IGNORED

Conspiracy.

Major Isewater

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Arguably our two best performers are taken off .

Djuric , who scored and was putting the fear of Bob in the heart of Boro's defence .

Kelly who was making life very hard  for Traoré , their best player . 

Not to mention the timing of the substitutions, a Boro attacking throw. 

Why ? 

Totally.... 

As I've said on another thread LJ thinking he's smarter than he really isn't. 

32 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Djuric , who scored and was putting the fear of Bob in the heart of Boro's defence .

Why ? 

Freudian self-sabotage, Major, driven by unconscious guilt, as the son approaches the point where he will, or can, or might, outdo the father. ie, a win today and we could still top Gary's 74 points in 2008, and make the play-offs, and be promoted.

LJ will never get us there - as Freud knew a century ago.

Looked like traore had Kelly on toast for me accept he didn't get much help from Bobby who is no LM, completely agreed with that change. And as for Djuric, not sure he is capable of 90 minutes, maybe the wrong decision to take him off over diedhou but we could have been facing any number of injuries, cards or other permutations at the time djuric was taken off and diedhou is obviously the more mobile of the two.

45 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Why ? 

It is indeed beyond bizarre. Were either injured? Arguably, as you say, our two most effective players. If we were second best in the first half we were a downright Shakespearean tragedy in the second; Double double toil and trouble... LJ created his very own at the interval.

2 minutes ago, tezOfCity said:

Looked like traore had Kelly on toast for me accept he didn't get much help from Bobby who is no LM, completely agreed with that change. And as for Djuric, not sure he is capable of 90 minutes, maybe the wrong decision to take him off over diedhou but we could have been facing any number of injuries, cards or other permutations at the time djuric was taken off and diedhou is obviously the more mobile of the two.

After being skinned once or twice Kelly worked out how to play him .

I think it was Twentyman who said that Traore is the quickest player in the league over ten yards .

I thought Kelly stuck admirably well to his task .

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He made the wrong calls, once again.

Don't see a conspiracy tbh- just poor substitutions, tactical awareness and game management.

Lets be more emphatic... Why would a manager take off the two stand out players, assuming neither were injured? I am giving LJ the benefit of the doubt here and saying both were injured. They must have been. Any other reason simply does not stack up for a competent manager.

3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Lets be more emphatic... Why would a manager take off the two stand out players, assuming neither were injured? I am giving LJ the benefit of the doubt here and saying both were injured. They must have been. Any other reason simply does not stack up for a competent manager.

May well have been injured, or carrying knocks.

Some of his changes are badly thought out, bordering on inept. I wasn't there yesterday but from accounts again the subs were baffling. Couple of weeks ago he swapped FD for Djuric in a game we had given the strikers no service and if you go back over his time here it's a regular theme.
I don't think there is any point in calling for his head, or saying so and so would do a job. We are stuck with him until he finally has a full season of poor results, which looks more likely than making a concerted effort for the top 6. Year on year we have long poor runs, I agree with posts on here that say the players are just as much to blame but. It is a coaches /managers job to gel the side, get them playing and shake them out of poor runs, that is the sole reason the coach is the coach. He used to tinker too much, he learnt, what we have to hope is that he has learnt from this year too. My continuing worry is, if we don't start like a train next year then if we do continue the trend of downing tools after Christmas , we will slide inevitably into relegation.  We have ended up playing hoof ball to short strikers because we have lost all shape and pattern to our play, what do they do all week? 
There is a good chance we will lose players in the summer, obviously these will be our better players and with our recent track record in recruitment I am not optimistic , I hope I'm wrong.

Archived