IGNORED

Can we please now forget about the play-offs!!!

nickolas

Baker has been amazing and is a very high-quality Championship CB. Fammy has pretty much provided a goal every other game he has been involved in so  - despite the ridiculous recent criticism - has been a fantastic signing who has had a great season.Brownhill has made massive progress since being here and if you think he's had a poor season I'm not sure what to say to you. Paterson is streaky and has been poor 2nd half of the season but showed in the 1st half what a good player he can be. Djuric has played consistently well whenever he has been fit enough. Mags started poorly but made massive progress and won over loads of doubters - looks like he will be very good at this level. Wright has played the majority of the season out of position and has acquitted himself fantastically. 

They are all good players who have contributed a lot this season. If you don't think that I think those are successful signing it says a lot about the ridiculous level of expectation that many fans have. 

It’s going to be an extremely interesting next 6 months. The club are under huge pressure to deliver after the hideous January business, the summers ins and outs will be massive. How we start next season will also be massive. If LJ carries our 2018 form on and we are down there again come November I think he will be gone.

18 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And you see all those  as good buys do you ?

If they are the ‘successes’ ...... 

Says a lot IMHO

Baker has been amazing and is a very high-quality Championship CB. Fammy has pretty much provided a goal every other game he has been involved in so  - despite the ridiculous recent criticism - has been a fantastic signing who has had a great season.Brownhill has made massive progress since being here and if you think he's had a poor season I'm not sure what to say to you. Paterson is streaky and has been poor 2nd half of the season but showed in the 1st half what a good player he can be. Djuric has played consistently well whenever he has been fit enough. Mags started poorly but made massive progress and won over loads of doubters - looks like he will be very good at this level. Wright has played the majority of the season out of position and has acquitted himself fantastically. 

They are all good players who have contributed a lot this season. If you don't think that I think those are successful signing it says a lot about the ridiculous level of expectation that many fans have.

4 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Needless to say I don’t , or certainly nowhere near the degree you clearly do and they are the claimed big successes - says a lot

Q for you - The first three names on your team sheet .......?

9 points will probably see us in the play offs, so its not technically over. We got 9 points in the same fixtures earlier in the season.

But more than likely we will finish 11th, behind Millwall, Sheff Utd, Brentford and Preston. And from 2nd at half way, the players and management deserve to be put in the stocks.

Just as they deserved to be feated as heroes at half way, which they were.

When I done the score predictions the other day I had us to lose this one.  Gutted that we threw away a 1-0 lead though and was hoping we would hold on like a few seasons back when Bryan scored after the early minutes up there. 

Preston has sneaked right into it again, and hopefully we start to become like them challenging around and flirting with the play offs. Not go back to our normal flirting with relegation.

4 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Ried, Fielding, Baker.

So one out the glorious 3O

I would strongly suggest  if we did a poll most would also pick Flint , Smith Bryan or Pack As well

Theres a theme there 

Putting it the other way - out of all those recruited who if anyone has significantly impacted or improved us

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I would strongly suggest  if we did a poll most would also pick Flint , Smith Bryan or Pack As well

Theres a theme there 

Putting it the other way - out of all those recruited who if anyone has significantly impacted or improved us

Most people's starting line up would have Pisano/Wright, Baker, Brownhill and/or O'Dowda and Fammy in it that's at least 4 players which is over a 3rd of the team. Add to that the fact that players like Pack, Smith, Bryan, Flint, Fielding have improved immensely since LJ was here and you have evidence of good coaching and improved competition for places improving things at the club. Fielding has undoubtedly got better due to continued challenges for his shirt. 

Tammy last year had a huge impact, Baker has massively improved our back line and Fammy consistently gets goals even if his play doesn't look pretty. When in form Paterson has also been fantastic. LJ moving Ried upfront has also transformed him as a player. It's not perfect but it's a long long way from a disaster. 

22 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Theres a theme there 

However you could also say Flint, Bryan and Pack have all gotten better since LJ got here, Reid especially is like a new signing given you omitted him by saying 1/3. LJ also gets the best out of Smith (rather than saying he's improved him like the others). The other thing, if Flint, Smith, Bryan etc are our best players why would be go about replacing them? We're trying to bring the other positions up to that level. Why do first 3 names on the teamsheet matter? Its the strength of the XI as a whole. Looking at players who have improved us Pisano, at the start looked like he was that level but unfortunate with the injury, Brownhill probably would be one of my first names on the teamsheet, good quality and can still get better. Diedhiou (and Abraham) show we can recruit strikers well, his scoring rate is very good if you look at his season overall despite and injury in the middle. O'Dowda looks like he could go on to be excellent at this level if he can get himself to his pre-christmas form again. 

So Baker, Diedhiou, Pisano, Brownhill, the conversion of Reid (practically a new signing), O'Dowda and you're practically talking half a team. This isn't including the likes of Pato, Steele, Wright who are solid enough at this level and improve the quality of our match day squad. 

22 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

9 points will probably see us in the play offs, so its not technically over. We got 9 points in the same fixtures earlier in the season.

But more than likely we will finish 11th, behind Millwall, Sheff Utd, Brentford and Preston. And from 2nd at half way, the players and management deserve to be put in the stocks.

Just as they deserved to be feated as heroes at half way, which they were.

9 points will see us in the Top 6! :fingerscrossed:

Will keep the faith until......this time next week when we have just lost at home to the Hull!

1 hour ago, Murraysrightplum said:

It was slim before this game, virtually nil now. Time for LJ and co to figure out what went wrong after Xmas. He always says ‘we will learn from this’ so let’s hope so

He didn't seem to have learnt anything from last seasons drought, so what gives you any hope that he'll learn from this year? 

I fear this season is over for City after promising so much only four months ago.

OK, three games to go, let's use them.Looking through the club's history, as I like to do, April 1968 (it doesn't really seem fifty years ago). Having ensured the club were neither going up nor down, Alan Dicks gave debuts to promising youngsters Barry Watling in goal and Geoff Merrick in midfield for the next game; a 4-2 win at Villa. For the final game Mike Mahoney, another young goalie made his debut.

LJ: make the most of the opportunity the last three games have presented you.

To be clear, I've been forgetting about them for a while now ever since the change in form following the Wolves game (and I've taken some critisism for prediction a 10th or 11th finish). It's been clear that our performances (despite the odd win) have not in anyway deserved to make the Playoffs.

My expectation has been firmly set since then but I'll still fully support the team on match day and I don't have a problem with anyone else's hopes that we'll sneak in.

On to next season.

52 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Theres a theme there 

Stop it Bob, you’re ruining my end of season "recruitment review" post that i’m Writing. :P

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Stop it Bob, you’re ruining my end of season "recruitment review" post that i’m Writing. :P

Look forward to it mate

Said a number of times 

To follow this ethos and stabilise in Upper half of Championship , let alone progress  we need IMHO

Excellent recruitment

and

Excellent coaching / management 

You couldn’t do one on the coaching / management too could you ;)

1 hour ago, BCFC Richard said:

Ried, Fielding, Baker.

Fielding?! :facepalm:

if we are to improve again going forward, in the supposed style LJ wants, playing out from the back, a new GK capable of this is a must and FF needs to be relegated to no 2 i’m afraid. 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Theres a theme there 

The worrying thing about picking all of these is the majority WERENT signed by LJ, despite £20m spent, with a lot of his signings not making squads/bench regularly. 

Spending these vast sums for hardly any use of players is bemusing and i fear we’ll be in for more this summer. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

And? 

Remind me where we were this time last season? 

You cannot keep pointing at that.

Yes we are higher, obviously, but last season we finished strongly and built on that this season.

Current trend is finishing rather poorly and unless we bring in quality and retain the 12 or so decent championship level squad players we currently have we may well start next season poorly and not have the ability to rally late on.

Yes we have progressed but can you truly hand on heart state you feel that upward trend is on the cards for next season? 

The only measurement of progress is NOT the final league table in a year on year competition - I can’t quite believe you cannot see that?

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

And? 

Remind me where we were this time last season? 

Last season we had Tammy Abraham, Lee Tomlin and Adam Matthews. My point? Last year is irrelevant. This season we proved we can play brave positive football then proceeded to play passive negative football culminating in us dropping to 11th from as high up as second. It has been an epic collapse.

The board, the staff and the players all not good enough since the turn of the year. I’m sorry, I can’t be 100% positive about this season when we have had a 15-20 game stretch of bottom 6 form. That isn’t progress that is reason to worry. An 8-10 game span? Ok but when 50% of your season is relegation form, there is a big problem

4 minutes ago, Neo said:

Why not? 

Yes we are higher, obviously, but last season we finished strongly and built on that this season.

Current trend is finishing rather poorly and unless we bring in quality and retain the 12 or so decent championship level squad players we currently have we may well start next season poorly and not have the ability to rally late on.

Next season is pure speculation Neo. If any of us were good at it we'd all be very wealthy. 

Yes we have progressed but can you truly hand on heart state you feel that upward trend is on the cards for next season? 

Im an optimist so yes I can see further upward progress next season.

The only measurement of progress is NOT the final league table in a year on year competition - I can’t quite believe you cannot see that?

Surely the position your club finishes in come seasons end reflects how you've done over 46 games. This season we will finish higher than last and in my eyes that's progress.

17 minutes ago, Neo said:

Glad I’m not on my own

47 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Glad I’m not on my own

Too many happy :clap:ers still bigging up a shocking 4 months. 

If we start like this last 4 months next season we will be in for a tough one. 

Managers talk of momentum into the following season, just a few wins etc. Well losing momentum is worse. 

Impending losses of i reckon 2 of Flint, Reid and Bryan means we’ll be weaker straight away and be assuming we spend the profits..........hopefully not on more benchers and loaness to other clubs! 

You dont get to choose your good seasons  , we’ve fcuked this one up big time!

2 hours ago, nickolas said:

Fielding?! :facepalm:

if we are to improve again going forward, in the supposed style LJ wants, playing out from the back, a new GK capable of this is a must and FF needs to be relegated to no 2 i’m afraid. 

The question was first names on the team sheet. With the other GK's available Fielding is the best we have. 

Archived