IGNORED

who recalls when the Dolman stand "moved "

Not long after the Dolman opened, a strong wind blew and the transparent sheeting at the ends was blown off.

This was an evening game v Oxford. The East End started a chant "We've got the rubble end"!

13 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

A few years back when we scored and a cloud of dust appeared.

This makes interesting reading

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/seismologists-measure-nou-camp-vibrations-after-messi-goals-n77pf68mr

Various games. Hartlepool semi. 

Worst ive found was the Palace game. 

Quite unnerving to be honest!!

2 hours ago, bcfcshorey said:

Wasn’t the last min equaliser against West Brom one? Bradley Orr scored and we were top of the league. Think that was one of the games that led to Chelsea Dagger not being played anymore.

I remember that game....but mostly because the referee was called Trevor Kettle!! He reached boiling point during the second half....

That Hartlepool  semi final  The moment it shook   still sends shivers down me even now   I had never heard so much noise , I Canalso recall listening to an interview  the next day which the ref Graham Poll  claimed he had never  reffed  a match with so much atmosphere  And he does the top matches around the world

8 hours ago, cityred exile said:

That Hartlepool  semi final  The moment it shook   still sends shivers down me even now   I had never heard so much noise , I Canalso recall listening to an interview  the next day which the ref Graham Poll  claimed he had never  reffed  a match with so much atmosphere  And he does the top matches around the world

"Despite my refereeing experiences around the world, I cannot recall a greater contrast between players than at the final whistle. Bristol City, who had scored two late goals to qualify, were ecstatic, while all connected with Hartlepool were in despair. The noise within the stadium when the two home goals went in was incredible and compared favourably with a full Nou Camp for a Champions League quarter-final."

8 hours ago, cityred exile said:

I think he he had been at the Nou camp a few days earlier for a EC tie and said AG was louder when Roberts scored ....

I was always worried about the Dolman after that "Tremor" .....after all it was designed to have supporters sat applauding not 1000's jumping around ...

52 minutes ago, Offside said:

I was in the Atyeo for that Hartlepool game and I can remember seeing clouds of dust around the Dolman after the winning goal went in.

I remember that too.

@Fodbarmyarmy

Nou Camp is known to have a top team and be a top ground, but not too much atmosphere. Not to diminish our atmosphere that evening though, and crazy when those goals went in! Though I think for consistent noise, the Palace semi atmosphere was probably better.

8 hours ago, Offside said:

I was in the Atyeo for that Hartlepool game and I can remember seeing clouds of dust around the Dolman after the winning goal went in.

That may have been me. I experienced a most awkward shart when that goal went in.

I first started going to City games when I was about 9 (26 years ago) used to sit in the dolman, But I've got a cloudy memory of being where the atyeo is once... and it was all standing with bars at the front!? I'm told that, that used to be the old away end? Did I dream it, or was I against city for one game?? 

11 hours ago, Mr Yoda said:

"Despite my refereeing experiences around the world, I cannot recall a greater contrast between players than at the final whistle. Bristol City, who had scored two late goals to qualify, were ecstatic, while all connected with Hartlepool were in despair. The noise within the stadium when the two home goals went in was incredible and compared favourably with a full Nou Camp for a Champions League quarter-final."

Great quote that.

Wasnt one of the Hartlepool players Dopey Darrell himself?

13 minutes ago, South-of-river said:

I first started going to City games when I was about 9 (26 years ago) used to sit in the dolman, But I've got a cloudy memory of being where the atyeo is once... and it was all standing with bars at the front!? I'm told that, that used to be the old away end? Did I dream it, or was I against city for one game?? 

Yes it was an open terrace with fences at the front. The terrace was split into three sections. There was an area for segregation left empty in the middle, away fans were on the Dolman side of the terrace and home fans on the Williams Stand side.

22 hours ago, bcfcshorey said:

Wasn’t the last min equaliser against West Brom one? Bradley Orr scored and we were top of the league. Think that was one of the games that led to Chelsea Dagger not being played anymore.

City fan called into 606; we can't sprinkle money around like chocolate chips but we sure are competing with the big boys. 

Archived