IGNORED

Marlon Pack Tonight

BobBobSuperBob

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Only the old one "he's here,he's there, he's every flipping where, Marlon Pack. Marlon Pack..........although he's not quite worthy yet of the late Gerry Gow's old song....

"No song made up on OTIB will ever get sung at the ground" - Robbored 2018 (and 2017, and 2016, and 2015....) :P

36 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Only the old one "he's here,he's there, he's every flipping where, Marlon Pack. Marlon Pack..........although he's not quite worthy yet of the late Gerry Gow's old song....

That’s not what they were singing about Pack last night. I couldn’t work out what it was but it wasn’t that. 

And it gets sung about Korey literally every game. Are you sure it’s the tannoy that’s the problem?! 

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Did think that all the midfield pushed forward too much and left massive spaces for Birmingham which we were lucky to get away with. 

First 25 minutes definitely.  Was better after that.  Think we got carried away by a couple of counter attacks early on, and forgot our shape.

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

That’s not what they were singing about Pack last night. I couldn’t work out what it was but it wasn’t that. 

And it gets sung about Korey literally every game. Are you sure it’s the tannoy that’s the problem?! 

More evidence that Robbored is an advanced trollbot 

15 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

They were signing about Pack last night?    I never heard it. In fact I can't recal hearing any songs about a City player.

Must where I sit in the Dolman. The acoustics are awful.

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

He has two songs and has for a while. At least since last season possibly even before that.

The first one is 

"Marlon PACK! in the middle of our team." Which is to the tune of Madness' our house.

And the other is 

"We fell in love with marlon pack. We fell in love with mar-lon pack!" 

Which i believe is a rihanna song? Found love in a hopeless place i think. 

20 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

seemed to win header after header

It may just be you, BBSB!! (I only say that as you mentioned that twice!) Agreed, he was superb last night. Very calm. Probably helped having Smith back to his best, too.

I only reply as I regard him as an excellent header of the ball in midfield. Heading there involves doing so from what is usually a standing start, or not much more than a step or two running on to the header. Really not easy that - we all have a chance of beating a man to a ball when it's coming in fast from a corner and we're going at it at pace. Whilst he's taller than a lot of his central midfield opponents, his defensive heading requires him to beat his man to a ball he's placed second best to win: more often than not, heading in midfield is of balls moving at reduced pace compared to at set-pieces - often balls on the rebound from a challenge, ricochets, slowly looping balls from close range. That's really tricky to get enough propulsion or impetus. It seems to require strength and precision to lean over/round the head of your opponent, taking care not to concede a free-kick, and even then you can't get much distance on it owing to its slowness. You have to ensure your defensive header doesn't land in an advantageous position which might put your back 4 under the kosh and I think Pack wins so many vital headers in that central pocket between our box and the centre-circle, it's an underrated part of his game.

His diagonal balls are much more noticeable.

4 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

His ability in the air is often over looked, he wins the vast majority of those scrappy "midfield head tennis" type scenarios. I am sure bigger fish than us have their eyes on him.

Not just Pack either. Bryan, Reid, and Flint will attract attention for sure.

18 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

It may just be you, BBSB!! (I only say that as you mentioned that twice!) Agreed, he was superb last night. Very calm. Probably helped having Smith back to his best, too.

I only reply as I regard him as an excellent header of the ball in midfield. Heading there involves doing so from what is usually a standing start, or not much more than a step or two running on to the header. Really not easy that - we all have a chance of beating a man to a ball when it's coming in fast from a corner and we're going at it at pace. Whilst he's taller than a lot of his central midfield opponents, his defensive heading requires him to beat his man to a ball he's placed second best to win: more often than not, heading in midfield is of balls moving at reduced pace compared to at set-pieces - often balls on the rebound from a challenge, ricochets, slowly looping balls from close range. That's really tricky to get enough propulsion or impetus. It seems to require strength and precision to lean over/round the head of your opponent, taking care not to concede a free-kick, and even then you can't get much distance on it owing to its slowness. You have to ensure your defensive header doesn't land in an advantageous position which might put your back 4 under the kosh and I think Pack wins so many vital headers in that central pocket between our box and the centre-circle, it's an underrated part of his game.

His diagonal balls are much more noticeable.

His diagonal balls are much more noticeable.

:blink:

9 hours ago, Xspence said:

When he stood up to take the free kick I turned to the person I was with and said “the problem we have had is since Tomlin has gone we have no one who can take free kicks”...... I will now say that before every free kick! 

I`ve been religiously saying `We never score from corners` every time we get one for years.

No idea why, it never bloody works!

Archived