This wkd’s fixtures

MC RISK77

Crikey there are some big games on saturday

Sheff Utd v Millwall

Boro v Us

Fulham v Brentford

Qpr v Preston 

burton v derby

could be the weekend where we see some movement. We simply cannot lose in my mind, but could really do with Fulham beating brentford. Preston have a game they could conceivably lose and derby have a derby against burton which are never simple games.

as for Sheffield Utd v millwall a draw would be good but would not mind if United beat them and end this amazing run millwall are on.

hopefully we get to a position come 4.50 on Saturday where we are still in with a very good chance.

58 minutes ago, GregoryGoodridge said:

Millwall’s last 4 games - Sheff Utd, Fulham, Boro and Villa. Surely their run has to come to a juddering halt!?!?!

Millwall are a good side. Work rate, defensively solid and they have runners from everywhere looking to get in the box. They will be very hard to overcome. We need to win all 4 games and hope for the best. Can we win at Boro? I can't see it. Especially if we defend like last night. But let's see. Given up predicting this league. 

21 minutes ago, mozo said:

Given the fixtures, we can still stay in the mix with a draw at Boro. We need Derby and Millwall to also fail to win. 

Thisis derby's best remaining fixture so they are under pressure to win.

Every team "in the mix" will know the importance of winning - us included. Saturday is another round of Championship fixtures and at 5pm we'll all know where we stand.

If we can win at the Riverside we'll be back in the top six and in with a good chance of staying there. Lose and it's pretty much over. Draw and not much will have changed. 

17 hours ago, Collis1 said:

Pretty much zero chance I'm afraid. To keep ourselves in the mix I think we have to go and beat Boro. 

With an attitude like that why bother?  Four games to go.  Time to man up and get behind the boys to infinity and beyond.

I assume we are all doing our predictions, mine are as follows

Draw at boro,   beat Hull,   beat Forest .  That would give us 72 points going in to the Sheffield game.

My predictions for the other teams mean that we will hit the top six after the Forest game with one game remaining.

Then all we have to do is beat Sheffield United to stay there and finish in 6th position with 75 points.

GET IN.

4 hours ago, dunsteral said:

Draw at boro,   beat Hull,   beat Forest .  That would give us 72 points going in to the Sheffield game.

My predictions for the other teams mean that we will hit the top six after the Forest game with one game remaining.

Then all we have to do is beat Sheffield United to stay there and finish in 6th position with 75 points.

GET IN.

We've only won 3 of our last 8 games, so expecting to win 3 of our next 4 is a big ask.

Love the optimism.

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Wish you’d told LJ the secret before our game at the Den last Saturday....

It's not hard...

Millwalll thrive without the ball. They are more comfortable without it. Play a more reserved game, challenge Millwall to break us down through taking a possession initiative, remain compact... They can struggle against that. @Piccolo said very similar.

Tbh, I posted it on here last midweek, LJ would know it all so yeah he surely factored it then discarded it, he has the experience.

My plan would probably have backfired anyway so. :laughcont:

9 hours ago, dunsteral said:

Draw at boro,   beat Hull,   beat Forest .  That would give us 72 points going in to the Sheffield game....

Love your optimism, just wish I could share it....Hull splaffed 5 goals away at Burton....we didn’t really muster any decent chances  away at the Brewers....Hull have scored 11 goals in their last three fixtures against Burton, QPR and Wolves....what makes you think we will beat them?

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's not hard...

Millwalll thrive without the ball. They are more comfortable without it. 

Tbh, I posted it on here last midweek, LJ would know it all so yeah he surely factored it then discarded it, he has the experience.

My plan would probably have backfired anyway so. :laughcont:

He was probably too busy measuring the grass length at the Den to take any notice of your advice....it makes all the difference don’t ya know!!!

4 hours ago, Selred said:

We've only won 3 of our last 8 games, so expecting to win 3 of our next 4 is a big ask.

Love the optimism.

It doesn’t really matter though does it?

Millwall and Fulham only won about 8 of there first 20 each. Now look where they are.

Do not let your past determine your future.

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO if the club pay me £5k you can put that quote in the tunnel as well... YOU REDS!

Archived