IGNORED

Who will make the Play Offs?

Robin101

Who will make the play offs?  

345 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just for fun of course but had a quick run through remaining fixtures for those affected and I came up with this going into the final game 

5...Derby 73

6...Millwall 72

——————————

7...City 70

8...Brentford 70

9...Boro 68

10..Sheff 68

11..PNE 68

So we just need to beat a Sheff U on the last day who have nothing to play for and rely on Villa to beat Millwall away whilst making sure we stay ahead of Brentford’s goal difference if they win!

Easy :blink: 

Cardiff v City and Villa v Derby in the playoffs!

In all seriousness though we’ll have a much better idea by the time this weekend’s fixtures are through! 

Some real crunch games between top ten clubs between now and the end!

http://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-championship/

I used this predictor trying to be as realistic as possible.

The final result was Derby 5th with us 6th (on goal difference) .. it will be very close. Also, had Cardiff finishing 3rd :laughcont:

I think (hope) the key factor will be Boro's and Millwall's fixtures. 

A draw Saturday would be a very good result.  

33 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Millwall's form is so astonishingly good I don't think even a tough run-in will necessarily stop them.  If Derby win one of their two games in hand they are 5 clear with four to play.  So I'm picking Derby and Millwall.

Those two games / loses in hand are Wolves and Cardiff :whistle:.

They also play Boro and Villa....luckily then have Barnsley and Burton.

I had us and Derby, but that is dependent on Middlesborough and Millwall both dropping points on the last day of the season so an optimistic shout at least.

I did have us down as losing at Middlesborough on Saturday though,so anything better than that puts us in credit on my plan :)

54 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Millwall's form is so astonishingly good I don't think even a tough run-in will necessarily stop them.  If Derby win one of their two games in hand they are 5 clear with four to play.  So I'm picking Derby and Millwall.

Derby's 2 in hand are Wolves (tonight) and Cardiff. I think they are unlikely to win either of those and they also have to play Villa away and Middlesborough. If they win more than 3 to the end of the season they should be ok but that's going to be a tough ask.

Easiest game is Burton (but local derby) and Barnsley last game of the season.

2 hours ago, Reading Red UTC said:

A  draw Saturday would be a very good result.  

I respectfully disagree here. A draw is little use for us imho. If Millwall win it would put us 5 adrift of them with 3 to go.. A Sheff Utd win would put us down to 9th or potentially even 11th depending on other results.. too many teams to overhaul for it to still be feasible. A point might be OK if it's a draw at Bramall Lane but we are running out of games to make up ground. We need to do more than just stay in touch at this stage.

I know the "must win game" thing has become a parody of itself recently but I really think 3 points is necessary for us to still be properly in the picture.

Boro will feel the same I'm sure so it should be an open attacking game. Im kinda excited! COYR

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Unbeaten in sixteen(!) league games is a really special run, and would be equally unsurprised if they just plough on through their final games picking up maximum points to be honest! I'd pick them alongside Derby (purely for their games in hand) for top 6 come the end, but will be really, really tight. 

Also - people hoping we'll pick up 3pts at the Riverside this weekend - we haven't won away in 10 league games now... (5D, 5L)

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I cant see how we can get there with less than 10 points from these last four games.  Lose Saturday and it is all over

I agree.

The Hull game looks tougher now than it did a couple of weeks ago, as well.

Pretty much safe now, Hull seem to be playing with a lot of freedom. O.K., it was against Burton, but 5-0 away in any game at this level is no mean feat.

32 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I respectfully disagree here. A draw is little use for us imho. If Millwall win it would put us 5 adrift of them with 3 to go.. A Sheff Utd win would put us down to 9th or potentially even 11th depending on other results.. too many teams to overhaul for it to still be feasible. A point might be OK if it's a draw at Bramall Lane but we are running out of games to make up ground. We need to do more than just stay in touch at this stage.

I know the "must win game" thing has become a parody of itself recently but I really think 3 points is necessary for us to still be properly in the picture.

Boro will feel the same I'm sure so it should be an open attacking game. Im kinda excited! COYR

With Pulis?

Seriously though, if we can stop Traore, we will go come way to stopping Boro.  He is their spark.  Reminds me of Sako at Palace (ex Wolves), but more explosive.  Not as good technically though.

7 hours ago, The Enormous Turnip said:

Unbeaten in sixteen(!) league games is a really special run, and would be equally unsurprised if they just plough on through their final games picking up maximum points to be honest! I'd pick them alongside Derby (purely for their games in hand) for top 6 come the end, but will be really, really tight. 

Also - people hoping we'll pick up 3pts at the Riverside this weekend - we haven't won away in 10 league games now... (5D, 5L)

But we've never lost a league game at the Riverside...

Agree with others; if we can come through the Boro game undefeated we could retain a semblance of confidence and a little but crucial momentum into the final 3 fixtures. I think that should be enough for us to beat Hull at home. We have done quite well against Forest in recent times and as long as the team does not freeze on the day a narrow victory could set up a nerve wracking home fixture against the Blades; both teams on 72 points going into it with City on marginally the better goal difference. Avoid defeat and we will finish 6th on 73 points, 2 wins, 2 draws. 

These are not pie in the sky possibilities and are made slightly more likely because Millwall have a hugely difficult run in; no other team has remotely that challenge nor, at the same time, is any team nearly as important to us. If anyone is being offered the proverbial 9 lives its City but they have to finally grasp it. I have serious doubts they will. On the other hand will the ubiquitous 'Sheffield United are coming for us' finally be buried?

Unsurprisingly very even.

Slightly surprised Millwall are considered 4th favourites for the play offs by city fans as a group. I know they have a tough run in but they’re in such outstanding form and already occupy the 6th spot.

Likewise, surprised Derby are favourites by a reasonable distance. They’ve been on a downward trajectory and their game in hand is Cardiff. 

I opted for Millwall and Middlesbrough. 

Archived