IGNORED

Pulis

GrahamC

• Admin
6 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Who remembers the mural?

If it was good enough for Frankie Howerd it’s good enough for Tony Pulis.

Or is my failing memory playing tricks?

Up there with that other horrible man - Osman.

He was another fucker. Gave me shit for 90 minutes when I was 4th official. Bastard.

Yeah it was sprayed on the side of a shop "If it was good enough for Frankie Howerd then it's good enough for Pulis. Up Pompei"

He admitted becoming manager of Bristol City wasn't the best idea for a stalwart of Bristol Rovers.

"I was picking up the paper and reading about Bristol Rovers, not Bristol City, even though I was Bristol City manager.

"They never liked me. We won our first game 5-1 and I still got booed off."

16 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

True; its even harder to understand why we appointed him.

If it had worked out imagine how happy the Gas would have been as their ' own ' took the Reds into the top League .

:yes:

On thème , I have rarely known anything as toxic as the atmosphere at the club during his stint as boss.

One of the rare moments when the majority were hoping we'd get thumped just to get TP the sack .

In the history of bad appointments this must rank up there with nice King Herod as baby sitter .

2 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Agreed, but a good manager, and he will make Boro hard to break down.

Only if short-termism, getting a result tomorrow, is a club's priority. In all other respects he's a terrible manager. 

He might get Boro into the play-offs or even promoted this season or next. But in the long run they'll end up with a terrible playing style, alienated fans, a squad full of old, one dimensional players, a non-existent youth policy etc etc.

Not sure any of that can be described as "good"!    

53 minutes ago, Abingdon Red said:

It's still hard to believe that we appointed him over David Moyes and Peter Taylor, both of whom were rising stars at the time and respected by many in the game.

Pulis had a near 44% win rate at Gillingham, that's why, and to date his stats certainly make impressive reading, but let's not let facts get in the way of Myth. He is a defensive coach though, and his draw stats are I think the highest of all coaches, it certainly was with us, and I suffered many a dull 0-0 too. Currently he highest win ratio is.... 

Middlesborough :yes:

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Unless you are at least 30, (which nowadays means probably half our support), you will have little understanding of our history with him.

I’ve watched City for approaching 50 years now (bloody hell!) and honestly have never seen anyone (not Osman or any of the incompetents, like Lumsden or Fawthrop) anywhere near as unpopular as that vile bloke.

Gas, Welsh, he played boring long ball shit, 0-0 after 0-0, masses of expensive, injury prone signings, an assistant manager who was even more Gas than him, and incredibly who was seen wearing a Rovers shirt whilst he was employed by us.

Whatever happens in the other three games I really hope we beat that fucker tomorrow.

We only had six 0-0’s under Pulis (!!) and we also had a 5-2 and a 4-4!

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Yeah it was sprayed on the side of a shop "If it was good enough for Frankie Howerd then it's good enough for Pulis. Up Pompei"

He admitted becoming manager of Bristol City wasn't the best idea for a stalwart of Bristol Rovers.

"I was picking up the paper and reading about Bristol Rovers, not Bristol City, even though I was Bristol City manager.

We lost our first game 2-1 at  Reading under Pulis didn’t we?!

1 hour ago, phantom said:

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We lost our first game 2-1 at  Reading under Pulis didn’t we?!

You see Pulis? You just can't help but lie.

You should have known that you would never get the better of our in-house, fact-infatuated pedant, BS4 on Tour!

Sorry @BS4 on Tour.... No Offence intended ;).

Unless you are at least 30, (which nowadays means probably half our support), you will have little understanding of our history with him.

I’ve watched City for approaching 50 years now (bloody hell!) and honestly have never seen anyone (not Osman or any of the incompetents, like Lumsden or Fawthrop) anywhere near as unpopular as that vile bloke.

Gas, Welsh, he played boring long ball shit, 0-0 after 0-0, masses of expensive, injury prone signings, an assistant manager who was even more Gas than him, and incredibly who was seen wearing a Rovers shirt whilst he was employed by us.

Whatever happens in the other three games I really hope we beat that fucker tomorrow.

I cannot like this enough.  Despise the man.  

Out for himself as evidenced by his underhand cuts in deals from selling prize players at clubs he was at.  As well as his shenanigans at Palace.  

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

No particular need to be careful - much of TP's 'dodgy dealings' is a matter of public record.

Indeed, when the corrupt, dishonest swine was most recently in court for conning millions out of a football club in November 2016, even the judge said “his conduct...has been shown to be disgraceful”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/28/tony-pulis-crystal-palace-appeal

Detestable, vile piece of shit, it was a happy day when he slimed out of our club.

I remember going with my dad and sitting in the Dolman for a change (can't remember why), I think we were playing Hull City, it was awful, so boring. At some point in the 1st half there was a throw in, the ball went to David Seal and he absolutely smashed one into the top corner from about 30 yards out. We spent the rest of the game wondering why they didn't give him the ball again. My suggestion was that Tiny thought we had our quota of entertainment for the day. 

Definitely my least favourite City manager by some distance, not only because the football was completely dire but also because he was a joyless git who had no affinity with our club.

4 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

When Pompey were mug enough to take him it was like a cloud was lifted from our club. IIRC next game was Bmuff away, we played some of the youngsters and attacked, and won 3-2 having tried to spend the season defending against the likes of Cambridge and pumping long balls from Lavin to Tango man.

That game at Bournemouth still ranks as one of my favourite away games. There was a joyous atmosphere in the pub before the game and on the away terrace with City fans celebrating his departure. Great game as well.

1 hour ago, Offside said:

Definitely my least favourite City manager by some distance, not only because the football was completely dire but also because he was a joyless git who had no affinity with our club.

That game at Bournemouth still ranks as one of my favourite away games. There was a joyous atmosphere in the pub before the game and on the away terrace with City fans celebrating his departure. Great game as well.

I wasn't there but remember listening to the Radio Bristol phone in afterwards. First caller came on and Twentyman asked him what his thoughts on the game were, the bloke replied "only one word Geoff, TRIFFIC!"

His unpopularity hit new heights when, after spunking 400k on that donkey Steve Jones, he only went and signed ex gas Peter Beadle from Notts County who had dubious history at Ashton Gate with the sags. I think Beadle scored and I think it was the least celebrated goal at Ashton Gate I have ever witnessed.

Obviously Beadle went on to become a cult hero here but once again tiny penis showed his class and complete disregard to all associated with the club. Having Lyndsay Parsons as his assistant, what was that all about?

At one point during his tenure I was convinced, because of his gas roots, that he was systematically undermining the whole club.

I have a West Brom friend who refused to watch his club whilst "triffic tone" was in charge such was his impact.

There is nothing I would like more than seeing him miss out on the play offs.

1 minute ago, Swede said:

His unpopularity hit new heights when, after spunking 400k on that donkey Steve Jones, he only went and signed ex gas Peter Beadle from Notts County who had dubious history at Ashton Gate with the sags. I think Beadle scored and I think it was the least celebrated goal at Ashton Gate I have ever witnessed.

Obviously Beadle went on to become a cult hero here but once again tiny penis showed his class and complete disregard to all associated with the club. Having Lyndsay Parsons as his assistant, what was that all about?

At one point during his tenure I was convinced, because of his gas roots, that he was systematically undermining the whole club.

I have a West Brom friend who refused to watch his club whilst "triffic tone" was in charge such was his impact.

There is nothing I would like more than seeing him miss out on the play offs.

I`ve often thought this. His hatred of us ran so deep that he was trying to destroy the club from within.

I wonder if he`ll ever write a memoir.

3 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

If he does perhaps we could arrange for him to hold a book signing in the Three Lions?

I don't think it could be called "The Vagina Chronicles" as somebody already has book by that name out so what about changing the wording slightly to "The Chronicles of a Vagina"

There, that's better.

9 hours ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Him and Osman were the worst managers in my lifetime and that’s saying something. As clueless and boring as Osman was, we did beat Liverpool, Lumsden gave us Jacki and Fawthrop took us to Wembley. Pulis did nothing other than set the club back god knows how long.

Not disagreeing but surely SOD needs a mention!

7 hours ago, EmissionImpossible said:

I remember booing Osman when as manager he scored for us, which I regret but If Pulis had scored I think the whole stand would have emptied and gone home.

I was booing as well...... I really think current managers have it so easy now. Can you imagine going on a shocking run like we have twice under LJ 25 years ago. Frustrations were taken out on match day not on a smartphone! I don’t despise LJ like I did Pulis or Osman by the way. 

I recollect reading Steve Lansdown remains friendly with him and I am surprised at that.  Some managers can be pantomime villains (Neil Warnock) and are quite amusing characters that add a bit of harmless entertainment to football, others are just villains.  With regard to Pulis;  ex-Rovers,  horrendous unwatchable football with a greedy and malicious way of conducting himself with his business dealings.  The Middlesborough game might define our season and couldn't be more important regardless of personalities, but even with the high stakes I still want us to beat them just that fraction more because of their manager.

Archived