IGNORED

Marlon Pack Tonight

BobBobSuperBob

How good was he tonight ?

Or is it me ?

Not always been his biggest fan but he seems to have got better and better and I’ve become a real fan and appreciative of his qualities 

Really like that he’s really brave -  probably our bravest player insomuch that he will always make himself available to have the ball even  under close pressure 

Putting his lovely strike from the free kick aside - Thought he played as well tonight as I can remember , maybe just me ,  seemed to win header after header , passed with real composure and gave us the closest thing we had to a steady hand and made lots and lots of good and important decisions during the game

Thought he was MOM personally

Well done Marlon - Class Act Tonight

Agree he was on top form - really strong in midfield arguably won more headers than Djuric - was my MoM too - we so missed him on Saturday.

It's so annoying looking at the table points and goal difference between us and MIllwall as it could have been reversed - never mind - 4 more games to go and surely he is undroppable now?

I've never changed my mind about a player like I have about Pack.  I've never been a fan of his, but this season I think he's been outstanding and a massive part of our earlier season success. Another great performance tonight too.  I don't expect him to score many from his deep position, but his shooting is generally terrible, yet I was very pleased to be proven wrong tonight after saying to my son as the free kick was being lined up: 'when does Marlon Pack ever score from here; please let Joe take it'.  Well done Marlon, you've had a great season.

7 minutes ago, Enter Sandman said:

I think he does all that in most games. Yes, he makes the odd mistake but generally I think he’s hugely important to how we want to play. As you say, bravery on the ball. 

Baffled still as to why he was dropped v Brentford. 

Totally, LJ messed that up but got it bang on this time, however Fam and Milan together? I don't think so... 

Matty and Bobby with Callum and Josh wide =frightening!!! 

1 minute ago, GrenadaRed said:

I've never changed my mind about a player like I have about Pack.  I've never been a fan of his, but this season I think he's been outstanding and a massive part of our earlier season success. Another great performance tonight too.  I don't expect him to score many from his deep position, but his shooting is generally terrible, yet I was very pleased to be proven wrong tonight after saying to my son as the free kick was being lined up: 'when does Marlon Pack ever score from here; please let Joe take it'.  Well done Marlon, you've had a great season.

Soon as he hit it l said he's only gone and done it! 

Tbf l could tell during the warm up the lads looked different, positive energy flowing. 

CTFOYR

53 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Or is it me ?

Not always been his biggest fan but he seems to have got better and better and I’ve become a real fan and appreciative of his qualities 

Really like that he’s really brave -  probably our bravest player insomuch that he will always make himself available to have the ball even  under close pressure 

Putting his lovely strike from the free kick aside - Thought he played as well tonight as I can remember , maybe just me ,  seemed to win header after header , passed with real composure and gave us the closest thing we had to a steady hand and made lots and lots of good and important decisions during the game

Yep. Mint. But he is. Lots of times. 

Fammy for me MOM. Excellent tonight. Stood up to them in a real CF performance. 

I think we underestimate the value of an on-song Pack. 

He's a bit like Bagpuss : when he goes to sleep,  all his friends go to sleep! 

When he's at his best - like tonight - he pulls out a load of good performances from team mates. 

Johnson doesn't think so, but I think in the present squad, Pack is virtually undroppable. 

(Arguably wasted there if successful )

But

I think he’d make a really decent ‘footballing centre half’

His pace would be the possible flaw but reading the game as he does , in a back four, I think he could minimise that potential weakness

Id certainly love to see LJ try him there at some point (Pre season or Carabao) just to see if that would be a real second option for Marlon in our side going forward 

Hypothetically Anyone see the same potential .?

interested , as an ex centre half , your ( and anyone else’s) opinion @Davefevs ?

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

But

His pace would be the possible flaw but reading the game as he does , in a back four, I think he could minimise that potential weakness

Id certainly love to see LJ try him there at some point (Pre season or Carabao) just to see if that would be a real second option for Marlon in our side going forward 

interested , as an ex centre half , your ( and anyone else’s) opinion @Davefevs ?

I love OTIB, a thread praising a player for a great performance and someone suggests changing his position.

:yes:

9 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

But

He’s intelligent enough to overcome a lack of pace / speed of turning.  Defensively he reminds me of Rennie, who played CB a bit too.  I’m sure he could play there, but as an option for injuries / suspensions.

9 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Up in the prawn sandwich seats there Dave? :whistle:

On the same level as the “corporates" in section A4, but more meat paste than prawn!

One thing I really like about Marlon, is when things aren’t going well and other players start hiding, he’s not afraid to take the ball and try and make something happen as opposed to playing the easy pass. A lot of our team do tend to take the easy option to avoid the boos and groans.

30 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I always compare Pack to Micheal Carrick (not saying playing quality,  just attributes) ,  both get slated a lot by their fans, but you don’t half notice them when not playing. 

I never rated Carrick at Man Utd, never influenced a game against any of the big boys at home or in Europe.  Not saying he wasn’t a good player.  I just never came away from watching a game thinking, "blimey, Carrick was the difference tonight".  He was nowhere near being Roy Keane for MU and I think at a club like MU you have to have stellar performances in you, ones where you take the game by the scruff of the neck.  Carrick never did that for me.  I’m sure he was a pro’s pro, but I don’t think he was top drawer, not for a club as big as MU (cough spit).

48 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I never rated Carrick at Man Utd, never influenced a game against any of the big boys at home or in Europe.  Not saying he wasn’t a good player.  I just never came away from watching a game thinking, "blimey, Carrick was the difference tonight".  He was nowhere near being Roy Keane for MU and I think at a club like MU you have to have stellar performances in you, ones where you take the game by the scruff of the neck.  Carrick never did that for me.  I’m sure he was a pro’s pro, but I don’t think he was top drawer, not for a club as big as MU (cough spit).

But when you ask Manure fans they did miss him when he wasn’t playing. 

Me personally always start the season thinking Pack should be replaced but after a while appreciate what he brings to the team. If Pack had pace he wouldn’t be here. 

15 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Or is it me ?

Agree with that Bob, Marlon's been the stereotypical unsung hero for me this season. Never going to particularly stand out in his position but carries out his role brilliantly. 

Watching the game last night, it struck me that Marlon really needs his own song/chant. It would be nice to be able to show him some love. 

@Robbored perhaps you have some ideas? 

2 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Agree with that Bob, Marlon's been the stereotypical unsung hero for me this season. Never going to particularly stand out in his position but carries out his role brilliantly. 

Watching the game last night, it struck me that Marlon really needs his own song/chant. It would be nice to be able to show him some love. 

Singing Section were singing something about Marlon last night but couldn’t make it out and it didn’t pick up loud enough to help

26 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Only the old one "he's here,he's there, he's every flipping where, Marlon Pack. Marlon Pack..........although he's not quite worthy yet of the late Gerry Gow's old song....

Archived