IGNORED

BCTV

class not gas

18 hours ago, tomo said:

Are you sure it will allow me to do this? 

Thinking back Sky Sports doesn't allow me to watch channels when abroad but then again, I subscribed in the UK....

If I subscribe on Portugal soil as soon as I get comfy in the apartment, surely it will allow me to have it for 1 month?

I only wanna watch the Boro game with a beer in the bar! 

Its all to do with your IP address, if you are using a mobile connection whilst abroad, assuming this is a Portuguese network (most networks piggyback off local connections whilst abroad) then you will receive a Portuguese IP address. Anyone who says that you will get an English IP address whilst abroad doesn't really know how IP's work (unless you are VPN'd back to a UK connection)

I have signed up here in the UK, then went on holiday to Spain. Using the hotels WiFi (which is a Spanish IP) and it works fine. 

Sky is the opposite as they dont allow you to use their apps unless you have an English IP, so if you wanted to watch sky whilst abroad you would need to VPN to an English connection.

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 17:36, Sarumred said:

Agreed, it's not very clear. I paid for the audio version last year (I live outside the RB area) but not sure if my subscription will automatically renew for this coming season. Any ideas anyone?

You can get RB via the BBC website if exiled:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p00fzl75#on-now

40 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

You can get RB via the BBC website if exiled:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p00fzl75#on-now

They didn’t have the rights to play commentary over the internet though and you had to subscribe to the City site to listen. Presume it will be the same this season. Hope it works - I can’t currently get into BCTV+ via the app and via the website you are just directed to your account details! Hoping ok on Saturday!

7 minutes ago, eardun said:

They didn’t have the rights to play commentary over the internet though and you had to subscribe to the City site to listen. Presume it will be the same this season. Hope it works - I can’t currently get into BCTV+ via the app and via the website you are just directed to your account details! Hoping ok on Saturday!

Ahh didn't realise.

Archived