Club walks away from FAN

Galley is our king

52 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

And if we tweek this slightly:

After 5 loan games :-

Fit Agile Natural Nice Young

When signed on a perm:

Fat And Nowhere Near Youthful

Speaking of which, how is the Forest bench-warmer doing?

He's not even a bench warmer anymore!

Silly comments aside. This is disgraceful behaviour from certain people at our club, that at the first sign of any kind of challenge from the fans, after they blatantly lied about “consulting” with us over season tickets, they decide they don’t actually want to consult with us anymore, as they don’t like the answers we’ve given them. 

1 minute ago, Dollymarie said:

Silly comments aside. This is disgraceful behaviour from certain people at our club, that at the first sign of any kind of challenge from the fans, after they blatantly lied about “consulting” with us over season tickets, they decide they don’t actually want to consult with us anymore, as they don’t like the answers we’ve given them. 

Any idea who made the decision and the reasoning behind it?

Bristol Sport is fast becoming a joke. To add to the PR disaster that was the City ST story, they've now released the Rugby ST prices, which have increased (understandably, given Prem rugby is back) but the press release confirmed that their "preferred" kick-off time was 3pm on a Saturday after "successful trials" this season. In fact, the highest gates have been for Friday night games and anyone who plays or supports local rugby is obviously unable to make a 3pm kick off on a saturday. Some serious beef from the Rugby lot about that. 

41 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Seems to be a lack of outrage about this.

Come on OTIB I want fire and fury!

The consultative fans body was an irrelevance to Bristol Sport. The indifference could be mirrored here. It is surprising that it took Bristol Sport so long to walk away from what they consider to be a inconvenience. 

7 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

The consultative fans body was an irrelevance to Bristol Sport. The indifference could be mirrored here. It is surprising that it took Bristol Sport so long to walk away from what they consider to be a inconvenience. 

Seems that way, for sure.

Was a bit surprised at the muted reaction, but it's JL's toy now increasingly and he's going to give it a good shake and play about with it as he sees fit.

SL, I think was a good chairman, a good owner. JL...far from convinced. Time will tell I guess.

All this serves to do is create more of an 'us versus them' mentality.

I think Jon L is quite happy with that to be honest. Judging by his tweets after the Cardiff flag debacle and his teasing polls about a possible new badge etc I think he quite likes winding the fan base up. Good luck to him, will get his comeuppance eventually 

27 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Bristol Sport is fast becoming a joke. To add to the PR disaster that was the City ST story, they've now released the Rugby ST prices, which have increased (understandably, given Prem rugby is back) but the press release confirmed that their "preferred" kick-off time was 3pm on a Saturday after "successful trials" this season. In fact, the highest gates have been for Friday night games and anyone who plays or supports local rugby is obviously unable to make a 3pm kick off on a saturday. Some serious beef from the Rugby lot about that. 

The Saturday games were Pat Lam’s choice.

16 minutes ago, RedM said:

The Saturday games were Pat Lam’s choice.

Source? The press release simply states: Following the successful trial of Saturday fixtures this season, which saw an increase in attendances at Ashton Gate, Bristol have allocated 3pm kick-offs on a Saturday as the preferred fixture time in 2018/19. Please note, this is subject to change due to television scheduling and football fixtures.

Hi @Bristol Rob

It's a tricky one for me to answer as I have only ever attended one FAN meeting since starting in role, so don't really have a view on how effective the group had been, other than what I had heard from other fans and club staff who had attended past meetings. 

Over the past month I have been talking with people from across FAN, SC&T and across the club to understand their views around this.  Communication was also discussed at the SC&T meeting last Wednesday where there were representatives of FAN, (both current & former members).

Off the back of that, my personal view is that I do think club should be looking at a way to talk to a wider demographic of fans to get a larger representative view from our fan base, and hopefully this will enable the club to focus on how to make this happen.

Matt

1 minute ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi @Bristol Rob

It's a tricky one for me to answer as I have only ever attended one FAN meeting since starting in role, so don't really have a view on how effective the group had been, other than what I had heard from other fans and club staff who had attended past meetings. 

Over the past month I have been talking with people from across FAN, SC&T and across the club to understand their views around this.  Communication was also discussed at the SC&T meeting last Wednesday where there were representatives of FAN, (both current & former members).

Off the back of that, my personal view is that I do think club should be looking at a way to talk to a wider demographic of fans to get a larger representative view from our fan base, and hopefully this will enable the club to focus on how to make this happen.

Matt

Thanks for the response @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO but you don't appear to have replied to the question raised.

27 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

All this serves to do is create more of an 'us versus them' mentality.

I think Jon L is quite happy with that to be honest. Judging by his tweets after the Cardiff flag debacle and his teasing polls about a possible new badge etc I think he quite likes winding the fan base up. Good luck to him, will get his comeuppance eventually 

There was a great thread on twitter that I RT'd yesterday about the owner of Barry Town, whether it was all true or not I don't know but it's a funny read as it was so bonkers. Worth a read if you've got a few minutes and fancy a laugh - it's via @22CVR_reborn called Barry Town Banter Era - sounds like the kind of bloke JL might aspire to become. 

1 hour ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi @Bristol Rob

Matt

Expertly dodged. Almost like you work with appeasing people on a daily basis!

Do you know who actually took this decision? Is it safe to assume it's the latest in a long line of Jon Lansdown's best efforts to piss off the fanbase?

1 hour ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi @Bristol Rob

Matt

Good luck with that one, Junior don't even want fans just customers. With every passing own goal I'm more than satisfied not to have renewed my season ticket.

So care to tell us who made the decision?

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

If true, then so much for all the bollox he spouts about 'the community' being so important to the club! More lip service...

@CyderInACanI cannot tell you my source, but I’m sure if you asked him he would say that. Very approachable bloke, try it. 

Just to be clear the choice of playing on a Saturday this season was down to Pat Lam, all I know it is/was  his preference, not sure how much influence he had or we would be playing every Saturday when the football is away, maybe we will be.

Am I right in thinking there are no dual ST cards this season, any football fan who goes away will miss the rugby if it’s played on a Saturday in general.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

@CyderInACanI cannot tell you my source, but I’m sure if you asked him he would say that. Very approachable bloke, try it. 

Just to be clear the choice of playing on a Saturday this season was down to Pat Lam, all I know it is/was  his preference, not sure how much influence he had or we would be playing every Saturday when the football is away.. Not sure what is happening regarding next season either.

How would @CyderInACan know who to ask if you can't name your contact?

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Expertly dodged. Almost like you work with appeasing people on a daily basis!

Do you know who actually took this decision? Is it safe to assume it's the latest in a long line of Jon Lansdown's best efforts to piss off the fanbase?

Every question is dodged that I see.

Thankless task but waste of space role if not going to bang the desks on fans behalf.

No different from previously.

Im sure I will get the standard “come and talk to me about your concerns” response now - yeah sure, cos I have my own precious time to waste discussing issues that won’t be addressed !!

6 hours ago, Cowshed said:

Fans are an inconvenience are they?

Well they are quick to expect them to be loyal and “show some more love” to the team.

This club may not know how to win promotion to the Premier League, but the they are right up there with pissing off their own fan base!

4 hours ago, RedM said:

Just to be clear the choice of playing on a Saturday this season was down to Pat Lam, all I know it is/was  his preference, not sure how much influence he had or we would be playing every Saturday when the football is away, maybe we will be.

Am I right in thinking there are no dual ST cards this season, any football fan who goes away will miss the rugby if it’s played on a Saturday in general.

Well I’m sure there’s will enough games switched to Friday and Sunday to make a fair spread but it does alienate the actual rugby-playing supporters somewhat! 

There aren’t dual STs but City ST Holders do get 10% off the cost of the Bris ST. 

So will yourself (@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO) or @AdamB or @Mkelly attend current SC&T meetings?

As this is our only source of vocal debate with the club now, I personally think it's vital that one of the above should attend. 

Seriously considering running for SC&T. Always held myself back as I'm like a dog with a bone, not afraid to voice my thoughts and opinions and I am not a 'yes' woman. For these reasons, I didn't want to jeopardise the formality surrounding both FAN and SCAT with my "more eloquent tone of persuasion". I think the word I'm looking for is I'm a bit of an anarchist but without the whole violence thing... strictly language and vocabulary only. The pen is mightier than the sword as they say...

@Septic Peg I swear like a trooper at SC&T meetings as others will vouch! They’re far from being “formal” events, unless they need to be.

Matt has attended our meetings since he was in post. Adam usually does come as well. Mark Kelly used to come, but hasn’t recently, and of course Julie attends every meeting as well.  

• Admin
14 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

So will yourself (@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO) or @AdamB or @Mkelly attend current SC&T meetings?

As this is our only source of vocal debate with the club now, I personally think it's vital that one of the above should attend. 

Seriously considering running for SC&T. Always held myself back as I'm like a dog with a bone, not afraid to voice my thoughts and opinions and I am not a 'yes' woman. For these reasons, I didn't want to jeopardise the formality surrounding both FAN and SCAT with my "more eloquent tone of persuasion". I think the word I'm looking for is I'm a bit of an anarchist but without the whole violence thing... strictly language and vocabulary only. The pen is mightier than the sword as they say...

Sounds perfect @Septic Peg

Archived