IGNORED

Hello LJ bashers, (not so) good to see you again ...

reddogkev

Ok call this a spot of fishing if you like, but I see the LJ bashers are back.  Where do you guys go when City win a game?

I am angry the club lost 2-1 today, but we all know we aren't ready for the play-offs this season, yet we all know it is a great season nonetheless.

YOU DON'T NEED TO CRITICISE A MANAGER AFTER EVERY BAD RESULT!!

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Ok call this a spot of fishing if you like, but I see the LJ bashers are back.  Where do you guys go when City win a game?

I am angry the club lost 2-1 today, but we all know we aren't ready for the play-offs this season, yet we all know it is a great season nonetheless.

I go to the pub when we win because i'm in a good mood.  I was quite happy giving the praise when we were winning whilst playing well, couldnt get overly excited after last weeks win though.

Interesting how LJ does roughly the same thing in both halves of the season. In one half the team performs and the other they don't. He gets slated or made a hero, not the players. Pretty sure they are the ones that score the goals, make the tackles etc? :blink: Always gets me that one. (I do appreciate he has input and therefore deserves a share, before someone says that!)

11 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Bit like those with rose tinted tunnelled vision who had us nailed on for promotion a few months back , then it was the play offs ...........

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Bit like those with rose tinted tunnelled vision who had us nailed on for promotion a few months back , then it was the play offs ...........

Shut up. That’s me you’re talking about!

I put the curse on the P word when I bought 2 more half season tickets so I could have 6 all in a row.

I’m the one to blame. Not Little Lee. Or Brown Shoes Ashton. Or the Investor.

It’s all down to me......

40 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

But we looked very ready at Xmas time. So LJ has to take a lot of blame for why we've gone down the pan. 

BTW I'm neither a LJ basher or supporter. I think he is ok but doesn't seem to learn and ultimately that will see him out the door I think. 

And credit for getting us there too, surely?

And doesn't the fact that on the whole this season has been a big improvement from last, suggest he does learn?

Not trying to wind you or anyone up, just thought 'twas worth stating......

1 minute ago, steveybadger said:

And credit for getting us there too, surely?

And doesn't the fact that on the whole this season has been a big improvement from last, suggest he does learn?

Not trying to wind you or anyone up, just thought 'twas worth stating......

Of course which is why I've said he should get next season. My concern is he isn't learning how to get us out of a slump as above. 

6 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Of course which is why I've said he should get next season. My concern is he isn't learning how to get us out of a slump as above. 

Well, on reflection, it turns out there aren't (m)any LJ bashers or they'd be all over my OP!  Nothing to see here.

With respect your comment, I don't believe you can learn how to get players out of a slump / loss of form.  It's all a mental thing for the playing staff and is basically down to fear and loss of confidence.

Normally such slumps last an entire season and contribute to a team being relegated.  Thank God that hasn't happened in the past 3 seasons.

9 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Yep but he did learn (somehow) how to get out of a slump last season, based on the results at the end.

He now needs to learn how to stop getting into one in the first place, and that will eventually decide how far he goes with us or elsewhere I guess...

2 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Yep but he did learn (somehow) how to get out of a slump last season, based on the results at the end.

He now needs to learn how to stop getting into one in the first place, and that will eventually decide how far he goes with us or elsewhere I guess...

If he learnt last season why hasn't he been able to recover this. Honestly I don't feel like he has learned at all - really concerning. 

8 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Well, on reflection, it turns out there aren't (m)any LJ bashers or they'd be all over my OP!  Nothing to see here.

With respect your comment, I don't believe you can learn how to get players out of a slump / loss of form.  It's all a mental thing for the playing staff and is basically down to fear and loss of confidence.

Normally such slumps last an entire season and contribute to a team being relegated.  Thank God that hasn't happened in the past 3 seasons.

It's the managers job to get the players confident. He hasn't done his job last few months. Those players are good enough. 

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

I don’t know?, but if you are asking where the non :dancing6::clap:are then hands up again like Tuesday. 

To be honest I would prefer to be labelled as a “Realist” as opposed to an LJ hater / basher, or one who “revels in defeat”.

Didn’t expect a win at Boro to be honest as they are a top end of the league team and we are away from home. Saying that it was a close score line so we are obviously showing signs of improvement over recent weeks.

We are still in touch with the pack and not all results went against us, but I still think that we will finish about 10th.

The severe damage was definitely ne between Christmas and Easter, and if we had put Bolton and Burton away then it might have looked a bit more healthy even now. Burton tried to do us a favour today in all fairness.

I think Derby supporters might be starting to feel the same way as we do with Millwall, Brentford, Preston and Sheffield United still in the mix.

24 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Possibly there's still loads of them. They just don't find your post very interesting, which I consider more likely.

39 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

It's the managers job to get the players confident. He hasn't done his job last few months. Those players are good enough. 

...what evidence do you have to back up your assertion that ' those players are good enough ' ?....have you been watching them since Xmas ? I'm not in any way making excuses for LJ ( after all they are for the most part HIS players )  but I do wonder if we have inexplicably managed to cultivate a blind spot when it comes to mediocrity which he is capitalising on !

Just now, Crisis what Crisis ? said:

...what evidence do you have to back up your assertion that ' those players are good enough ' ?....have you been watching them since Xmas ? I'm not in any way making excuses for LJ ( after all they are for the most part HIS players )  but I do wonder if we have inexplicably managed to cultivate a blind spot when it comes to mediocrity which he is capitalising on !

The players have proved from first half of season they are capable. LJ needs to prove he can manage it for a whole season though - im not convinced he can. 

2 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

But we looked very ready at Xmas time. So LJ has to take a lot of blame for why we've gone down the pan. 

BTW I'm neither a LJ basher or supporter. I think he is ok but doesn't seem to learn and ultimately that will see him out the door I think. 

If he weren't sacked last season, he won't be this summer.  Ending season on a slump is a worry for next season though.  

39 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

The players have proved from first half of season they are capable. LJ needs to prove he can manage it for a whole season though - im not convinced he can. 

You could equally say some players have only performed for half a season, and they not the manager should go. 

Think there will be major changes in the playing staff in the summer.  

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

5 points out of the last 33 away from home i dont  think he needs bashing thats a great tally well done Lee 

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I criticised him on Tuesday night, I thought at best is was 3 goals and 3 points but the performance was just papering over the huge cracks.

People are entitled to criticise for instance his 'sacrificial lamb' half time substitution of Djuric and wonder whether he was watching a different Diedhiou to the rest of us?, question and criticise why when we had 2 giants up front we gave them nothing to feed off and when Taylor and Reid were upfront sending an endless supply of long balls?, entitled to criticise and ask why the incredible loss of form in 2018 and the failure of keeping the standards that had been set?, criticise and question the unambitious January window where for the first time in the championship for some time we were not having to panic sign to help us stave off possible relegation but actually had an opportunity to sign some badly needed quality for a big push?, question and criticise why he is a manager who presides over long seemingly endless months of poor results? 

As for the last sentence it has been three and a half months in the making, you make it seem like it has just been the odd bad result.

You learn most about your manager at times like these.

I'm not convinced either ....I'm saying that he probably can't believe his luck at the moment ! People appear to be making allowances , albeit through gritted teeth , for this collapse in form....it's almost as though they were expecting it .  I watched this set of players knocking the ball about with confidence for three months and now we see the same young men looking like ' rabbits in the headlights '....it could of course just be football and the reason we love it ! :grr:

Archived