IGNORED

Pulis

GrahamC

Unless you are at least 30, (which nowadays means probably half our support), you will have little understanding of our history with him.

I’ve watched City for approaching 50 years now (bloody hell!) and honestly have never seen anyone (not Osman or any of the incompetents, like Lumsden or Fawthrop) anywhere near as unpopular as that vile bloke.

Gas, Welsh, he played boring long ball shit, 0-0 after 0-0, masses of expensive, injury prone signings, an assistant manager who was even more Gas than him, and incredibly who was seen wearing a Rovers shirt whilst he was employed by us.

Whatever happens in the other three games I really hope we beat that fucker tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Unless you are at least 30, (which nowadays means probably half our support), you will have little understanding of our history with him.

I’ve watched City for approaching 50 years now (bloody hell!) and honestly have never seen anyone (not Osman or any of the incompetents, like Lumsden or Fawthrop) anywhere near as unpopular as that vile bloke.

Gas, Welsh, he played boring long ball shit, 0-0 after 0-0, masses of expensive, injury prone signings, an assistant manager who was even more Gas than him, and incredibly who was seen wearing a Rovers shirt whilst he was employed by us.

Whatever happens in the other three games I really hope we beat that fucker tomorrow.

Him and Osman were the worst managers in my lifetime and that’s saying something. As clueless and boring as Osman was, we did beat Liverpool, Lumsden gave us Jacki and Fawthrop took us to Wembley. Pulis did nothing other than set the club back god knows how long.

1 minute ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Agreed, but a good manager, and he will make Boro hard to break down.

I'm not even sure about that.

He does seem to have had a knack in making teams more secure defensively, but this has come at the expense of some pretty boring football: I suppose it depends on how you define a 'good manager'.

Of course, in so far as it concerns our own relationship with Mr TP, there was always the Rovers connection and the underlying suspicion that he was receiving 'personal financial benefits' from his transfer dealings that might not have been beneficial to the club.

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

he was manager for something like 16 home games, never lost one but drew (I think) 7 of them 0-0. Danny Wilson lost the first three when following him, but was treated like the messiah. TP was that bad.

I genuinely walked out of a game 30 minutes in at 1-1 because the football was so bad under that bloke. It wasn’t just that game, it was the culmination. 

When Pompey were mug enough to take him it was like a cloud was lifted from our club. IIRC next game was Bmuff away, we played some of the youngsters and attacked, and won 3-2 having tried to spend the season defending against the likes of Cambridge and pumping long balls from Lavin to Tango man.

Absolute Belter. And baseball caps at the age of 60. Have a ****ing word with yourself man. Only saving grace is that unlike elsewhere we didn’t have to employ his son 

18 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I'm not even sure about that.

He does seem to have had a knack in making teams more secure defensively, but this has come at the expense of some pretty boring football: I suppose it depends on how you define a 'good manager'.

Of course, in so far as it concerns our own relationship with Mr TP, there was always the Rovers connection and the underlying suspicion that he was receiving 'personal financial benefits' from his transfer dealings that might not have been beneficial to the club.

Didn’t Gillingham take him to court for this ? I’m sure it was reported when he joined us ?

Agree about everything said about him. 

5 minutes ago, daored said:

Didn’t Gillingham take him to court for this ? I’m sure it was reported when he joined us ?

Being careful here in the way I word this...

My recollection is that Pulis has in his contract (allegedly) that he realised a percentage of the fee received on players his club sold as acknowledgement for his part in their development. It’s more common now but he was certainly one of the first alleged to have that clause.

The Gillingham issue I think was alleged to concern Akinbiyi. You may remember AA was here when Pulis was appointed (and indeed it was alleged that one of the reasons we chose him was to try and persuade AA to stay). Shortly after arrival, we sold AA to Wolves for I think £3.5m. Gillingham were due a cut of that, and the allegation was that Pulis asked for a percentage of that cut in the Wolves sale. As he’d left under a cloud at Gills, if true, that wouldn’t have gone down well!!

Appointing Pulis as manager and Lyndsay Parsons as his assistant left me speechless as we embarked upon the worst period I've ever experienced watching City (and I'm up to c 55 years now).

I'm a pretty even tempered gigalo but I hate and despise Pulis with a passion. I hope that we stuff 'em by ten tomorrow, resulting in his immediate dismissal.

I notice btw @GrahamC that OTIB approves the use of "fucker" when its used as an adjective to describe Pulis! Good to know.

16 minutes ago, daored said:

Will try to avoid any possibility of saying something litigious.

It is a matter of record though that whilst manager there he went into a meeting with Gillingham’s chairman with a microphone concealed in his trousers to try and secretly record the conversation.

Clearly a totally honest sort of bloke..

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Will try to avoid any possibility of saying something litigious.

It is a matter of record though that whilst manager there he went into a meeting with Gillingham’s chairman with a microphone concealed in his trousers to try and secretly record the conversation.

Clearly a totally honest sort of bloke..

The microphone in his trousers was merely to amplify Pulis' voice because as we know, he talks out of his arse.

14 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Knows the game inside out, and I fear will know too much for Lee and Co: Very good coach, despite what some say, you don't manage at the top level for so long unless you have something, the fact that he is ex Gas and was pants with us shouldn't be an issue. Would take a draw right now....

You would think that.

Who remembers the mural?

If it was good enough for Frankie Howerd it’s good enough for Tony Pulis.

Or is my failing memory playing tricks?

Up there with that other horrible man - Osman.

He was another fucker. Gave me shit for 90 minutes when I was 4th official. Bastard.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Being careful here in the way I word this...

My recollection is that Pulis has in his contract (allegedly) that he realised a percentage of the fee received on players his club sold as acknowledgement for his part in their development. It’s more common now but he was certainly one of the first alleged to have that clause.

The Gillingham issue I think was alleged to concern Akinbiyi. You may remember AA was here when Pulis was appointed (and indeed it was alleged that one of the reasons we chose him was to try and persuade AA to stay). Shortly after arrival, we sold AA to Wolves for I think £3.5m. Gillingham were due a cut of that, and the allegation was that Pulis asked for a percentage of that cut in the Wolves sale. As he’d left under a cloud at Gills, if true, that wouldn’t have gone down well!!

No particular need to be careful - much of TP's 'dodgy dealings' is a matter of public record.

I think you will find this also involved Jim Corbett, a Gillingham player sold to Blackburn, but the issue also involves Paul Scally (Gillingham's Chairman at the time) and, regrettably, our own SL!

A fellow poster on here would be able to provide more details, though you may find the following articles interesting. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2001/apr/27/newsstory.sport1

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/scally-ill-never-forget-116642/

Should you read the articles, you will no doubt form your own opinion, but my own opinion is that Paul Scally emerges with his reputation intact and, to a large extent IMO, this also explains his apparent dislike/distrust of BCFC and his disinclination to sanction/support the sale to City of Bradley Dack.  

Archived