit. They had a few good chances and a draw wouldn’t have been unfair but we were rewarded for being clinical. 

Birmingham had some quality on the pitch. Jutiewicz, Jota and Dean are all really good players for this league. They shouldn’t be near the bottom of the league and they may have won if Adams hadn’t been suspended. I’ll take the points though. Still in this playoff race and would like to be in it after Saturday. 

Said before - think he’s got a decent all round game , not prolific goal wise but a good strong mobile target man and with our budget he’d always be in my thoughts

Think he would help BR probably more than Famara does

Some of Jotas passing tonight  was sheer class

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Said before - think he’s got a decent all round game , not prolific goal wise but a good strong mobile target man and with our budget he’d always be in my thoughts

Think he would help BR probably more than Famara does

Some of Jotas passing tonight  was sheer class

Indeed it was. Another player of theirs i love watching is Maghoma. Always closing down and difficult to deal with when going forward.

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Really disappointed with Birmingham City tonight. With the players they had on the pitch I thought they would be a lot better then that. 

Thought we did well though. Fair play...showed they actually do have a set of boll*cks and really dug deep tonight. Johnson was brave with that selection so credit to him for getting it right. I personally was expecting him to be march out the ground in a straight jacket when I first seen it...

Special mention to Lloyd Kelly. Played like a seasoned pro...he is gonna be some player if we look after him and develop him properly 

you little clickbater.

28 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Indeed it was. Another player of theirs i love watching is Maghoma. Always closing down and difficult to deal with when going forward.

Me too....clever player....underrated.

1 hour ago, Donkeeebles said:

Well I must have watched a different game because the Birmingham City I saw tonight played really well (as did we) and can consider themselves unlucky not to get a point. First half especially they were really dangerous and attacked with pace. We contained them better second half but on that showing I think they'll stay up.  

I thought they were a decent side too.  Certainly could’ve been a draw based on chances, they missed a couple of sitters.  Then again we hit the bar too.

7 hours ago, Enter Sandman said:

I think we’ve all been starved of good football lately that we think a pretty mediocre performance constitutes getting excited about. 

We were decent tonight. No more than that. Brum should’ve scored a couple more, against better opposition we’d have lost that. I don’t think Boro will be so feckless in front of goal as the Brummies were tonight. 

Perhaps we will be more clinical in front of goal and tighter in defence v Boro .

Have you considered that ?

Just enjoy the match and the three points, let Saturday take care of itself.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Me too....clever player....underrated.

I thought they were a decent side too.  Certainly could’ve been a draw based on chances, they missed a couple of sitters.  Then again we hit the bar too.

Bobby should have buried that header , an open goal .

He will be relieved that we won.

30 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Bobby should have buried that header , an open goal .

He will be relieved that we won.

Fam also wasted a gilt edged chance to play someone in (Brownhill?) for a free shot in the second half by dithering about. We definitley could have had more on another night - think it was genuinely one of those games that on another night could have gone either way. 

Brum looked a lot better under Monk than they did under Harry or Cotts, unsurprisingly. 

Would have Maghoma here in a flash, quality. 

Archived