IGNORED

Fabulous Fantastic Frankie

Major Isewater

51 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Last night Frankie kept us in the game.

He has many critics but you cannot fault his attitude, heart and shot stopping .

Let's accept that he isn't perfect and give the lad a big hand for what he is good at .

He is a 100% player and a top bloke to boot.

Well done Frankie.

:clap:

Wonderful shot stopping ability.

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

The form he’s been in this season, I’d take Frankie over any other stopper in the league right now. 

He’s been good, but that’s going a bit too far! Remember when people were calling O’Donnell the best in the league :facepalm:

Angus Gunn at Norwich looks one hell of a keeper. Also got the likes of Randolph, Johnstone, Bialkowski & Maxwell. 

I’m a big fan of FF though, and if we want to improve on him we’d probably have to spend a few million quid to do so. 

If a goalkeeper is not a good shot stopper , he's not a goalkeeper. Getting beaten at your near post (like Birminghams goal) is also not good. His distribution is poor along with his command of his area and handling at times. Best in the league ? You're avin a laugh.

Being a keeper is the hardest job on the pitch. One mistake and it’s a goal. You don’t get the opportunity to put that right. You’ve conceded, you could be the reason you lost. It doesn’t matter if make 8 unreal saves after that, that one error is the reason the team lost.

Now, FF has been solid this season. Kept us in games and certainly won us a fair few with his saves. Other than Wolves at home I can’t recall any he’s lost us, or dropped us points in. As I said above, that to me proves he’s had a good season. 

47 minutes ago, fatchers said:

If a goalkeeper is not a good shot stopper , he's not a goalkeeper. Getting beaten at your near post (like Birminghams goal) is also not good. His distribution is poor along with his command of his area and handling at times. Best in the league ? You're avin a laugh.

Yes but 3 players stood in front of him meant he couldn't have seen the ball until very late. He is very reliable with the basics.

50 minutes ago, fatchers said:

1 minute ago, DingleRed said:

Yes but 3 players stood in front of him meant he couldn't have seen the ball until very late. He is very reliable with the basics.

And it took a deflection

:gaah:

51 minutes ago, fatchers said:

Flapper Phillips was a great shot stopper but that was all. He certainly couldn't kick....

When Brum scored last night it looked like a keeper error by getting beat on the near post but seeing the goal on tv later it was actually deflected by either Flint or Baker. So no real blame on FF. for that.

His kicking is woeful tho but that said FF has been told not to welly it up the middle but to kick it wide by the coaches. When he does that he sometimes gets it wrong and last night I can remember three that went straight out of play..........:facepalm:

It became a joke with guys around me......

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Flapper Phillips was a great shot stopper but that was all. He certainly couldn't kick....

When Brum scored last night it looked like a keeper error by getting beat on the near post but seeing the goal on tv later it was actually deflected by either Flint or Baker. So no real blame on FF. for that.

His kicking is woeful tho but that said FF has been told not to welly it up the middle but to kick it wide by the coaches. When he does that he sometimes gets it wrong and last night I can remember three that went straight out of play..........:facepalm:

It became a joke with guys around me......

I’m not at all convinced that FFs kicking is that inaccurate - it might not be pinpoint but have a feeling below may be the instructions / thought process 

9 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’ve come to a bit of a belief that he’s told to make sure it’s very wide even to the extent that it’s not too bad if ball goes out as we can compress and in theory / hopefully win the ball back up the pitch from their throw

Not suggesting he’s told to find touch as such but I wonder whether that’s a close second choice in the plan / thinking

7 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Because the team if it goes wrong will be in poor position defend it if its dropped in short. Flint and Bryan will be the wrong side of the ball and the team instantly out of shape. If the ball goes out on the full City have time to set up.

Similarly if City split for a goal kick and Frankie goes central and the ball is not secured the shape of the team is open to counter.

I did mention in my original post that Frankie isn't perfect , which keeper is ? 

I feel he gets a lot of criticism and not enough praise for what he does do .

This isn't a thread for calling out his kicking or the fact that he's not 6' 2" . I just wanted to publicly thank a lad who gives his all, keeps  going when others let their heads drop and has a fight and will to win second to none .

He is an asset to the team and the club ( and no , I'm not his agent) 

Makes lots more point(s) earning saves than he ever makes errors

Really don’t think he makes many ricks for a keeper

One of those for me, for those that want him replaced asap...........Be careful what you wish for 

FF will probably be more appreciated when he’s gone

44 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I did mention in my original post that Frankie isn't perfect , which keeper is ? 

I feel he gets a lot of criticism and not enough praise for what he does do .

This isn't a thread for calling out his kicking or the fact that he's not 6' 2" . I just wanted to publicly thank a lad who gives his all, keeps  going when others let their heads drop and has a fight and will to win second to none .

He is an asset to the team and the club ( and no , I'm not his agent) 

How dare he not be 6ft 2"!  He's let himself down there...

;-)

2 hours ago, fatchers said:

Getting beaten at your near post (like Birminghams goal) is also not good. 

I don't think that's entirely fair. Didn't it take a massive deflection off Baker? Fielding was anticipating the flight of the ball based on the strikers body shape and what he could see from his vantage point. Just an unlucky goal to concede, not sure there has to be blame.

Good 3 points.

image.thumb.png.2dbaa9daaa3400ffbb36a045099f4dd8.png

4 minutes ago, boadle said:

I don't think that's entirely fair. Didn't it take a massive deflection off Baker? Fielding was anticipating the flight of the ball based on the strikers body shape and what he could see from his vantage point. Just an unlucky goal to concede, not sure there has to be blame.

Good 3 points.

image.thumb.png.2dbaa9daaa3400ffbb36a045099f4dd8.png

Fair point. I'd rather congratulate Jutkiewicz for his run and turning in an unlikely shot, than blame Frank.

Archived