IGNORED

4 wins to take 6th

Cider-Head23

I believe it’s back in our hands after tonight’s fantastic result. Easier said than done but win all of our remaining 4 games and it should be enough to take 6th place. 

Millwall’s run in couldn’t be much tougher. They play Sheff United. Fulham. Boro & Villa. Even the form that Millwall are in I think providing we win all 4 of our games.. it should be enough to overtake Millwall. 

One last major push to the play offs lads! 

But realistically when was the last time we won two games in a row - let alone didn't lose in 4?

We have a very long way to go - Birmingham missed 3 sitters today (while we only missed 1) but at least it does feel like it could happen, rather than after Saturday when I was sure it could never happen

56 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

I believe it’s back in our hands after tonight’s fantastic result. Easier said than done but win all of our remaining 4 games and it should be enough to take 6th place. 

Millwall’s run in couldn’t be much tougher. They play Sheff United. Fulham. Boro & Villa. Even the form that Millwall are in I think providing we win all 4 of our games.. it should be enough to overtake Millwall. 

oh easy then, for a minute I thought you said all we have to do is win all our remaining games!!

The hardest of the remaining games for me is boro away and I can't see us winning. Give Assombalonga those chances brum had tonight and we will be ******.

Still it was an open game and this one will be completely different. Any chance we can lose and still grab 6th ? Win all remaining games?  

1 hour ago, Cider-Head23 said:

Not even close to being in our hands. It's Milwalls to lose. All we can do is put pressure on them and hope they slip up. 

1 hour ago, Cider-Head23 said:

No shit Sherlock but they won't do it. Derby too. 

1 Wolverhampton Wanderers Wolverhampton Wanderers 46 30 9 7 83:40 43 99
2 Cardiff City Cardiff City 46 27 9 10 67:38 29 90
3 Fulham FC Fulham FC 46 24 14 8 75:44 31 86
4 Aston Villa Aston Villa 46 25 11 10 71:42 29 86
5 Derby County Derby County 46 21 16 9 66:41 25 79
6 Bristol City Bristol City 46 20 15 11 64:50 14 75
7 Brentford FC Brentford FC 46 20 14 12 63:48 15 74
8 Middlesbrough FC Middlesbrough FC 46 20 12 14 64:45 19 72
9 Millwall FC Millwall FC 46 18 18 10 58:43 15 72
10 Preston North End Preston North End 46 18 17 11 59:46 13 71
11 Sheffield United Sheffield United 46 19 11 16 60:53 7 68
12 Leeds United Leeds United 46 17 10 19 57:62 -5 61
13 Norwich City Norwich City 46 14 16 16 48:57 -9 58
14 Ipswich Town Ipswich Town 46 16 9 21 54:59 -5 57
15 Queens Park Rangers Queens Park Rangers 46 15 12 19 56:67 -11 57
16 Sheffield Wednesday Sheffield Wednesday 46 13 14 19 52:63 -11 53
17 Hull City Hull City 46 12 14 20 66:65 1 50
18 Nottingham Forest Nottingham Forest 46 14 8 24 47:65 -18 50
19 Bolton Wanderers Bolton Wanderers 46 11 13 22 39:68 -29 46
20 Reading FC Reading FC 46 10 14 22 48:65 -17 44
21 Birmingham City Birmingham City 46 12 8 26 35:66 -31 44
22 Sunderland AFC Sunderland AFC 46 8 16 22 49:77 -28 40
23 Barnsley FC Barnsley FC 46 8 15 23 44:67 -23 39
24 Burton Albion Burton Albion 46 7 11 28 31:85 -54 32

My prediction for the end of the season table. This will only happen if we draw with Middlesbrough and win the other 3 games. It’s going down to the wire and could be very exciting if our form improves.

7 minutes ago, Irishred said:
1 Wolverhampton Wanderers Wolverhampton Wanderers 46 30 9 7 83:40 43 99
2 Cardiff City Cardiff City 46 27 9 10 67:38 29 90
3 Fulham FC Fulham FC 46 24 14 8 75:44 31 86
4 Aston Villa Aston Villa 46 25 11 10 71:42 29 86
5 Derby County Derby County 46 21 16 9 66:41 25 79
6 Bristol City Bristol City 46 20 15 11 64:50 14 75
7 Brentford FC Brentford FC 46 20 14 12 63:48 15 74
8 Middlesbrough FC Middlesbrough FC 46 20 12 14 64:45 19 72
9 Millwall FC Millwall FC 46 18 18 10 58:43 15 72
10 Preston North End Preston North End 46 18 17 11 59:46 13 71
11 Sheffield United Sheffield United 46 19 11 16 60:53 7 68
12 Leeds United Leeds United 46 17 10 19 57:62 -5 61
13 Norwich City Norwich City 46 14 16 16 48:57 -9 58
14 Ipswich Town Ipswich Town 46 16 9 21 54:59 -5 57
15 Queens Park Rangers Queens Park Rangers 46 15 12 19 56:67 -11 57
16 Sheffield Wednesday Sheffield Wednesday 46 13 14 19 52:63 -11 53
17 Hull City Hull City 46 12 14 20 66:65 1 50
18 Nottingham Forest Nottingham Forest 46 14 8 24 47:65 -18 50
19 Bolton Wanderers Bolton Wanderers 46 11 13 22 39:68 -29 46
20 Reading FC Reading FC 46 10 14 22 48:65 -17 44
21 Birmingham City Birmingham City 46 12 8 26 35:66 -31 44
22 Sunderland AFC Sunderland AFC 46 8 16 22 49:77 -28 40
23 Barnsley FC Barnsley FC 46 8 15 23 44:67 -23 39
24 Burton Albion Burton Albion 46 7 11 28 31:85 -54 32

My prediction for the end of the season table. This will only happen if we draw with Middlesbrough and win the other 3 games. It’s going down to the wire and could be very exciting if our form improves.

I remember my first pint...

Can’t see us getting in POs in all honesty 

Each of Our remaining fixtures I’d see as tough ones and I don’t think we are in enough of any sort of groove / form to get the results needed

Was just pleased we showed a bit of grit and endeavour last night and scored 3 quality goals which will help confidence and belief 

And football being what it is you never know - Can’t see it tbh

Would be pretty pleased just to see us rebuild some confidence and belief in all honesty 

Feels like a very different league this year. Last season, Blackburn were relegated with 51 points, while this year 44 (or even less) could be enough to survive. 6th place, meanwhile, needed 80 points, whereas this time 74 could realistically be enough. 

How on Gods green earth is it in our hands when we have to overtake 2 teams? We haven't won an away game since December and it took desperation and pretty much route 1 and good luck to win last night. I can appreciate optimism but there is a line. I just can't see where the wins, and specially the away wins are coming from. I've done the prediction thing and have us finishing 2 points off, and even then I might be a bit optimistic. Gave us a draw at Boro, so if we did something silly like win there it makes it close, but... The games we have left, while not the most difficult run in is tough. 2 promotion chasers, Hull have hit some form, Forest is always tough. I'd be happy to show some form to the end of the season. Not just sticking it up to the big man, but some decent passing attacking football, then move on to next season, so far this year has been a complete cluster-**** .

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 10.12.06.png

55 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

How on Gods green earth is it in our hands when we have to overtake 2 teams? We haven't won an away game since December and it took desperation and pretty much route 1 and good luck to win last night. I can appreciate optimism but there is a line. I just can't see where the wins, and specially the away wins are coming from. I've done the prediction thing and have us finishing 2 points off, and even then I might be a bit optimistic. Gave us a draw at Boro, so if we did something silly like win there it makes it close, but... The games we have left, while not the most difficult run in is tough. 2 promotion chasers, Hull have hit some form, Forest is always tough. I'd be happy to show some form to the end of the season. Not just sticking it up to the big man, but some decent passing attacking football, then move on to next season, so far this year has been a complete cluster-**** .

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 10.12.06.png

Cardiff v Boro in the play off semi's. Pulis v Warnock.  Neck braces issued to all spectators.

3 hours ago, spudski said:

Even if we were to make the play offs...can't see us winning them.

Imo, we are still developing and just a bit short of the quality needed to go up this season.

That's not really the point though. We want to participate to be part of the drama. Once you're in a knockout all sorts can happen as we found in our cup run.

Twists and turns to come yet....whether they involve Bristol City or not I don’t know.  The most important thing is to not lose at Boro on Saturday.  We gave ourselves a little bit of hope last night.  That will be dashed on Saturday with a defeat, or continued with a draw.  If we were to eke out a win, we are gonna be put through a whole bunch of emotions over the next few weeks.  We just need to keep this season going as long as possible.

i did see a desire last night, the disappointment was that it hasn’t been shown in the past two games.  A hard fought 0-0 v Millwall last Saturday would’ve given the run in a very different complexion.  We are chasing a hope currently.

11 minutes ago, mozo said:

That's not really the point though. We want to participate to be part of the drama. Once you're in a knockout all sorts can happen as we found in our cup run.

You can look at it many ways...what happens between now and the end of the season often reflects how people feel to how we've done.

You've only got to look at the reactions on here after each game depending on the result and performance.

Go through a bad run, and every part of the team and club is dissected, faults found, and players, coach's, club staff, individually picked out and said that they aren't good enough.

We win a game yesterday, which could have gone either way, as it was so open, and the whole place is more positive...all those players and staff aren't good enough but won yesterday and we're still in with a shout. Go figure.

If we were to finish 7th...and miss the play off's, or get to final and lose...how would it be reflected on here? How would the fan base think? Are we much better as a team between finishing so close at 7th or making the play off final?

I look at the table in the old fashioned way....there are three teams that are massively better than us points wise.

I just don't think we are ready to go up this season...and I'm thinking for the long term health of the club.

I know Huddersfield and Bournemouth could be thrown back as examples...however, I just don't think we are set up just yet, to make the most of going up.

Just my opinion...and I know so many want to go up, and yes it would be exciting.

Maybe if I had a crystal ball and could see into the future, and knew that if we were to go up, we would stick to our guns with the way we are running the club then my thoughts would be different.

I've also got great satisfaction from seeing some of our youngsters develop...like Vyner, Kelly etc....and I fear all our development plans would go out the window if we were to go up and try to survive.

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Can’t see us getting in POs in all honesty 

Each of Our remaining fixtures I’d see as tough ones and I don’t think we are in enough of any sort of groove / form to get the results needed

Was just pleased we showed a bit of grit and endeavour last night and scored 3 quality goals which will help confidence and belief 

And football being what it is you never know - Can’t see it tbh

Would be pretty pleased just to see us rebuild some confidence and belief in all honesty 

This

4 hours ago, spudski said:

Even if we were to make the play offs...can't see us winning them.

Imo, we are still developing and just a bit short of the quality needed to go up this season.

.... and this.

is about as realistic as it gets on OTIB

1 hour ago, spudski said:

You can look at it many ways...what happens between now and the end of the season often reflects how people feel to how we've done.

You've only got to look at the reactions on here after each game depending on the result and performance.

Go through a bad run, and every part of the team and club is dissected, faults found, and players, coach's, club staff, individually picked out and said that they aren't good enough.

We win a game yesterday, which could have gone either way, as it was so open, and the whole place is more positive...all those players and staff aren't good enough but won yesterday and we're still in with a shout. Go figure.

If we were to finish 7th...and miss the play off's, or get to final and lose...how would it be reflected on here? How would the fan base think? Are we much better as a team between finishing so close at 7th or making the play off final?

I look at the table in the old fashioned way....there are three teams that are massively better than us points wise.

I just don't think we are ready to go up this season...and I'm thinking for the long term health of the club.

I know Huddersfield and Bournemouth could be thrown back as examples...however, I just don't think we are set up just yet, to make the most of going up.

Just my opinion...and I know so many want to go up, and yes it would be exciting.

Maybe if I had a crystal ball and could see into the future, and knew that if we were to go up, we would stick to our guns with the way we are running the club then my thoughts would be different.

I've also got great satisfaction from seeing some of our youngsters develop...like Vyner, Kelly etc....and I fear all our development plans would go out the window if we were to go up and try to survive.

Get what you're saying, but I think we have to look at how the league cup (which were never going to win) gave us all some timeless memories.

I mean, there's a possibility still that we could face Cardiff in playoff semis. Imagine!

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Get what you're saying, but I think we have to look at how the league cup (which were never going to win) gave us all some timeless memories.

I mean, there's a possibility still that we could face Cardiff in playoff semis. Imagine!

I'd rather watch Cardiff go up, fail miserably and do a Sunderland, and for us to go up next season and stay up. I'm sure it would be fantastic to beat Cardiff in the play offs and lots of pleasure felt...just thinking long term ;)

Archived