IGNORED

What a bloody fantastic season this is!

reddogkev

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

We haven't.

This has already been proven as a fallacy yet you continue to peddle it.

James, you've talked a lot of logical, good sense on this thread - it's been interesting to read your comments.  You're now one of the names I'm going to look out for to provide reasonable, intelligent views about City in the future!

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

If there weren't people peddling myths, the "relegation form" one being popular until it was dispelled last week....

...from the home game versus Wolves up until last night we had taken 15 points from a possible 51 - that form averaged out over a season would have seen us finish on 40 points....that looked like ‘relegation form’ to me...or do you think we’d stay up with 40 points seeing as Blackburn went down last season with over 50 points?!

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

You miss the point, I'm talking about the entire season ... not just beating Birmingham!  Of course, such a thread like this is easier to pen and likely to be better received after a 3-1 win against a team we haven't beaten for 25 years.

Make no mistake, the season has been a classic, with a fair few bad games thrown into the mix.  I think we've all supported City long enough to know we don't often do well in the Championship - so patches of bad form go with the territory.

CM, I'd hope we don't have to beat Boro for you to be a bit more impressed / pleased with the season.

I think you're overstating this season but your enthusiasm makes a refreshing change from the monotonous negativity from certain posters.  If we happen to sneak a play off place and make it to Wembley then I think then, and only then, can the season be described as a "classic".  Otherwise you're not really giving yourself anywhere to go if a season comes along where we actually do achieve something.

Assuming we finish where we are now, I think this will go down as a broadly positive season tainted by a very disappointing post-Christmas decline, most memorable for the great victory against United, which is undoubtedly one of the highlights in our rather unimpressive history as a club.

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

...from the home game versus Wolves up until last night we had taken 15 points from a possible 51 - that form averaged out over a season would have seen us finish on 40 points....that looked like ‘relegation form’ to me...or do you think we’d stay up with 40 points seeing as Blackburn went down last season with over 50 points?!

Because there are other Clubs currently below us in pts per game over the same period 

Therefore , That can’t ,in anyway be described as relegation form

Not my answer but what you will get

Its not just points totals - my eyes tell me we have been looking like a relegation type side for some period but what relevance does that have 

;)

18 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'll address you in the same manner you have me.

You're an arse.

Having a sense of perspective and realistic expectations doesn't make someone unambitious you knob, it means they understand what is likely and have a grasp on reality.

I didn't expect us to win any trophies this season because the chances of it happening were slim (at best) to none. What you appear too thick to realise is that doesn't mean I don't want us to.

I'd like nothing more than for us to suddenly become world beaters, but over 99.9% of the time a team doesn't go from relegation fight to winning their league, let alone a domestic cup as a second tier side. Of course there are rare exceptions like Leicester winning the Premier League a couple of years ago, but the fact that was such a notable win and even as late as February people were waiting for them to cock up is because of how unlikely an event it was.

Oh, and just to reiterate, you're a *****.

so by that reckoning getting in the playoffs but losing the final is failure.only ten teams achieve promotion one wins the premier league. Two cup winners three including jpt. That means 78 teams fail every year .success is relative .ok the season may just peter out to a mid table finish that is progress from last year may not be cups playoffs and promotion but still success.will b disappointed we didn't make the playoffs.but happy with a major cup semi final and a top half finish is success raising the profile of the club creating the memory of a lifetime beating united and being able to dream rather than worry about relegation to me is success

34 minutes ago, roddy-d said:

I would of rather we all backed Cotts and the team that got us to the championship 

I wouldn't!

Cotterill, for all that he did brilliantly at League 1 level for us, lost it in the Championship. Naive, gung-ho tactics with an inability to defend. Plus he proved to be petulant and arrogant, not picking a full set of subs, just to make a point. And it's not like his performance at Birmingham this season was much better either.

By the same token, the jury is still out on LJ as to whether or not he can get us consistently playing at a higher level, not just for a run of games. We will all just have to wait until next season to see...

20 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

I wouldn't!

Cotterill, for all that he did brilliantly at League 1 level for us, lost it in the Championship. Naive, gung-ho tactics with an inability to defend. Plus he proved to be petulant and arrogant, not picking a full set of subs, just to make a point. And it's not like his performance at Birmingham this season was much better either.

By the same token, the jury is still out on LJ as to whether or not he can get us consistently playing at a higher level, not just for a run of games. We will all just have to wait until next season to see...

Sorry I just can't Diony worth 10milion fab signing on loan. Don't even see him in the City team. LJ said that. I'm sorry but I agree with Cotts we haven't brought in any players better than we already had.  We let two go that I feel was a importance of the team. On Cotts I would rather arrogant as you put it than a sales man in LJ. I'm told many fans have seen Cotts round Bristol and he just ain't like that. I certainly don't like the fan Cotts felt he had to retaliate too. If he just has the support of the board as LJ then who knows. Clueless & unwanted goes to the players. So don't blame them. 

Archived